Start by marking “The Body Dwellers” as Want to Read:
The Body Dwellers

The Body Dwellers

In a world divided by genetics and a concrete wall, Indeara Adair, a mutant enforcer survives by kicking the occasional gnome ass. A job her half-human, half-mutant cells make her terrifyingly skilled at. Life is good with a few exceptions, namely, an elite force of cops who have Indeara in their sights, not to mention the reappearance of Quinn Daniels, a man who betrayed ...more
Paperback, First, 230 pages
Published April 13th 2011 by Solstice Publishing (first published February 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Body Dwellers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Body Dwellers

Ross
May 31, 2011 Ross rated it really liked it
An intense science fiction mystery, the story is set on an alternate Earth. In this world humanity has fractured: Normal humans live ordinary, comfortable lives while, behind a wall, guarded by corporations, mutants struggle daily just to survive.

Indeara, an orphaned mutant, finds herself in the middle of the conflict, her extended, human family on one side, the mutants she loves on the other.

While some of Ms. Kazimer's (the author's) characters (her villains, specifically) read a bit one dimens
MB
May 09, 2011 MB rated it really liked it
Sassy! What can I say about a book that made me want to run out and buy a pair of pink combat boots? Her depiction of the future and the mutants among us will make you laugh. And make you think. And then make you root for the mutants!

Can't wait to read more from this author!
Cathrina Constantine
Julie Kazimer is a prolific and gifted author who knows how to keep the reader on the edge. In The Body Dwellers, Julie takes us on a wild, fast paced rollercoaster ride. You barely have time to inhale before the protagonist, Indeara, who is half-mutant, five-foot-six, dressed in a skullcap, black cargo pants, and pink combat boots kicks some butt. A Stannum is a term Indeara hates, it's a genetic mutation of metals which protects her cells and heals like lightning, however, she feels pain like ...more
DeAnna Knippling
May 24, 2011 DeAnna Knippling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Body dwellers are a magical creature that can take another person's skin and wear it. Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard to guess that this is a book about who, exactly, is inside a particular skin.

The style is fun, the writing is fast and fun, the character is a strong female character who's actually strong and "strong" as in having an actual personality that affects the plotting in the book.

Loyalties shift; people (of course) aren't who you thought they were; it's an uphill battle for complex
Nana Prah
Nov 04, 2013 Nana Prah rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It made me laugh, get angry, a little sad, excited, but most of all it made me think throughout the book. I enjoyed trying to figure out what would happen. Ms. Kazimer had me pretty stumped. Just when I thought I had figured it out, she twisted it up on me.

Indeara was awesome. She reminded me of a mutant Stephanie Plum, except not only did she have luck on her side, but Indeara could fight, shoot a gun with accuracy, and use explosives without burning her eyebrows off. Plus sh
Sandy Grissett
Jul 08, 2014 Sandy Grissett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I was shocked when I started reading the book. There are body dwellers, Gnomes, Cyclops, Fairies, then you have the resistance, etc. The main character in the book is Indeara, when injured she slowly heals. She and Quinn were lovers before he shot her 3 times in the chest. There is some humour and allot of action. She meets her father, Arthur, and goes to visit him when she hears that he is dying. Her father is trying to kill all of the mutants with a vaccine and she needs to set out to
Melissa
May 21, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. This book did not let up. I loved it. The characters were well developed. The plot and storyline kept me well “into” the book. The pace never let me out. This book was such a joy to read, with it complex originality. I would love to see what happens next! I total recommend!

J. A. Kazimer - Book Review, Author Interview, Book Giveaway at Were Vamps Romance:
Ellie
Ellie rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Jessica Penot
Jessica Penot rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Susie
Susie rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Daniel Staniforth
Daniel Staniforth rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2011
Patti
Patti rated it it was ok
May 12, 2015
J.A. Kazimer
Apr 02, 2011 J.A. Kazimer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Belcastro
Sharon Belcastro rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2011
J.A. Kazimer
May 24, 2011 J.A. Kazimer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heidi Clark-Ladd
Heidi Clark-Ladd rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
J.A. Kazimer
Apr 11, 2011 J.A. Kazimer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
S.V. Farnsworth
S.V. Farnsworth rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
Riac1101
Riac1101 rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Shadow
Shadow rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Mariam
Mariam rated it liked it
May 23, 2011
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2011
Ashley Barnard
Ashley Barnard marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2011
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Vickie
Vickie marked it as to-read
Valentina
Valentina marked it as to-read
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Lorian Jones
Lorian Jones marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Noir
Noir marked it as to-read
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2011
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2011
Marcelle Cole
Marcelle Cole marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2011
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2011
Elizabetha
Elizabetha marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2011
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2011
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Monica Maybe
Monica Maybe marked it as to-read
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
BlackRoze Tamibates
BlackRoze Tamibates marked it as to-read
May 01, 2011
simplytinahere
simplytinahere marked it as to-read
May 06, 2011
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
May 07, 2011
Laima
Laima marked it as to-read
May 09, 2011
Diane Vinesett
Diane Vinesett marked it as to-read
May 10, 2011
J.A. Kazimer is a writer living in Denver, CO.

When she isn't looking for the perfect place to hide the bodies, she spends her time surrounded by cats with attitude and a little puppy named Killer. Other hobbies include murdering houseplants.

After years of slacking, she received a master's degree in forensic psychology, which she promptly ignored and started writing novels.

In addition to studying
More about J.A. Kazimer...