One Piece, Bd.9, Tränen

One Piece, Bd.9, Tränen (One Piece #9)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  3,029 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Lysop und Lorenor Zorro stoßen bei der Suche nach Nami auf gefährliche Fischmenschen, die die Menschen auf der Insel Arlong Park unterdrücken. Das Schlimmste ist, dass Nami mit den grausamen Fischmenschen gemeinsame Sache macht. Doch Widerstand regt sich gegen dieses Terror-Regime und zeitgleich mit Sanji und Ruffy segelt auch die Marine nach Arlong Park...
(Carlsen)
Published September 1st 2001 by Carlsen Verlag (first published July 2nd 1999)

Julie Hayes

“Sawtooth”Arlong and his pirate gang have held Coco village captive for years, extracting tribute on a yearly basis in exchange for allowing them to live. When foolhardy Usopp challenges that rule, the village is angry with him, fearing that he is endangering their safety. Nami appears to see what’s going on, lugging her precious berries. If she can collect 100 million of them, the pirates have promised to sell her the village, and she is determined to make her goal, no matter how she has to do...more
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Kicking off this volume with Chapter 72: Suited to One's Level.
On Nami's home island there is trouble, and it's the merman kind. Nami's sister fills Usopp in on the dirt that the Arlong crew has been committing for the past eight years.
Gin, the man whom was in love with Nami's foster mother Bellemare, is in danger. Usopp in a fit of insanity and courage shoots Arlong, taunts him, and then runs. Very funny scene that lightens the heavy atmosphere of the plot. This is where I think Oda-sensei is...more
Holly Letson
I enjoyed finding out more about Nami and her past. Being as I read higher-numbered volumes (like V32!) before these lower-numbered volumes, I felt like I was lacking in background information on characters other than Luffy himself. But, Nami has still always been a favorite character of mine.
I admire her moreso now, for wanting to save her village and her family. I cannot completely relate to this, but I do understand why such things would be important for her. I just don't like her pushing a...more
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I rated this book 4.5 stars.

I just reviewed this on my blog.
To view the full review and other reviews, click here One Piece Volume 9 by Eiichiro Oda

I feel like I've been reading too much this week, because I keep reading volume after volume of One Piece, but I can't help it, since I want to know what happens next and I also want to get up to date or at least close to that, since there are currently 662 chapters online and 61 volumes in stores.
I won't review all of the One Piece volumes (since t...more
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno...more
Marilag
This volume (and the episode on the anime arc itself) will always make me cry. It's been foolproof so far. And it's why I still read this manga and watch this anime!

Just some things happening in this volume (mostly for my benefit, really):
(view spoiler)...more
Shino ^ ^
graphic novel

opinion= i love this series and this book. It shows a lot of love and friendship. However, it is also a really sad story for Nami. I think it is very touching and exciting at the same time.

recommendation= I strongly recommend this book because it is a really good story and shows the strong bond between others. Also because it shows how money can influence a lot of people and how a parent cares for there children.

a character i found interesting was Nami because you couldn't really p...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Nami 'killing' Ussop
- Introduces Marine Commodore Purin Purin
- Chapter 78: Bellemere *insert crying.gif*
- Luffy stopping Nami from harming herself, she asking me to help, he agreeing instantly and putting his strawhat! on her head for the time being. (Hey, those two have some scenes...more
Sara
This is a great adventurous book. I recommend this book to those who love adventures.
Caroline
The character-focused parts -- the interactions among the crew and especially in this volume, Nami's backstory -- are still a lot more engaging than the drawn-out fight scenes, but there are starting to be more of them.
Debbie
Nami's backstory was the start of my One Piece addiction. I didn't like Nami that much at first, but after finding out why she loved money so much was an eye opener. She went through so much pain as a child! When she was finally able to pay Arlong so that he'd leave her village, he arranges that all her money be taken away by the government! I was ready to cry. When she started to hurt herself then asked Luffy to help her out, I was teary eyed. Once again, One piece is amazing
Anna
Gearing up for the next massive fight in the series: Arlong & his fish-men goons. But first, some history on how the island came to be in this desperate situation, plus flashback of young Nami, her older sis Nojiko and Belle-Mere's parenting.

And those final pages of "Luffy... help ..." will never not make me teary-eyed

PS: for some reason VIZ decided Cocoyashi village should just be called Coco. Ok then
Claudiu
I'd say this is the point in the manga where the whole thing really comes into its own. Great storytelling, very effective use of panels and emotions, and an overall sense of greatness and self fulfillment for One Piece. I have seen the anime, am really far into it, but the manga still manages to surprise me and I hope the following volumes will be just as good as this one was.
J
I was reading this volume and volume 7 of One Piece and realized I'd seen the anime. What's weird is that the episodes I saw are the same ones as covered in this volume. Very odd, very odd. Too many volumes to track down and read all of them but One Piece is definitely fun and interesting. The Question Corner features are pretty lame, though.
Ninja Neko
Nami's background revealed, and it was very well done. But the best part of this volume is undoubtedly the appearance of the sea cow. I think my mouth fell open. The drawings are brilliant and I found the whole sea cow bit just hilarious. This crazy originality is why I like One Piece so much.
[image error]
Daniel
Nicole
We finally learn about Nami's past and what is driving her actions (and I find, of course, that I like her much better). My favorite moment? When Nami finally has the courage to cry and ask Luffy to help her, and Luffy and crew get ready to battle the Fishmen on behalf of Nami and her village...
Iruma
ada satu adegan di komik ini, adegan waktu nami nangis, bilang "tatsukete Luffy" langsung aja Luffy bilang "atari maeda!!" padahal Nami bilang dia nggak butuh bantuan Luffy, pada akhirnya dia minta tolong juga, it`s simple setiap orang pasti butuh bantuan orang lain dalam hidup ini.
Lord
There's much more storytelling than usual, there's less fighting, and the result is the best volume of this fantastic series so far. Nami's flashbacks are really heartbreaking. And I hope I don't have to mention that everything in manga is much better than in anime.. ^_^
Idle Hippo
Usopp: "I'AM THE BRAVEST WARRIOR IN EAST BLUE, CAPTAIN USOPP!"

Villager: "Who is that? Usopp? I've never heard that name before."

Kacian deh, hahaha

Bingung juga, dimanga onlen serita ini dah masuk Vol 10, kalo versi buku masih volume 9

Robert Beveridge
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Tears (ViZ, 1998)

The Arlong storyline continues apace, but we get an extended break in the middle of the volume to explore Nami's past before the final battle revs up. Great series remains as strong as ever. ****
Matimate
Coco village suffered long enough from pirate's leech and it was time for Luffy to help innocent and set things right with his crew.
GATO
Sara
Out of the few episodes of the anime I have seen, I remember seeing on about this. I think the manga is better, but that's probably because at the time I didn't really understand what was going on in the anime.
Jeffrey
Facing off against Captain Arlong's crew, Nami's history is revealed as she is forced to choose sides. A fun volume with strong character development.
Piotr
scene when Nami ask Luffy for help is exactly why i love OP. Also Nami backstory is i think first time i had moist eyes while reading a comic book... o.;
Nashi Hoshimiya
I cried in this book! It was just too sad, okay? Nami's childhood was horrible! She was forced to work for the same man who killed her mother! The poor girl.
xebec

"just give me one more chance :D
it'll be easy this time :D"

oh

nami

that's the sound of my heart breaking
Reetta Saine
Sivuhenkilöt ja takaumat tässä sarjassa ovat tarinallisesti ihan huipputasoa. Pari viime kirjaa meni nauraessa, mutta tämä oli nimensä veroinen :(...
ArdnAskelA
Quelle histoire.. Je veux bien sur parler de celle de Nami, hein. J'ai hâte de lire la suite pour voir ce qu'il va se passer.. (^_^ )
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ三十六
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 13 (Fairy Tail, #13)
208650