Start by marking “Rubinė (Meilė keliauja laiku, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rubinė (Meilė keliauja laiku, #1)
Preview

Rubinė (The Ruby Red Trilogy #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  49,013 ratings  ·  5,483 reviews
Nuotaikingas, nuotykių kupinas pasakojimas apie šešiolikmetę Gvendoliną Šepard. Ji ne tik regi vaiduoklius ir lietvamzdžių chimeras, bet netikėtai paveldi kelionių laiku geną, leidžiantį elapsuoti - persikelti į praeitį. Ten ji susiduria su paslaptinguoju grafu Sen Žermenu, susitinka su savo proprosenele ir patiria daugybę kvapą gniaužiančių išgyvenimų.

Nekontroliuojamos k
Published March 2010 by Alma littera (first published January 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rubinė, please sign up.

Kassandra Yes, this book is definitely appropriate for young teens. Although adults may enjoy the concept of the book as well.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Bailee Because They wouldn't be able to travel back with it, or they wouldn't be able to travel again. Also, the other second chronograph wasn't working…moreBecause They wouldn't be able to travel back with it, or they wouldn't be able to travel again. Also, the other second chronograph wasn't working before so if they took it before Lucy and Paul stole it all the other time travelers would be time traveling uncontrollably. Also, they've said before it is dangerous to change the past, and it would also be difficult to steal chronograph since it would be under heavy guard and no one in the past would recognize Gideon or Gwyneth. (less)

Sasha Alsberg
I'll be uploading my review to my YouTube channel abookutopia!! (I review both the book & the movie).
Loved this book!!!
Ariel
Review to come.. It's 2:42am! THIS DARNED GREAT BOOK MADE ME STAY UP SO LATE!
____________

Okay! So it's the 27th now, and I'm ready to write my review. The first thing that should be apparent is that I loved this book. I gave it 5/5 stars, and it kept me up into the ridiculous hours of the night on both of the days that I read it. I recommend it to all!

Now, let's break it up.

Firstly, plot. One of the main reasons I loved this book was because it was constantly exciting. The plot kept up at a grea
Kat O'Keeffe
Loved this book! Gwen is such a charming and funny character, her voice and personality were great! The time travel aspect was well thought out, and I'm really liking how the main mystery is developing. Definitely looking forward to finishing this trilogy! (Even though the third book doesn't come out until OCTOBER! *sigh*)
Christine Riccio
I had so much fun reading this book. I love the narrator! I just posted my booktalk/discussion: http://youtu.be/b5bTqUrWG2I =D
Etnik
4 SOLID STARS!

description

Full review to come!
Tatiana
I knew Ruby Red wouldn't be quite my type of YA lit after reading first couple of pages of it. Even though the main character, Gwyneth, is 16 going on 17, she sounds about 12. Naturally, a quick decision-maker that I am, I made up my mind to drop it right after finishing chapter 1. After finishing chapter 1 I decided to drop it after chapter 2, and so it went...

Gwyneth is a member of the family of time-travelers. Every other generation or so her family produces a girl who starts uncontrollably t
Cara
I decided I was going to take some time to percolate my ideas for this book, but it's still up in the air what I exactly think. Had some aspects I liked (i.e. time-travel), and others I didn't (i.e. the arc of the story).

All right synopsis first: Gwen is a sixteen-year-old girl who lives in London (the book was written in German originally so I'm not sure why that setting was chosen). Normal enough, but she comes from a family who can time-travel. Thankfully the gene bypassed her and was given t
Duchess Nicole
Sometimes I really wonder what young adults see in certain young adult books. This series has pretty good ratings but I just don't see it. I was so bored for the first eighty percent of the book. I felt as if I had no idea who this heroine really was. I don't even think it says how old she is until late in the book, which left me feeling a little off about her character. Since each year makes a big difference when it comes to teens, not knowing if she was twelve or seventeen was weird. So much o ...more
Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life)
Gonna read this gonna read this hooray
Cynn

Sí,me gustó, me gustó, me gustó y muuuuucho.

En Ruby Red nos encontramos con una historia sobre viajeros del tiempo. Se centra en la vida de Gwendolyn, una adolescente de 16 años que al parecer nunca imaginó que ella podía ser la portadora del "especial gen familiar". Este gen especial es poder viajar al pasado. Cuando ocurre el llamado salto (que sería cambiar de una época a otra) puede estar 10 segundos, 30 minutos o 3 horas en el mismo lugar en el que se encontraba antes de saltar pero en otra
Elii Vela
Voy a empezar diciendo que la portada no es mucho de mi agrado, era una de las cosas por la que me costó mucho decidirme a abrirlo; no me gusta la portada original tampoco, pero sí la francesa. Después de haber leído el libro y viendo la portada pues sí, esa llave se trae un misterio que me me intriga mucho...

Gwendolyn es una adolescente -y mi enorme agradecimiento a la autora por haberla descrito como tal (luego hallamos unas que pecan de tontas, que bueno...)-, que le encanta ver películas, es
Gackelchen
This book got it all.
It s funny, it s making you angry, its making you puzzling.
The lovestory (all of them) are clean and making your heartbeat going faster within 2 phrases.

A lot of you guys were complaining about how childish Gwen acted sometimes. That she is like a 12 year old instead of 16.

I have an opinion about that. You may not like it and I m sorry if that is so.
Becoz of my work, I see a lot of 16 year old girls and I can remember when I used to be 16 ;)
I was childish sometimes, a
Anica
first read May 2009

When I found out about this book I knew I had to buy it. Simply because the cover is so very pretty! Plus, it is written by Kerstin Gier. You can't go wrong with that.

To be honest, I expected some kind of vampire novel regarding the cover. I am kinda glad that I was wrong. Although I wasn't very convinced that I would like the time travel part. But Kerstin Gier proved me wrong. The time travel is kinda logical, exciting and mysterious. Gwen is a very nice heroine and Gideon is
Francisca Viegas
You can also find this review at http://goaway-imreading.blogspot.pt

Ruby Red was a really nice surprise. I have always been fascinated by the concept of time-travelling, but I had never read a book in which it was the main issue. This book has it all - history, science-fiction, witty and funny dialogue, intriguing characters and even a little bit of fantasy.
I was a tiny bit disappointed that this was such a small book. It felt a little like an introduction to the actual story. When I was so exci
Edel

Before I delve into this review I first want to point something out - I should NEVER have picked up this book. Why you may ask? Well, because this does not even remotely sound like a book I would enjoy. The blurb alone would be evidence enough of that, two particular sentences stand out the most:

"can spend her time hanging out with her best friend, Lesley, watching movies and talking about boys."

Oh and it gets worse...

"He's obnoxious, a know-it-all, and possibly the best-looking guy she's seen i
Susan
My mind is literally blown at this moment. All I am really capable of doing is gaping at the computer screen and desperately wishing the sequel, SAPPHIRE BLUE, was available now. Or that my German skills were better so I could tackle book 2 in its original form.

This book is SO. GOOD. Buy it--don't even wait to read this review. Just run to the nearest store or library and start reading.

First of all, Gwyneth is one of the most likable heroines ever. Yes, truly. Ever. She's hilarious, brave, cleve
Annabeth Stone
it was a generally good book. At some parts though the main character (Gwyneth), for lack of words, acts fake. The dialogue between her and her best friend are also at times fake sounding but other than that it was very good. There was action in both the present day and the past and there was a good budding relationship between Gwyneth and Gideon. I would recommend it.
AriaTheBookNerd
I could not... finish this one. I tried. For weeks i've tried to get into the story which is why I didn't add any other books on my currently reading, but I could not finish it.

At first I thought it was okay, but as the story goes, it gets boring. Too many wasted scenes. Too many wasted pages. The main character, Gwen, just keeps on wasting time. She didn't want to tell anyone that she feels she's the time travelling person and not her cousin. Twice she had the chance to tell someone. She didn'
Kristi
Ruby Red is an international bestseller, I've had many of my German friends/readers telling me that this book was coming to the US and that I HAD to read it! Thanks to all of you that emailed me about this book! You were right! It's fantastic!

I haven't read a book that's been translated before... that I can think of anyway, but I didn't notice anything in particular that would have made me think that. It was written really well and translated very well! This novel is part of a trilogy and I must
Fenia
This book is sooo good!! It just flew by!!! I read it in a day!!! :O I love the book as a book (such a beautiful cover) i loved that it has to do with time-travel (Doctor Who,where are you??) I loved that you could only go back in time,since that's the time that i love most,Victorian age,Downton Abbey age,Shakespeare Age..the good stuff!!! Gwenyth was such a great character!! I related so much with her!! I too,have an immense obsession for movies,i have a best friend like Lesey and i often think ...more
Regan
What a fun read!
Allison
Ruby Red is the first in a YA time travel trilogy that is really more of a contemporary paranormal set in London, and otherwise similar to other YA paranormals in tone (high school, parents/family, mean girl, quirky best friend, etc.).

It's also very short - only 200 pages - so it really just felt like a setup. I was frustrated at the end, realizing I'd just read an introduction and would have to read the next book to get anywhere with it. But I decided to continue on since this one was so short
thebookbitch
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO FREAKING MUCH.

I need more.

MORE?!

Yes, sir. More.
Carla *Jen7waters*
For some reason I didn't think I was going to like this book, and, honestly, I wasn't even planning on reading it--I think it came out around the time I was totally fed up with books featuring girls in gorgeous dresses on the cover, that ended up being not so enjoyable readings--but then there was a read-along and I didn't resist, and guess what? I liked it a lot! I love when books surprise me like this.

The main reason I enjoyed this book so much was the heroine, Gwen, she's such a sweetheart, c
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
I was pretty blown away by 'Ruby Red'. I had heard this series was amazing, and I knew it had to be popular for it to be translated to English, but I was still amazed by it. The thing is, I'm not exactly sure why. Part of it is the clever writing. I'm not sure how much of that is the author (a lot of it obviously) and how much is the translator. Especially with the dialogue relating to the chronograph and the Guardians, I know that would have been tougher to translate, and it seems that Anthea B ...more
Ecmel Soylu
Ya ben çok sevdim bunu*-*
Aşırı kolay okunan tatlış, komik ve eğlenceli bi kitaptı. Kafa dağıtmaya birebir bence *-*
Jeannette Nikolova
FAN-TAS-TIC!

I really get angry with myself when I finally get around to a book I've had for years, to find out that it's brilliant and I should have read it way earlier. This is the perfect example. Ruby Red is a great read. It is for a younger audience than me, I admit, but who cares?! I loved it!

If I'd read this when it came out, maybe I could have saved myself from the terrible influence of the likes of Twilight... sadly, I didn't.
The writing is lovely, easy, fun and interesting. It's not h
Ana
2015 Reading Challenge 14/50 "A book that was originally written in a different language"

This was so short!! And so good at the same time!
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
4.5/5 stars!! Probably will do a series review of this one :)
Patricia Carstairs
description
Tengo que ser sincera, realmente no esperé que me gustará tanto, no sé, tenía mis dudas con eso de los viajeros del tiempo, aparte que la portada y el nombre no me llamaban mucho... ¡me callaron la boca! Me enganché un montón con la historia, y bueno, amé por completo a Gwen y a Gideon (éste hombre debe de ser un Herondale) por no hablar de los demás personajes como Leslie y James... (no cuentan Charlotte y la tía Glenda -.-')
Ya quiero leer Zafiro, sin duda necesito saber más sobre Paul y Lucy
Ruby Red in German 1 10 Apr 13, 2015 08:52AM
Read-along: Romance Paranormal | Rubi 173 54 Apr 13, 2015 08:17AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Ruby Red 6 35 Apr 08, 2015 01:00PM
GeekChat Book Club: The Official Discussion for "Ruby Red" 1 1 Apr 03, 2015 01:42PM
Young Adult Conte...: Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier starting 3-29-2015 8 8 Mar 30, 2015 06:23PM
Does anyone know where to watch the movie in english subs? 5 1177 Feb 12, 2015 10:34AM
  • Arcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2)
  • Der Kuss des Kjer
  • Faunblut
  • Erebos
  • Türkisgrüner Winter (Kirschroter Sommer, #2)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • The Traitor in the Tunnel
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Isola
  • Das Spiel (Das Tal Season 1, #1)
  • Princess of the Silver Woods (Princess, #3)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)
  • Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Wrapped (Wrapped, #1)
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

More about Kerstin Gier...

The Ruby Red Trilogy (3 books)
  • Saphirblau (Edelstein Trilogie, #2)
  • Smaragdgrün (Edelstein Trilogie, #3)
Saphirblau (Edelstein Trilogie, #2) Smaragdgrün (Edelstein Trilogie, #3) Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1) Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume (Silber, #2) Für jede Lösung ein Problem

2 trivia questions
4 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You were talking to that niche in the wall again, Gwyneth. I saw you."

"Yes, but it's my favorite bit of wall, Gordon. I'd hurt its feelings if I didn't stop and talk to it.”
417 likes
“If we were in a film, the villain would turn out to be the least-expected person. But as we aren’t in a film, I’d go for the character who tried to strangle you.” 358 likes