Start by marking “Quidditch im Wandel der Zeiten” as Want to Read:
Quidditch im Wandel der Zeiten

Quidditch im Wandel der Zeiten (Hogwarts Library)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  84,280 Ratings  ·  2,120 Reviews
Falls Sie sich je gefragt haben, woher der Goldene Schnatz stammt, wie die Klatscher ins Spiel kamen oder weshalb auf den Umhängen der Wigtown Wanderers ein Fleischerbeil prangt, dann brauchen Sie Quidditch im Wandel der Zeiten. Diese limitierte Sonderausgabe ist der Nachdruck eines Bandes aus der Schulbibliothek von Hogwarts, den junge Quidditch-Fans tagtäglich zu Rate zi ...more
Hardcover, German Edition, 64 pages
Published April 1st 2002 by Distribooks (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Quidditch im Wandel der Zeiten, please sign up.

Ricky This book was published as though it had been checked out of the Hogwarts library. So there are name entries in the beginning of the book as if…moreThis book was published as though it had been checked out of the Hogwarts library. So there are name entries in the beginning of the book as if written by the characters. (less)

Mohammed Arabey
Sep 23, 2013 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To reveal the Qudditch Through the Ages...You'll be enlightened with a brief bits of the History of Magic itself..
Whether it is based on TRUE EVENTS or totally from the "moste creativee mindee of Joanna Rowling" - which I start ,after her Potter saga and these related books, to believe that it's real :)-you'll be fully entertained :)
Try Also That One

The books is almost perfect just lack of one small thing, mentioning that Quidditch is Now Widely played by MUGGLES through the world :)
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Google it :)
Alejandro
Aug 29, 2014 Alejandro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know what to expect about this book written by the magical J.K. Rowling about the "history" of the magic sport of Quidditch.

However, I was happily surprised that while some chapters explaining the rules of the "sport" are kinda tiresome, they were the few, since other chapters were really amusing and entertaining.

You "learn" why the decission of using brooms to fly.

Also, you "learn" about the official Quidditch teams on the British league, but even also you will learn about how popular
Inés Izal
Jan 17, 2016 Inés Izal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Ver en la lista de préstamos del libro el nombre de Cedric Diggory y llorar a mares.
Amanda
Apr 09, 2007 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dorks like me
So, in the increasing hysteria mounting over the advent of the final Harry Potter book, I have been reading anything I can get my hands on before we all know how it ends and the fun is over! This teeny little book is quite funny and reads in about 10 minutes. Written exclusively for charity, it includes a libary check-out card in the front with "H. Potter" on the final line, as well as an explanatory foreward by Dumbledore himself. Utterly charming, it is more evidence that Rowling's universe is ...more
Tamara
3,5 stars

Quidditch: the best fictional sport ever!!

Lieke
Dec 25, 2014 Lieke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Fun to read for fans of the Harry Potter series! I am now a loyal fan of the Quidditch team The Chudley Cannons. Their change of motto from 'We shall conquer' to 'Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best' is hilarious
P.Z.
Nov 16, 2015 P.Z. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than Fantastic Beasts.
Candy Melissa Kwong
3.9/5 stars
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl

Brutal yet exciting, Quidditch is a sport that we all love. (Don't tell me you don't, I'm not gonna believe you)

This book has EVERYTHING that you need to learn about Quidditch. From the transformation of the game, to its rules, famous teams and different types of fouls! They are clearly described and there are pictures to help you visualize, which makes it very easy to read and understand; and I finished it in one day *happy dance*
TL
Jan 09, 2016 TL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
----

Cath
Aug 06, 2015 Cath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest I hate sports, and I hate people who like sports, and I hate people who like people who like sports. Nah, joking. I just suck at P.E, and I'm terrible in anything related to it, including sports rules, etc.
But this book is an exeption; I enjoyed it a lot, it was funny and entretaining. Its hard to believe that such a thin book took me more than two months to finish.
To conclude, now I understand why Harry and Ron loved Quiddich.
Prashant
May 23, 2012 Prashant rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Trying to hold on to the last traces of this magical world, I think I have reached the end of the rope.

This book is a short historical commentary on the game Quidditch and it reads like a course book.At some parts the book becomes interesting when the author is not giving you data and names of the teams that have played this game, the evolution across the countries, the changes that took place in the bat and the balls(?).

The snippets about the snitch and team alignments are interesting for the
Maxwell
Dec 04, 2014 Maxwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, 2014
Just like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them this is a really fun companion book to the Harry Potter world. It describes the origins of the game of Quidditch (and explains where the name comes from!), the evolution the game has undergone, famous Quidditch teams, and other elements of the game in general.

I really enjoyed it, but it's nothing spectacular. Yes, JK Rowling writing as Kennilworthy Whisp is great, but overall this book isn't mind-blowing. It's more a fun little addition to have w
Raeleen Lemay
Jun 07, 2012 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great companion to the Harry Potter series, and it definitely answered some of my nagging questions about Quidditch! It was fun to see how the game developed over the centuries, and to hear about some of the most famous teams (the one about the Wigtown Wanderers made me laugh... that Walter and his meat cleaver... oh goodness.) I also found it really cool how America was the place where Quidditch was the least popular! J.K. Rowling is a sneaky one...
Emily
Jan 31, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book, mainly because reading it means that I've read a book that Harry himself has read! This is indeed the library book that Snape takes away from Harry in the first Harry Potter book because Harry has taken it out of the castle -- during this time, Hermione is trying to hide the jar of mobile bluebell flames that she conjured... I would tell you the exact dialogue, but I wouldn't want to be THAT extreme....
Kirsten
Jan 17, 2016 Kirsten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boekje is ook weer leuk als extra boekje bij de Harry Potter boeken. Je komt meer te weten over zwerkbal. Het gaat diep in over het ontstaan van zwerkbal maar ook over overtredingen. Het voelt tijdens het lezen aan alsof je een boekje aan het lezen bent over een echte sport. Het was een leuke ervaring om het boekje te lezen, het was niet alleen leuk maar ook informatief.
Andreas
Dec 07, 2015 Andreas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wie ich das Buch endlich mal gelesen habe. Ich sollte öfter FLugzeug fliegen xD
Ömer
Sep 06, 2015 Ömer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dünya liginde oynayan takımların armalarında ne olduğunu bile öğrendim :D Güzeldi.
Ask
Jan 27, 2016 Ask rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Some extra knowledge about Quidditch which I know none of it!
Brad
Kennilworthy Whisp's history of Quidditch is rather dry; nonetheless, it does contain some fine entertainments.

His chapter on "The Arrival of the Golden Snitch" is particularly fun, especially when talking about the Golden Snidgets that gave rise to what we now call the Snitch. Another high point is his chapter on "Quidditch Teams of England and Ireland," which recounts each team's finest moments and illuminates the long time rivalries that are sure to spring up in any sporting competition.

Over
Gökhann
Oct 28, 2015 Gökhann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Birkaç yil sadece Harry Potter ve bu 3kitabi dönup dönüp okusam keşke.
Diğer kitaplar aradan çekilsin yenileri falan çıkmasin aklım kalmasin baskalarında maksadım.
Neyse güzel falan demiycem siz harry potterla alakali muhtesem olmayan bisey gördünüz mü?
Görmediniz :) ya da yanlış gordunüz.
omerin yorumunda kopya cekip =》Arkadaş olmayan bir spor hakkinda bu kadar ayrintı aşığım sana jk.Sana kitaplarina yaratıcilığına muhtesemsin.
Rowena
2015 Reading Challenge - A book you can finish in a day

Amo a J.K., realmente la amo. Nunca va a dejar de sorprenderme cuánto sabe y cómo utiliza todo lo que sabe para lograr una lectura maravillosa. Me gustó incluso más que Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Mia
Made me smile through its entirety. I'm experiencing a major urge to re-read the Harry Potter series again.
Dylan Williams
Oct 27, 2014 Dylan Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I am rating this in a very biased way, it it still a great quick read for anybody who loved the original Harry Potter books.
Elijah Porter
This book came in a package with "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" when I bought it. Of the two, I prefer this one. "Quidditch Through the Ages" goes in-depth with a very convincing history. Rowling does a great job making this world believable that it’s real. She starts off from the invention of this game in a wizard family’s backyard, shows historical artifacts, and explains the more primitive version of the sport. She goes on to talk about rules, historic games, advances in brooms and ...more
Salymar
Jan 15, 2013 Salymar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever wonder about the origin of Quidditch? Do you want information of some of the teams mentioned in the Harry Potter? Do you want to learn how to play Quidditch legally? Take a plunge into this Hogwart's Library book for your answers! XD

Quidditch Through the Ages is a wonderful book together with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! However, Quidditch Through the Ages is a shorter read but it is still an awesome treat for all Harry Potter fans, obsessed or just interested in that extra litt
Alice
I really thought I could read Quidditch Through the Ages without falling into this nostalgic pit of missing the Harry Potter universe. But I do miss it, so much that I only just realized it as I was reading about the history of this damn fictional sport (not so fictional anymore since people are already playing it in real life, I suppose?).

I don't know how she did it, but JK Rowling made me smile on practically every page of this little book. Every chapter dealt with things about Quidditch that
Claus Maack
[3.5 stars]
Great, quick and fun read! I loved how it felt so textbooky, and I found the origins of Quidditch to be really interesting actually! I read the Hogwarts Library edition, and omg they are probably some of the nicest books I own. Highly recommended to all HP fans.
Simone Hagemann
Oct 12, 2015 Simone Hagemann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own
Virkelig fin og lærerig bog! Den gav mig virkelig lyst til at læse og lære mere om Quidditch.
Stephanie
This book was so interesting. I love Quidditch and this book was so cool to read about. It got me to learn a lot about the amazing sport. I really enjoyed it :)
Miss Abernathy
Sep 03, 2015 Miss Abernathy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointing
1.5 en realidad.

Gracias a este libro he descubierto que el quidditch y el fútbol me suscitan el mismo interés: ninguno.
Bookreads :): Quidditch Through the Ages 1 1 Dec 31, 2015 09:36AM
All the Books!: Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling 1 6 Jul 15, 2015 04:19PM
What Magical Textbook would you want JK to write? 43 238 Apr 16, 2015 11:59AM
The Nerd Herd: Quidditch Through the Ages 1 9 Feb 22, 2014 12:06PM
Quidditch Through The Ages 18 81 Aug 23, 2012 07:26PM
  • The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • New Clues to Harry Potter Book 5: Hints from the Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter
  • So You Think You Know Harry Potter?: Over 1000 Wizard Quiz Questions
  • MuggleNet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?
  • The Lexicon: An Unauthorized Guide to Harry Potter Fiction and Related Materials
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • Dear Mr. Potter: Letters of Love, Loss, and Magic
  • J.K. Rowling - A Biography
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
  • Harry Potter: Film Wizardry
  • Tales from the Perilous Realm
  • The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7)
"Kennilworthy Whisp" is the fictional author given by J.K. Rowling for Quidditch Through the Ages.
More about Kennilworthy Whisp...

Hogwarts Library (3 books)
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

“Although people rarely died playing Quidditch, referees had been known to vanish and turn up months later in the Sahara Desert.” 155 likes
“Madam Pince, our librarian, tells me that it is 'pawed about, dribbled on, and generally maltreated' nearly everyday - a high compliment for any book.” 27 likes