Start by marking “Las Cuatro Revelaciones” as Want to Read:
Las Cuatro Revelaciones

Las Cuatro Revelaciones

The Four Insights are the wisdom teachings that have been protected by secret societies of Earthkeepers, the medicine men and women of the Americas. The Insights state that all creation—humans, whales, and even stars—is made from light manifest through the power of intention. The Earthkeepers mastered the Insights, and used them to heal disease, eliminate emotional suf
Published May 1st 2007 by Editorial Sirio (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Las Cuatro Revelaciones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Las Cuatro Revelaciones

Joyce
Apr 30, 2009 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snake Jaguar Hummingbird Eagle... Problems aren't solved at the level they were created. From which level of awareness are you processing your challenges, your life? A problem at one level is an opportunity at the next level. You don't have to engage a deadly disease fated by family genes when viewed from hummingbird. Learn the lesson that it (the disease) came to teach you without going there physically. These teachings come from High Shamans of the Andes. They are hoping we are ready to shift. ...more
Jim Morris
May 05, 2014 Jim Morris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not just a read. There are exercises. Usually, with a book of this kind I'll read it all the way through first, and then if it seems worthwhile I'll do the exercises. The Four Insights takes shamanism deeper than most shamanic books, and it was clear from the gitgo that I was going to take it slow, do the exercises as I went, when I had time to clear my mind and do them right. So far I've done the first three with excellent results.
The narrative is also quite good. Villoldo is a PhD and has
Katherine
Sep 22, 2014 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this insightful book. Haha
The author was easy to follow and thorough yet simple with his explanations and examples. It's wonderful at any level that you're absorbing it, so I'm going to pass it to another that needs it.
Jean Wentz
Oct 28, 2012 Jean Wentz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will need to read this again (and probably again) to digest everything. Definitely a reference book.
Edie
Aug 10, 2012 Edie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, it gave me so much insight and helped me open myself to healing.
Lynn
May 07, 2009 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult seekers of wisdom and spiritual growth
In The Four Insights Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D. teaches the ancient wisdom of "The Earthkeepers" as he was taught it by his Laika mentor, don Antonio. don Antonio was "one of the last of the living Laika" who took the author "under his wing and trained me for nearly 25 years. . . [don Antonio:] was a descendent of the Inka, whose culture was masculine and militaristic. The Laika's teachings were from an earlier time, when the feminine aspect of the divine was recognized."

The author makes general re
P.B. Morlen
Nov 21, 2014 P.B. Morlen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is excellent! For anyone wanting to explore the mystics of the Laika who live high in the Andes in Peru, this book is for you. Alberto Villoldo is an inspiration and shares the Earthkeepers four insights om such a way that the reader is taken on a journey of spirit.
Marie
Apr 03, 2016 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book on Shamanism. Great beginners book.
Mellissa
Feb 16, 2009 Mellissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This will be my bible for the next few years. Perfect for a good read-through once . . . and then reference later. Modern age shaman practices . . . very insightful.
Russell Four
Apr 08, 2011 Russell Four rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a very powerful ans insightful book,I've had it a long time but just finished it.I like it very much as it brings different perspectives to light!
Torry Fountinhead
An ancient wisdom is bound to surface to allow Humanity to better itself - an it did, yet again, through this book. It is written beautifuly and prolifically.
Worth reading every word of it.
Kendra
Enjoyable and easy read, with info and meditational tools to help people step beyond their ego, and into love and healing for themselves and fellow humans and animals.
Gina
Apr 21, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The kind of book everyone should read and reread over and over. I think I might just buy all my friends & family a copy.
Shannon Ritchie
Loved this book. A must read for anyone who wants to learn inner peace and how to let go of the Ego.
Sandra
Mar 15, 2007 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am taking classes with Alberto and this is a great read. It is not the 4 agreements! It is a different book. It is about energy and how it effects your life.
Jessica
Mar 24, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my shaman said i should pick this up, so i have...i always return to it at the right time...i look forward to applying the principles I have learned in this book

peace
Eudaimonia Green
Yet another beautiful book put in my path to enlightenment.
Sally McRogerson
This book is either full of insights or utter drivel and I haven't made up my mind which yet.
Jaime
Nov 20, 2016 Jaime rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have nine pages of this book dogeared. For someone who has a firm philosophy of first writing in books to mark important passages, and only "physically damaging" the corners of pages for VERY CRITICAL THINGS, this number of dogears to non-dogears is a very high ratio.

I started this book just before the election. Each time I picked it up since then, it told me what I needed to know. Meaning, I would have a question that had been dancing around in my head, and flip a page, and something directly
Emily Crow
This book is kind of a mishmash. It's like The Four Agreements meets Zen Buddhism meets self-help, with some chakra balancing exercises, too. As is typical in this sort of work, pop "quantum physics" makes the rounds as well. I know it's supposed to be inspired by ancient Latin American shamanism that the author learned from a wise man in Peru, but I'm a bit skeptical of claims of ancient wisdom.

I actually put this book aside a couple of times, because of the statement that we can create realit
Terry Sprouse
Apr 06, 2016 Terry Sprouse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the Dali Lama said at Pizza Hut, "make me one with eveything."

Given half a chance, this book will change your way of thinking.

On first reading, I just skimmed my way through the text.

However, as I went back to re-read some parts that stood out to me, the book grew on me. The more I read, the more I appreciated the depth and thoughtful reflection contained in the book.

As a fan of Abraham Lincoln, I was particularly struck by the subject of storytelling.

We are all generally inclined to accept
Luca
Jan 19, 2017 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is arguably one of the best books ever written and certainly one of the best books I have ever read. There are so many insights and so many of the close to my heart I was writing notes like crazy. It will cost me a lot of time to get all those gems I noted. However, I am determined to make an effort to really get to them, and more important, to get them into working practice.

The ways the Levels are explained, what they mean, how to see them, what they bring, and ho you can use these insight
Tu
Nov 24, 2013 Tu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A revealing look into ancient wisdoms.
Joe Montoya
Mar 27, 2009 Joe Montoya is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
as an EarthKeeper, I find this highly inspirational.
Vin
Mar 06, 2013 Vin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many terms eg serpent etc.. wasnt impressed at all
Dragan Daniela
Dragan Daniela rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Graham
Graham rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Belinda Peng
Belinda Peng rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Susie Cochrane
Susie Cochrane rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2014
Jj
Jj rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2011
  • Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
  • Shamanic Journeying
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Power Up Your Brain: The Neuroscience of Enlightenment
  • The Toltec Way: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • The Meditation Bible: The Definitive Guide to Meditations for Every Purpose
  • Seven Arrows
  • Calling the Circle: The First and Future Culture
  • Blackfoot Physics: A Journey Into the Native American Universe
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
By his mid-20s Alberto Villoldo was the youngest clinical professor at San Francisco State University. He was directing his own laboratory, the Biological Self-Regulation Lab, investigating how energy medicine and visualization could change the chemistry of the brain.

One day in his biology laboratory, Alberto realized that his investigation had to get bigger instead of smaller; Alberto needed to f
More about Alberto Villoldo...

“We often confuse love for a warm glow we sense in our bellies and as something we can offer and withdraw, like a cat who comes and goes at its pleasure. It’s easy for us to extend love toward those who are lovable, but loving people and situations that are not to our liking isn’t so easy. We give our love “unconditionally,” but when we don’t receive what we feel we deserve, we withdraw it. We then reinvest our love in a new person or situation that we think will give us a better return, but we find it difficult to maintain when we don’t feel recognized or acknowledged. If things don’t work out the way we want them to, we too readily exchange our loving feelings for hatred and resentment. Our initial excitement over a new job, for instance, may sour and become disappointment and bitterness. When we’ve been jilted by a lover, the intense, starry-eyed passion of infatuation can turn into loathing so great that it consumes us. To an Earthkeeper, love is not a feeling or something you barter with. Love is the essence of who you are, and it radiates from you as a brilliant aura: You become love, practice fearlessness, and attain enlightenment.” 0 likes