Start by marking “Legend of Kawilara, Part 1: Fire” as Want to Read:
Legend of Kawilara, Part 1: Fire

Legend of Kawilara, Part 1: Fire (Spellbound #1)

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Never again: those were the two words every innocent witch waited to hear after the nefarious Black Guards took over the country of Nevermore, savagely hunting and torturing witches for 35 years. Twenty year old Janey Black never thought they would rip through the little village of Tia Justace, but they did just that.

Legend of Kawilara is an adult fiction novel that explor
ebook, first, 268 pages
Published 2011 by Lavinia Thompson

To ask other readers questions about Legend of Kawilara, Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend of Kawilara, Part 1

Sapphyria
The synopsis from Goodreads and from the author's website sum this book up most excellently.

Janey is a 20-year-old living her life in fear of the witch hunters that have taken over the land. She has lost many loves ones to hands of the Black Guards who torture, rape, and kill women who are accused of witchcraft; good or bad. She witnesses and endures treatment that no one should ever have to but still goes on today - domestic abuse - abuse by the hand of a loved one - assault by strangers - des
Maghon Thomas
Ok, so first I gotta give my shout out thanks to the author and books4tomorrow for giving me a copy to read for reviews. At first, because of the quite tragic, and violent beginning, I was a little worried about liking it. The character backgrounds and setting are well described and this whole book is very well worded and explained. It's about witches and the horrible mad men who hunt them, literally for pleasure!

I can honestly say, now that I'm done, I loved this book, even if I cringed, and c
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie.
Dan Trivates
No one should ever have to endure what these women suffer. Lavinia takes us on a trip into another world, where horrors, not unlike those which occurred during the Spanish Inquisition, are an integral part of life.

There was a time when otherwise good people were treated like this. Perhaps they were into witchcraft, perhaps they were not. Does it matter? No.

The methods used to extort confessions from women in those times were identical to (or worse than) those portrayed in this tome. Therefore,
Holly
Legend of Kawilara Part 1, is a captivating novel! A story about a young girl who, despite devastation and oppression, still fights to end the cycle of abuse. Not only her life, but in the lives of countless woman and children.
The story is told in a poetic and beautifully descriptive way, it really transports the reader into the story. Does have mature violence scenes and language. To be expected in a story that is meant to open people's eyes to what woman have, and still go through, with abuse.
Linda Heft
Linda Heft marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Katie
Katie added it
Apr 12, 2012
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond) marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Charlotte Phillips
Charlotte Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2012
AriatheNerd
AriatheNerd marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012
Maghon Thomas
Maghon Thomas marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2011
Michelle Fita
Michelle Fita marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2011
Kelly/yllektra
Kelly/yllektra marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2011
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Annabelle Marie Veronica marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2011
Misty Blankenship
Misty Blankenship marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2011
Cynthia Armistead
Cynthia Armistead marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2011
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2011
Katryne
Katryne marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2011
Megg Jensen
Megg Jensen marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2011
Lavinia Thompson
Apr 17, 2011 Lavinia Thompson added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Creative Reviews: Seeking dark fantasy reviewers 10 23 Jan 07, 2012 01:12PM
Q&A with Lavi...: About the "Spellbound Series" 1 3 Oct 08, 2011 10:01PM
I am a 23 year-old hippie who is just discovering what life really is. My heart is entrenched in novel writing. I am pursuing a dream of being a full-time novelist. It’s the beginning of a journey that I have always dreamed of. I have risen from a dark childhood of domestic violence. I faced that monster in my closet and am now writing about it. I watched my mother be tortured for almost ten years ...more
More about Lavinia Thompson...

Spellbound (2 books)
  • Legend of Kawilara, Part 2: Swords
She Wasn't Allowed to Giggle Legend of Kawilara Part I: Fire Wildflowers Scattered, Estranged: Memoirs of a Small Town Girl Travis Just a Canadian Girl