Start by marking “Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope” as Want to Read:
Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Oscar-nominated filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, TV producer and cult hero Joss Whedon, comic book legend Stan Lee, online film guru and Ain't It Cool News founder Harry Knowles, and producer Thomas Tull (Legendary Pictures) have produced a documentary spurred by the ever-growing influence Comic-Con has over comics, film, television, and pop culture as a whole. The feature-lengt ...more
Published July 4th 2011 by DK

To ask other readers questions about Comic-Con Episode IV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comic-Con Episode IV

Jani
Aug 11, 2012 Jani rated it really liked it
It's no secret that one of my biggest dreams is to some day visit San Diego Comic-Con. I know I'm not alone with my dream ... in fact most geeks living outside US and many in US too dream of it.

This book was like fulfilling that dream a little. I know that it was all about positive things of Comic-Con and didn't tell about crazy lines and such ... but anyhow it made me feel that Comic-Con would be the ultimate place to feel like home and being among my people. I'm sure that the day will come tha
Robin
Jan 04, 2016 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2016list
This is a fascinating book with photos of fans, creators and actors who all appeared at San Diego Comic Con in 2010.
Brie
Oct 14, 2012 Brie rated it really liked it
The photography in this book is great. It captures people who attend and cosplayers so well. I have been to Comic Con numerous times and my main complaint of the book is it is lacking on actual reading material. The quotes are great but they don't really help anyone who may not be familiar with San Diego Comic Con truly understand the event. It would have been nice to have a lot more text to the book to occupancy the photos. Still, the photos are worth a look and the book helps visually give peo ...more
Amy
Sep 29, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
My favorite quote thus far in my reading: "The craziest things you see here are women dressed in very strange and revealing outfits. And you know it's from a comic book or an anime or a video game, but you can't quite place it, and all you know is that girl forgot her pants." - Morgan Webb, TV personality
C-chan
Apr 16, 2012 C-chan rated it really liked it
This book reminded me of all that is good in cons. I loved reading it. Although not a Comic-Con attendee myself, it made me more excited for my upcoming conventions.

The only thing that could have improved this book is including a few more non-fanservicey female costumes (and crossplayers).
David
Nov 23, 2011 David rated it it was ok
I see white people. On almost every page. Some of them don't really know how white they are......

Coffee table books are not my noir.

I am, however, adding taking my son to comicpalooza in houston in may, so maybe it's more like 2.5 stars.
Brian DiMattia
Jan 14, 2015 Brian DiMattia rated it liked it
A nice idea...portraits of some of the more interesting people that make fan friendly conventions entertaining. But it would have been a lot more interesting with more history, more assessment of the society and it's impact, etc.
Lori
Sep 20, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011september
There's a lot less meat here than I'd have hoped -- with any luck, it's only a tiny glimpse of what will be in Spurlock's documentary.

But it still makes me yearn for San Diego in July.
Derek
Jan 04, 2012 Derek rated it liked it
Shelves: misc
A great overview of the famous San Diego Comic-con. The pictures are the focus of this book and they are great. I was, however, hoping for a few more anecdotes...
LaShonda
Jan 04, 2013 LaShonda rated it it was amazing
small geek-gas-em. Definitely see with the movie of the same title. Watching the Mass Effect characters come alive on stage is amazing!
Megan
Aug 30, 2011 Megan rated it it was amazing
Loved all the photos and hearing how SDCC has impacted attendees. It was nice to hear from regular people and the celebs.
Babsji5
Feb 13, 2013 Babsji5 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, photography
*sigh* I so want to go to ComiCon, and this just intensifies the desire. Photos and blurbs by attendees.
Emily
Jul 15, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Great pictures and great quotes. A nifty coffee-table book that was a pleasure to flip through.
P.K. Di Tursi
Jul 18, 2011 P.K. Di Tursi rated it really liked it
Great book makes me want to go right now!!! maybe next year!
Amber
Amber added it
Apr 02, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Lara
Lara added it
Jan 25, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Richard Gombert
Richard Gombert rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2015
jim merlin
jim merlin rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Tyler
Tyler rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Becky
Becky added it
Aug 04, 2015
Benjamin Pauly
Benjamin Pauly marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Colin King
Colin King rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Edvin
Edvin marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Julian Torres
Julian Torres marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Morgan Spurlock is a Jewish-American documentary filmmaker best known for his documentary Super Size Me, in which he only ate McDonalds food for a month.

He was married to vegan chef Alex Jamieson, who wrote an diet book inspired by the Detox diet he had to take after the McDonalds experiment. The couple divorced in 2011.
More about Morgan Spurlock...