Start by marking “Fantasy Lover - Kekasih Impian” as Want to Read:
Fantasy Lover - Kekasih Impian

Fantasy Lover - Kekasih Impian (Dark-Hunterverse #1)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  73,313 Ratings  ·  3,018 Reviews
Grace Alexander, seorang terapis seks, memiliki trauma masa lalu yang terus menghantuinya sehingga ia selalu berusaha untuk tidak memiliki hubungan khusus dengan laki-laki.

Julian of Macedon, seorang jenderal Sparta, dikutuk menjadi budak cinta yang terkurung di dalam buku selama dua ribu tahun, sampai akhirnya ia dipanggil oleh Grace. Julian yang dikutuk untuk menyenangkan
Published April 28th 2011 by Dastan Books (first published February 18th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fantasy Lover - Kekasih Impian, please sign up.

Megan Hansen She writes them through 4 different series, here is the recommended order to read them all in. http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/wp-con...
Britney You read it through the site where you buy it. I get mine through amazon and it sends it to my iPad/kindle to read.

Mel
I couldn't wait to finish this book... but for all the wrong reasons. Even a 2 star rating seems generous.

Back in 2002, when this book first came out, it was probably fresh and exciting. But from then on a lot has evolved in UF/PNR-land and I think I've been 'spoiled' with good quality writing.

The writing was extremely simplistic, repetitive and annoying. The POV changing wasn't done well at all. The story was (I know: even for a PNR about a 2000 year old Spartan demi God) totally unrealistic.
Beth F.
Nov 06, 2008 Beth F. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who doesn't feel the need to take romance novels seriously
With a title like “Fantasy Lover” I was not expecting this book to be so riotously funny! Gorgeous man, yes. Sexual tension, for sure. Hot sex, hell yeah. But comedy? Who knew?!? HAHA! I’m on the verge of busting out into one of those snorting, wheezing laughs that makes your cheeks hurt just remembering the hilarious heinosity (I realize that isn’t a real word) that filled the pages of this book.

Him
Julian of Macedon is an ancient warrior of the Macedonian variety (hence the name “Julian of Mace
Exina
"So, what’s your style preference?"
"For what I have in mind, nudity works best."

Fantasy Lover is an amazing prequel to the Dark-Hunter series, based on Greek Mythology, the love story of Julian and Grace.

Julian, who was the most feared Macedonian general of his time, was betrayed and cursed to be a love slave for all time. Grace is the only one who is able to break this curse.

Grace is always rational, maybe too rational: she tries to find sense even in lust.
She couldn’t very well let him joi
Julianna
Fantasy Lover is the first full-length novel by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I have read, and I absolutely loved it. It was packed with thoroughly romantic moments and beautiful sensuality that was sheer perfection for me, and that was even without the hero and heroine actually having sex until the very end of the book. I consider myself to be a very girly girl, and I find that Ms. Kenyon's writing style has a very feminine quality that is very appealing to me. I like the balance that she finds between ...more
Beatriz
Sep 06, 2015 Beatriz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro romántico hasta la médula, con una muy buena dosis de erotismo. Es una novela livianita, pero muy, muy entretenida. Debo reconocer que me la devoré.

Al principio, la utilización de la mitología griega para sustentar la parte fantástica se hace un poco absurda (probablemente es así hasta el final), pero la historia se va poniendo tan entretenida, que hasta eso se perdona.
Pam
3.75 wishful stars
Blessed by Aphrodite’s divine touch, he grew into such a man that no woman could deny him her body. For when it came to the Art of Love, he knew no equal— his stamina far beyond that of any mere mortal man. His desires hot and wild, he could never be tamed. Or denied.

Fantasy Lover is the first book in the Dark Hunter series, a delicious paranormal take on the genie in the lamp, except instead of rubbing the lamp you make a birthday wish, substitute a Greek love-slave for th

This was an okay paranormal romance, but it dragged a bit.

Grace was a woman who didn’t have much experience with men, but knew that she didn’t need one, no matter what her best friend told her. I liked that she didn’t immediately drag Julian to bed when he showed up, even though she was attracted to him.

The storyline in this centred on Julian trying to break his curse, and Julian and Grace slowly falling in love. That being said, although they spent time together, it still seemed like one moment
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Well, this is the first book from the Dark Hunter series, and I have to say there wasn't any dark-hunting in this one XD As is with all the first books, we get to see the introduction in this whole new world the author created (Greek gods! I mean - YUMMY!) I was always fascinated with mithology, and this one is right up my alley :)

Julian is a half-god, cursed in a book to be a love-slave through eternity. He is immortal, and has been cursed for two thousand years (!!!). One night, Grace and her
Vilda
Re-read: March 13-15, 2013
First read: February 10-11, 2011

Oh boy, I think I might have loved this one even more the second time! I had to raise it from a 4 to 5, which says something as a re-read. Gosh, I'd forgotten how much I love these two. I absolutely adore this series and can't recommend it enough! Lovelovelove.

It definitely was exactly what I needed after struggling some with my past reads this month! I really doubt it'll be the last time I re-read this or any other book of the series. I
Jilly
The best part of this book? Grace's dinner: Four pieces of pizza, two Hostess cupcakes, and four glasses of wine. Now, that's something I can relate to. Conjuring a Greek-god sex slave that finds the normal, slightly chubby Grace irresistible? Not so much.

Considering how much this guy has been around....

Anything Greek mythology related and I usually love it. There was a little bit of mythology, along with some Roman and Greek history. *But*, there was mostly a romance that included a lot of "hea
Jen
The only way this book is even remotely tolerable is to read it aloud with a friend so that you can truly appreciate the ridiculousness of it. It is repetitive, stupid, and horribly written. I can't believe this woman is being published, and is a best-selling author on the NYTimes list. It's kind of scary. This books also takes the prize for being the worst book I've ever read in my life, and that includes that ones I read during my 8th grade romance novel phase.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
What a great book. Definitely an A+. Sherrilyn just has a gift for making characters that you shed tears for and fall in love with. Julian really touched my heart and I felt for him in his pain. SK also has a great way with telling ancient history so that you're riveted. I admit I'm a history buff anyway, but she just brings it to light in a vivid and interesting way. And she seems fairly accurate in a way that Xena and Hercules aren't always. Her books make me want to go out and buy a book on a ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Fantasy Lover is the 1st book in The Entire Dark-Hunterverse Series and whilst it was not one of my favorites, I did enjoy reading it.

One of the things I liked about it was the main character, Julian –son of a legendary Spartan general becoming commander of the Macedonian army.
 photo f3eb57fe198458799ce502bc667ec223_zps3y3hmnus.jpg
Betrayed and angering the Greek gods, he was cursed for all eternity, trapped inside a book and released once a month to be used as a sex slave by whoever opened the said book.

Now, that doesn’t sound too bad!!!! To be u
Buggy
Opening Line: "Honey, you need to get laid."

This was my first Sherrilyn Kenyon book and honestly it was a struggle to get through. All I could think was what am I missing? I mean the Dark Hunter series is SO popular there must be something wrong with me because this, well this was a grind.

Fantasy Lover has its moments, the premise is unique and intriguing; an ex Spartan general cursed to spend eternity as a love slave trapped inside a book. He’s released every so often to be the sexual playthin
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
WOW I love love love it!!!! Great book I would give it more than 5 stars I cant wait to read the rest of the series
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Maria Clara
Pues la verdad no sé qué decir... La historia está bien, me ha gustado, pero hasta ahí; no hay más tras cerrar el libro. Supongo que leeré alguno más, a ver si soy capaz de enamorarme de esta serie. :)
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
23/8/2016
Yeap... I'll re-read the whole series!!

***********************************************

Dark Hunter is a very loved series for me. Being Greek  I grew up with the legends and myths the series is based on and that just makes the series extra special.

Growing up I had this set of books(eight of them) that were the re-telling of Greek Mythology written in simple words and illustrated for children. I loved those books. Since kindergarden my mother would read them to me every night. I remember
Stacia (the 2010 club)
This is going to be a comprehensive review for my thoughts on the 13 books and novellas that I've read in the series up to this point, so this review could be on the long side. Since I spent the past couple of weeks plowing through several of these books, I wanted to get some of my thoughts down on the series as a whole (so far) instead of writing out long reviews for each book, especially since many of my thoughts overlap from book-to-book. I might get up some mini-reviews/notes on the other bo ...more
Valerie
Aug 13, 2008 Valerie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Fantasy Lover is a book rooted solidly in ancient Greek history. I quote:

Blessed by Aphrodite's divine touch, he [Julian of Macedon:] grew into such a man that no woman could deny him her body. For when it came to the Art of Love, he knew no equal -- his stamina far beyond that of any mere mortal man. His desires hot and wild, he could never be tamed.

Who knew mythology could be so hot interesting? I especially appreciated the capitalization used for emphasis in "the Art of Love". That's when I k
Arlene
One moment while I confirm my blush in the mirror…. Yup… I’m still crimson after reading this book. Holy Greek GAWDS this book was steamy, but definitely a helluva lot of fun to read. :D I loved the two main characters Julian and Grace. Their dialog, their interactions with each other, their moments… wow!! All very squee-worthy and exciting.

Fantasy Lover is definitely not my normal read, but every now and then, I enjoy putting some spice into the mix and this book definitely delivered. It’s fast
Marulett
OH MY GOSHH!!!! Thanks to Aly, Ive found a new series to obsess about :)

I was hooked to this story right from the start, I thought the story was going to be SUPER cheesy with all the guy steps out of a book and ends up falling for the girl...but NO, its not cheesy AT ALL.

Grace is one of my fave heroines from this point on...and Julian, oh my...he is to die for!!!!

Im in love with this series, and I hope this level of epicness goes on and on!!

Carmen
Feb 01, 2014 Carmen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
I read this because after reading The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter, everyone told me that her book was a pale imitation of this one.

Not so.

While I found Showalter's novel to be silly, funny, and sweet, this one seemed dark, sad, and clichéd. (All romance novels are clichéd...but this one was worse than normal, IMO).

I expect one or two problems in the novels - personal problems that the characters have - that will be solved by love and good sex. However, instead of presenting me with a manage
Dina
This was my first book by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I've read (and liked) some of the books she wrote under the name Kinley MacGregor, but I didn't know if I could use them as a reference because authors who change their pen names usually do it to establish different writing styles. Anyway, this couldn't be "bad" because, WTH, it's still the same person writing the books, right?

Well... I liked this book but didn't love it. I had some laughs - which weren't always from laughing with the story, but from l
MissCherry
Lo que era una lectura y luego se convirtió en una relectura. Es un libro entretenido y divertido, sin mucho más. Puede que siga la saga aunque no me he quedado con ansias de más.
Garden of Eden
Oct 23, 2016 Garden of Eden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 photo B3183C08-8D5A-40D2-8CAA-2357504660E0_zpszgmmpmd7.gif

If you have interest on Greek mythology & love story in it, this book is quite ok. I do enjoy some parts. Can read as standalone I supposed. Every books has different main characters but connected (some) somehow.

P/s: OMG! Considering how Julian treat Grace, how can you not love the guy, Penelope? Well, that's your lost. What's done is done. Let the one who knows how to appreciate have him.
Anastasia
Un cliché bien hecho. Un libro excelente para descansar de lecturas largas. El final un poco apresurado pero bueno, me he conformado con eso. Leer sobre la mitología griega en una versión explícita después de Percy Jackson...no lo negaré... me sentí rara xD.
¡No puedo esperar a seguir con los libros de Sherrilyn!

description
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
really enjoyed this one, excited to start the dark hunter series!
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
Okay, I just discovered I had this on my TBR list, but I had already read it years ago. Ha. So I am rating it based on how I remembered it. At the time, I thought this was a fun, sexy romance. Who knows what I would think now. If you are new to paranormal romance, I can almost guarantee you will like this. If you've read tons of it already, you're not going to get anything new here.

I liked the premise at the time and the main guy was hot. I am pretty sure he was your typical alpha. If you like K
온라인카지노ఱ__BSS25。CoM__జf1카지노 1 1 Feb 17, 2017 08:00AM
라이브바카라ఱ__BSS25。CoM__జf1카지노 1 1 Feb 17, 2017 07:59AM
PNR/UF Addicts & ...: December 2015 Adult BOTM: Fantasy Lover 10 82 Jan 15, 2016 08:19PM
What's The Name o...: Help I can't remember the name of this book! [s] 6 94 Dec 11, 2014 03:19PM
Recommendations? 9 101 Apr 02, 2014 08:46AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dark Demon (Dark, #16)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunterverse (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)

“You know, I would date, if I could find a man worth shaving my legs for. (Grace)” 491 likes
“Cupid, you worthless bastard, I summon you to human form! (Julian)
Gee, I can't imagine why he wouldn't respond to that. (Grace)”
324 likes