Start by marking “Seriously Dangerous: Poems” as Want to Read:
Seriously Dangerous: Poems

Seriously Dangerous: Poems

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published September 14th 2011 by Main Street Rag (first published May 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Seriously Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seriously Dangerous

Pris Campbell
Helen Losse brings the power of nature right to your doorstep in her latest book, Seriously Dangerous, even if you live in the city. Reading these poems I was carried back to the woodlands and streams of my childhood in a small town in South Carolina where woods, streams, and pastures were part of the landscape of who you were.

In her poem, Spin, Spin, Spin, she says:

and we have lost the faith of the daisies.
Sweet hickory smoke floats like violets-
or maybe violence on the wind '

In Where Light is
Helen Losse
Apr 30, 2011 Helen Losse rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
In Seriously Dangerous, a violent undercurrent lurks—always ready to strike—beneath nature’s raw, God-fearing beauty. Or is it the other way around? Maybe beauty truly is the truth that awaits us and will come forth when we least expect it. Maybe hope is hiding behind our dark, violent culture. Maybe a stern warning will change us this time. Our past and our present are seriously dangerous. We must face this fact, if we want to become whole.
Addy
In “The Danger of Pretense,” the opening salvo to SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS, a marvelous book of poems, Helen Losse asks "Where is the Mercy?" This sense of questioning permeates throughout her deftly crafted, spirit-filled poems. From musings on the unexpected events of life in poems such as “Just Saying,” to reminiscences of love in “It Should Be Obvious” and “In Retrospect,” Losse leads us in a search for salvation in daily life, turning the commonplace into sources of inspiration and wonder. While ...more
Mary Moore
Mar 01, 2012 Mary Moore marked it as to-read
Congratulations to Helen Losse! SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS is on the long-list for a SIBA Book Award. This has been on my to-read list - now must find a copy soon!
Aawaiz Ali
Aawaiz Ali marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Amanda McGilbra
Amanda McGilbra marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2012
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2011
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2011
Rosalyn Marhatta
Rosalyn Marhatta marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2011
Helen Losse is a Winston-Salem poet, the author of two full length books, Seriously Dangerous (Main Street Rag, 2011) and Better With Friends (Rank Stranger Press, 2009) and two chapbooks, Gathering the Broken Pieces and Paper Snowflakes. Her recent poetry publications and acceptances include Main Street Rag, Iodine Poetry Review, Blue Fifth Review, The Pedestal Magazine, ken*again, Referential, a ...more
More about Helen Losse...
Better with Friends Facing a Lonely West Vox Poetica Inspirations: Images & Words Collection 3: Fall 2011