Start by marking “Quidditch Through the Ages” as Want to Read:
Quidditch Through the Ages

Quidditch Through the Ages (Hogwarts Library)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  96,570 Ratings  ·  2,878 Reviews
Did you know that: there are 700 ways of committing a foul in Quidditch? The game first began to evolve on Queerditch Marsh - What Bumphing is? That Puddlemere United is oldest team in the Britain and Ireland league (founded 1163). All this information and much more could be yours once you have read this book: this is all you could ever need to know about the history, the ...more
Published June 1st 2001 by Scholastic (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Quidditch Through the Ages, please sign up.

Ricky This book was published as though it had been checked out of the Hogwarts library. So there are name entries in the beginning of the book as if…moreThis book was published as though it had been checked out of the Hogwarts library. So there are name entries in the beginning of the book as if written by the characters. (less)

Alejandro
May 18, 2016 Alejandro rated it really liked it
Game On!!!

GO TEAM!

I didn't know what to expect about this book written by the magical J.K. Rowling about the "history" of the magic sport of Quidditch.

However, I was happily surprised that while some chapters explaining the rules of the "sport" are kinda tiresome, they were the few, since other chapters were really amusing and entertaining.

You "learn" why the decission of using brooms to fly.

Also, you "learn" about the official Quidditch teams on the British league, but even also you will le
Kai
Dec 02, 2016 Kai rated it it was amazing
“I've read worse.”
- Rita Skeeter on Quidditch Through the Ages

I love this super witty and funny companion to the Harry Potter books. It's been created with such love for detail, it's clear to see that Joanne had much fun writing it. Maybe even as much fun as me reading it.
My favourite parts are the history of Quidditch and how it spread to other countries and continents. I especially loved the part about New Zealand.

Now, if you love Harry Potter and haven't yet read this you should reconsider y
Mohammed Arabey
Nov 18, 2016 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To reveal the Qudditch Through the Ages...You'll be enlightened with a brief bits of the History of Magic itself..
Whether it is based on TRUE EVENTS or totally from the "moste creativee mindee of Joanna Rowling" - which I start ,after her Potter saga and these related books, to believe that it's real :)-you'll be fully entertained :)
Try Also That One

The books is almost perfect just lack of one small thing, mentioning that Quidditch is Now Widely played by MUGGLES through the world :)
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Google it :)
Liza
Apr 07, 2016 Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was awesome! I can't believe I've never read it before! I gave this 5 out of 5 not because it was a phenomenal work of literary fiction, but because of the time and effort that J.K. Rowling put into creating this amazing sport, the history, the teams, the rules, everything is phenomenally done! I love Quidditch, and being a total sports nerd this was perfect for me. The coolest thing for me was when the book discussed Canadian teams and a team called the Moose Jaw Meteorites were mentioned. ...more
Inés Izal
Jan 17, 2016 Inés Izal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Ver en la lista de préstamos del libro el nombre de Cedric Diggory y llorar a mares.
Beatrice Masaluñga
Mar 30, 2016 Beatrice Masaluñga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Just like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, this is an informative book. We get to learn the history of Quidditch (a popular sport in the Wizarding World.), other games using Broomsticks, Quidditch Teams, Game rules etc.. It's really a fascinating read and I enjoyed it :)

EVERYTHING IS NOSTALGIC.
Ferdy
Oct 06, 2016 Ferdy rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, liked-it, spin-off
Funnier and more interesting than Fantastic Beasts. Also, it read more like a genuine Hogwarts text book than Fantastic Beasts did, which was just basically a giant list with a brief summary of various creatures. This had far more magic and history and information in it.
peiman-mir5 rezakhani
دوستانِ گرانقدر، موضوع این کتاب در مورد «کوییدیچ» است.. ورزشی که دسته جارو یا همان جاروهای چوبی و جادویی عنصرِ اصلی آن هستند
این کتاب برای آن دسته از دوستان که به داستان های «جادوگری» همچون داستان های «هری پاتر» و یا داستان های غیرواقعی و افسانه ای علاقمند هستند، میتواند خواندنی و جالب باشد
به بخش هایی از این کتاب در زیر اشاره میکنم
بازی آلمانی «استیش استاک»: در این بازی مثانۀ باد شدۀ یک اژدها را به انتهای یک تیر شش متری می بستند، یکی از بازیکنانِ جارو سوار مسئولِ مراقبت از مثانۀ اژدها بود
یک سر طنا
Tamara
3,5 stars

Quidditch: the best fictional sport ever!!

Lieke
Dec 25, 2014 Lieke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Fun to read for fans of the Harry Potter series! I am now a loyal fan of the Quidditch team The Chudley Cannons. Their change of motto from 'We shall conquer' to 'Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best' is hilarious
Bethan Watson
Aug 13, 2016 Bethan Watson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, children
Fantastic quick read on Qudditch. Go Puddlemere United!
Cath
Aug 06, 2015 Cath rated it really liked it
To be honest I hate sports, and I hate people who like sports, and I hate people who like people who like sports. Nah, joking. I just suck at P.E, and I'm terrible in anything related to it, including sports rules, etc.
But this book is an exeption; I enjoyed it a lot, it was funny and entretaining. Its hard to believe that such a thin book took me more than two months to finish.
To conclude, now I understand why Harry and Ron loved Quiddich.
P
Nov 16, 2015 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than Fantastic Beasts.
TL
Jan 09, 2016 TL rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reading
“Madam Pince, our librarian, tells me that it is 'pawed about, dribbled on, and generally maltreated' nearly everyday - a high compliment for any book.”
----

Candy Melissa Kwong
Jan 28, 2015 Candy Melissa Kwong rated it liked it
3.9/5 stars
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl

Brutal yet exciting, Quidditch is a sport that we all love. (Don't tell me you don't, I'm not gonna believe you)

This book has EVERYTHING that you need to learn about Quidditch. From the transformation of the game, to its rules, famous teams and different types of fouls! They are clearly described and there are pictures to help you visualize, which makes it very easy to read and understand; and I finished it in one day *happy dance*
Lina Lovegood
Das war eigentlich ein re-read, da ich das Buch bereits mit 10 oder 11 schon mal gelesen habe, mich aber nicht mehr erinnern konnte. Quidditch war ja nie das spannendste für mich an den Potter Büchern, aber der einmalige Witz und Charme haben mich dann doch einigermaßen überzeugt.
Maxwell
Dec 04, 2014 Maxwell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, 2014
Just like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them this is a really fun companion book to the Harry Potter world. It describes the origins of the game of Quidditch (and explains where the name comes from!), the evolution the game has undergone, famous Quidditch teams, and other elements of the game in general.

I really enjoyed it, but it's nothing spectacular. Yes, JK Rowling writing as Kennilworthy Whisp is great, but overall this book isn't mind-blowing. It's more a fun little addition to have w
Raeleen Lemay
Jun 07, 2012 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great companion to the Harry Potter series, and it definitely answered some of my nagging questions about Quidditch! It was fun to see how the game developed over the centuries, and to hear about some of the most famous teams (the one about the Wigtown Wanderers made me laugh... that Walter and his meat cleaver... oh goodness.) I also found it really cool how America was the place where Quidditch was the least popular! J.K. Rowling is a sneaky one...
Prashant
Jan 08, 2014 Prashant rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
Trying to hold on to the last traces of this magical world, I think I have reached the end of the rope.

This book is a short historical commentary on the game Quidditch and it reads like a course book.At some parts the book becomes interesting when the author is not giving you data and names of the teams that have played this game, the evolution across the countries, the changes that took place in the bat and the balls(?).

The snippets about the snitch and team alignments are interesting for the
Juli
Jul 05, 2016 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Un libro que me mostró más del mundo de Harry Potter!! Me encantó!
Anna
This book is absolutely awesome, it's such an enjoyable and quick read!
I can't believe I waited that long to finally read it.
We get so much interesting insight in the making of broomsticks, the history and development of Quidditch (from the first game ever payed to the one we know and love nowadays) and we learn a lot about the different positions, fouls and teams.
JKR really put a lot of effort into this little book and it was absolutely worth it.
A must read for every Harry Potter fan!
Emily
Jan 31, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing
I love this book, mainly because reading it means that I've read a book that Harry himself has read! This is indeed the library book that Snape takes away from Harry in the first Harry Potter book because Harry has taken it out of the castle -- during this time, Hermione is trying to hide the jar of mobile bluebell flames that she conjured... I would tell you the exact dialogue, but I wouldn't want to be THAT extreme....
Hanna
May 16, 2016 Hanna rated it it was amazing
My love for Harry Potter is growing every single day!! This was such a great little book, especially if you're a big fan of Quidditch (like me).
Definitely a 5 out of 5 stars
Azbaqiyah
Dec 01, 2016 Azbaqiyah rated it really liked it
Some extra knowledge about Quidditch which I know none of it!
Kathy
Mar 24, 2016 Kathy rated it liked it
For the true Harry Potter fans. Clever little book.
Ömer
Sep 06, 2015 Ömer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dünya liginde oynayan takımların armalarında ne olduğunu bile öğrendim :D Güzeldi.
Enci
Feb 25, 2016 Enci rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
These Hogwarts library books are such a nice little dips into the Harry Potter universe and I love them so much, this being no exception.

Quidditch has always been a really important part of the story, this is the one thing Harry feels like he's actually great at and I've always found it really interesting to read about, so having a small little book about its history and how it developed was great.

I loved the development of the sport, I loved that the book showed how different part of the game,
Gökhann
Oct 28, 2015 Gökhann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Birkaç yil sadece Harry Potter ve bu 3kitabi dönup dönüp okusam keşke.
Diğer kitaplar aradan çekilsin yenileri falan çıkmasin aklım kalmasin baskalarında maksadım.
Neyse güzel falan demiycem siz harry potterla alakali muhtesem olmayan bisey gördünüz mü?
Görmediniz :) ya da yanlış gordunüz.
omerin yorumunda kopya cekip =》Arkadaş olmayan bir spor hakkinda bu kadar ayrintı aşığım sana jk.Sana kitaplarina yaratıcilığına muhtesemsin.
Kirsten
Jan 17, 2016 Kirsten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boekje is ook weer leuk als extra boekje bij de Harry Potter boeken. Je komt meer te weten over zwerkbal. Het gaat diep in over het ontstaan van zwerkbal maar ook over overtredingen. Het voelt tijdens het lezen aan alsof je een boekje aan het lezen bent over een echte sport. Het was een leuke ervaring om het boekje te lezen, het was niet alleen leuk maar ook informatief.
Bookreads :): Quidditch Through the Ages 1 5 Dec 31, 2015 09:36AM
All the Books!: Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling 1 7 Jul 15, 2015 04:19PM
What Magical Textbook would you want JK to write? 43 244 Apr 16, 2015 11:59AM
The Nerd Herd: Quidditch Through the Ages 1 11 Feb 22, 2014 12:06PM
  • The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter
  • Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter: Analysis of Books 1-4
  • Dear Mr. Potter: Letters of Love, Loss, and Magic
  • J. K. Rowling: The Wizard Behind Harry Potter
  • The Lexicon: An Unauthorized Guide to Harry Potter Fiction and Related Materials
  • Conversations with J.K. Rowling
  • The Deathly Hallows Lectures: The Hogwarts Professor Explains the Final Harry Potter Adventure
  • MuggleNet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls in Love and How Will the Adventure Finally End?
  • Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey
  • The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter : A Treasury of Myths, Legends, and Fascinating Facts
  • Mugglenet.com's Harry Potter Should Have Died: Controversial Views from the #1 Fan Site
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to the World of Harry Potter
  • An Unofficial Muggle's Guide to the Wizarding World: Exploring the Harry Potter Universe
  • J.K. Rowling - A Biography
  • The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: From Cauldron Cakes to Knickerbocker Glory--More Than 150 Magical Recipes for Wizards and Non-Wizards Alike
  • Tales from the Perilous Realm
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)
  • Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon