Start by marking “Quidditch Through the Ages” as Want to Read:
Quidditch Through the Ages

Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  103,509 Ratings  ·  3,306 Reviews
JK Rowling takes her enviable ability to turn paper into gold to the next level by cleverly teaming up with Comic Relief 2001 to bring Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (a set text during Harry's first year at Hogwarts) and Quidditch Through the Ages (Harry's favourite book), to the masses--and all the money goes to charity. --Susan Harrison
Published March 1st 2001 by Turtleback Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Quidditch Through the Ages, please sign up.

Ricky This book was published as though it had been checked out of the Hogwarts library. So there are name entries in the beginning of the book as if…moreThis book was published as though it had been checked out of the Hogwarts library. So there are name entries in the beginning of the book as if written by the characters. (less)

Kai
Apr 02, 2015 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I've read worse.”
- Rita Skeeter on Quidditch Through the Ages

I love this super witty and funny companion to the Harry Potter books. It's been created with such love for detail, it's clear to see that Joanne had much fun writing it. Maybe even as much fun as me reading it.
My favourite parts are the history of Quidditch and how it spread to other countries and continents. I especially loved the part about New Zealand.

Now, if you love Harry Potter and haven't yet read this you should reconsider y
Alejandro
Aug 27, 2014 Alejandro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Game On!!!

GO TEAM!

I didn't know what to expect about this book written by the magical J.K. Rowling about the "history" of the magic sport of Quidditch.

However, I was happily surprised that while some chapters explaining the rules of the "sport" are kinda tiresome, they were the few, since other chapters were really amusing and entertaining.

You "learn" why the decission of using brooms to fly.

Also, you "learn" about the official Quidditch teams on the British league, but even also you will le
Mohammed Arabey
Nov 25, 2012 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To reveal the Qudditch Through the Ages...You'll be enlightened with a brief bits of the History of Magic itself..
Whether it is based on TRUE EVENTS or totally from the "moste creativee mindee of Joanna Rowling" - which I start ,after her Potter saga and these related books, to believe that it's real :)-you'll be fully entertained :)
Try Also That One

The books is almost perfect just lack of one small thing, mentioning that Quidditch is Now Widely played by MUGGLES through the world :)
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Google it :)
Anniebananie
Apr 13, 2017 Anniebananie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es ist einfach der Wahnsinn, was J.K. Rowling für eine Fantasie besitzt. So ein detailreiches Handbuch über die Geschichte des Quidditch im Wandel der Zeiten mit vielen verschiedenen Spielern, Mannschaften und Anekdoten. Dieses Büchlein enthält darüber hinaus auch einige liebevoll skizzierte Zeichnungen, bspw. von einem fliegenden Besen oder dem Quidditchspielfeld. Also bekommt auch dieses Buch aus der Hogwarts Bibliothek von mir nicht nur 5 Sterne, sondern auch wieder eine uneingeschränkte Lese ...more
Liza
Apr 03, 2016 Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was awesome! I can't believe I've never read it before! I gave this 5 out of 5 not because it was a phenomenal work of literary fiction, but because of the time and effort that J.K. Rowling put into creating this amazing sport, the history, the teams, the rules, everything is phenomenally done! I love Quidditch, and being a total sports nerd this was perfect for me. The coolest thing for me was when the book discussed Canadian teams and a team called the Moose Jaw Meteorites were mentioned. ...more
Brad
Dec 01, 2016 Brad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2016-shelf
Slightly better than FB, this one reads like a long a boring textbook on the history of a wizarding game.

But that's probably because it's exactly that. :)

Don't get me wrong. It's fascinating in its way, but I've never cared much for ANY kind of sports history. It bores me to tears. :)

At least this has magic, no? It's written well. It still just happens to be a short history.
Inés Izal
Jan 17, 2016 Inés Izal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Ver en la lista de préstamos del libro el nombre de Cedric Diggory y llorar a mares.
Beatrice Masaluñga
Mar 30, 2016 Beatrice Masaluñga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Just like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, this is an informative book. We get to learn the history of Quidditch (a popular sport in the Wizarding World.), other games using Broomsticks, Quidditch Teams, Game rules etc.. It's really a fascinating read and I enjoyed it :)

EVERYTHING IS NOSTALGIC.
Ferdy
Sep 23, 2016 Ferdy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, liked-it, spin-off
Funnier and more interesting than Fantastic Beasts. Also, it read more like a genuine Hogwarts text book than Fantastic Beasts did, which was just basically a giant list with a brief summary of various creatures. This had far more magic and history and information in it.
Gorgona Grim
Sep 05, 2015 Gorgona Grim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-precious
Prvo izdanje knjige "Kvidič kroz vekove" sam dobila 2002. od svojih kumova, te mi je ona ostala na prvom mestu i nakon objavljivanja drugih knjiga iz Hogvortske biblioteke tokom 2014. godine.

Čitajući serijal upoznali smo se sa igrom koja je u čarobnjačkom svetu popularna onoliko koliko je fudbal ili košarka popularna u našem svetu Normalaca, ako ne i više. Osnovna pravila kvidiča smo savladali zajedno sa Harijem koji je, nakon što je pokazao zavidnu veštinu letenja, bio izabran za tragača. Narav
Amanda
Apr 09, 2007 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dorks like me
So, in the increasing hysteria mounting over the advent of the final Harry Potter book, I have been reading anything I can get my hands on before we all know how it ends and the fun is over! This teeny little book is quite funny and reads in about 10 minutes. Written exclusively for charity, it includes a libary check-out card in the front with "H. Potter" on the final line, as well as an explanatory foreward by Dumbledore himself. Utterly charming, it is more evidence that Rowling's universe is ...more
peiman-mir5 rezakhani
دوستانِ گرانقدر، موضوع این کتاب در مورد «کوییدیچ» است.. ورزشی که دسته جارو یا همان جاروهای چوبی و جادویی عنصرِ اصلی آن هستند
این کتاب برای آن دسته از دوستان که به داستان های «جادوگری» همچون داستان های «هری پاتر» و یا داستان های غیرواقعی و افسانه ای علاقمند هستند، میتواند خواندنی و جالب باشد
به بخش هایی از این کتاب در زیر اشاره میکنم
بازی آلمانی «استیش استاک»: در این بازی مثانۀ باد شدۀ یک اژدها را به انتهای یک تیر شش متری می بستند، یکی از بازیکنانِ جارو سوار مسئولِ مراقبت از مثانۀ اژدها بود
یک سر طنا
Reem Ghabbany
Oh my god!
This was bad!
I could have died if I didn't skip like 20 pages!
This contained so many unnecessary details!!!! Yeah there were some interesting facts that I enjoyed but most of the book was blah blah blah
I hate that I rated 2 stars to a book that belongs to my all time favorite book series
But I had to!
Trish
Mar 20, 2010 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another little book Rowling wrote in order to collect money for Comic Relief. Another book Harry Potter supposedly read during his time at Hogwarts.
This one contains the history and rules for Quidditch, the famous wizard sport. I'm not much of a sports person myself, but I do watch the Soccer World Championship and European Championship games so I know what kind of atmosphere Rowling was aiming for and she managed to evoke it (in the actual series as well as here).
Did you know that people are a
Lieke
Dec 20, 2014 Lieke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Fun to read for fans of the Harry Potter series! I am now a loyal fan of the Quidditch team The Chudley Cannons. Their change of motto from 'We shall conquer' to 'Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best' is hilarious
Bethan Watson
Aug 13, 2016 Bethan Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, children
Fantastic quick read on Qudditch. Go Puddlemere United!
Ahmad Sharabiani
Quidditch Through the Ages, J.K.(Joanne kathleen) Rowling (1965 - ), Kennilworthy Whisp (Pseudonym)
عنوان: کوییدیچ در گذر زمان؛ اثر: جی.کی. رولینگ؛ مترجم: ویدا اسلامیه؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، کتابسرای تندیس، 1380، در 103 ص، مصور، جدول، شابک: 9645757150؛

Tamara
3,5 stars

Quidditch: the best fictional sport ever!!

Rose
Dec 29, 2016 Rose rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Undoubtedly the most skilled Quidditch nation in South America is Peru, which is tipped to become the first Latin World Cup winner within ten years.”

why am i weirdly proud of peru LOL
Chelsey the crazy cat lady
The book was filled with rules, history... everything quidditch. For someone new to the Harry Potter world it was very good and full of great information to help me know the game better
Cath
Jul 25, 2015 Cath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest I hate sports, and I hate people who like sports, and I hate people who like people who like sports. Nah, joking. I just suck at P.E, and I'm terrible in anything related to it, including sports rules, etc.
But this book is an exeption; I enjoyed it a lot, it was funny and entretaining. Its hard to believe that such a thin book took me more than two months to finish.
To conclude, now I understand why Harry and Ron loved Quiddich.
P
Nov 16, 2015 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than Fantastic Beasts.
TL
Jul 17, 2014 TL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
----

Raeleen Lemay
Oct 26, 2011 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was a great companion to the Harry Potter series, and it definitely answered some of my nagging questions about Quidditch! It was fun to see how the game developed over the centuries, and to hear about some of the most famous teams (the one about the Wigtown Wanderers made me laugh... that Walter and his meat cleaver... oh goodness.) I also found it really cool how America was the place where Quidditch was the least popular! J.K. Rowling is a sneaky one...
Lina Lovegood
Das war eigentlich ein re-read, da ich das Buch bereits mit 10 oder 11 schon mal gelesen habe, mich aber nicht mehr erinnern konnte. Quidditch war ja nie das spannendste für mich an den Potter Büchern, aber der einmalige Witz und Charme haben mich dann doch einigermaßen überzeugt.
ItsMedea
3,5/5⭐
Carlie K
3.9/5 stars
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl

Brutal yet exciting, Quidditch is a sport that we all love. (Don't tell me you don't, I'm not gonna believe you)

This book has EVERYTHING that you need to learn about Quidditch. From the transformation of the game, to its rules, famous teams and different types of fouls! They are clearly described and there are pictures to help you visualize, which makes it very easy to read and understand; and I finished it in one day *happy dance*
Maxwell
Dec 03, 2014 Maxwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, 2014
Just like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them this is a really fun companion book to the Harry Potter world. It describes the origins of the game of Quidditch (and explains where the name comes from!), the evolution the game has undergone, famous Quidditch teams, and other elements of the game in general.

I really enjoyed it, but it's nothing spectacular. Yes, JK Rowling writing as Kennilworthy Whisp is great, but overall this book isn't mind-blowing. It's more a fun little addition to have w
Prashant
May 21, 2012 Prashant rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Trying to hold on to the last traces of this magical world, I think I have reached the end of the rope.

This book is a short historical commentary on the game Quidditch and it reads like a course book.At some parts the book becomes interesting when the author is not giving you data and names of the teams that have played this game, the evolution across the countries, the changes that took place in the bat and the balls(?).

The snippets about the snitch and team alignments are interesting for the
Bookreads :): Quidditch Through the Ages 1 5 Dec 31, 2015 09:36AM
All the Books!: Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling 1 7 Jul 15, 2015 04:19PM
What Magical Textbook would you want JK to write? 43 245 Apr 16, 2015 11:59AM
The Nerd Herd: Quidditch Through the Ages 1 11 Feb 22, 2014 12:06PM
  • The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter
  • Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter: Analysis of Books 1-4
  • Dear Mr. Potter: Letters of Love, Loss, and Magic
  • J. K. Rowling: The Wizard Behind Harry Potter
  • The Lexicon: An Unauthorized Guide to Harry Potter Fiction and Related Materials
  • Conversations with J.K. Rowling
  • The Deathly Hallows Lectures: The Hogwarts Professor Explains the Final Harry Potter Adventure
  • Mugglenet.Com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End
  • Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • Mugglenet.com's Harry Potter Should Have Died: Controversial Views from the #1 Fan Site
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to the World of Harry Potter
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • J.K. Rowling - A Biography
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike (Unofficial Cookbook)
  • Tales from the Perilous Realm
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
"Kennilworthy Whisp" is the fictional author given by J.K. Rowling for Quidditch Through the Ages.
More about Kennilworthy Whisp...

Hogwarts Library (3 books)
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

“Although people rarely died playing Quidditch, referees had been known to vanish and turn up months later in the Sahara Desert.” 163 likes
“Madam Pince, our librarian, tells me that it is 'pawed about, dribbled on, and generally maltreated' nearly everyday - a high compliment for any book.” 33 likes