Start by marking “Street Sketchbook: Inside the Journals of International Street and Graffiti Artists” as Want to Read:
Preview

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  8 reviews
With interest in graffiti and street art at a record high, the time is ripe for the first-ever volume to reveal the working methods and private fixations of more than 60 leading international street artists through their personal sketchbooks. Artists' sketchbooks offer exclusive access into the creative processtheir dog-eared, paint-splattered, sometimes crumbling pages ha ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Street Sketchbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street Sketchbook

Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

Street Sketchbook takes a peek into the creative minds of over 60 street artists. These are not the street art you see on the walls, these are their doobles and ideas.

Each artist has a short introduction where they talk about their inspiration, how they started out and why they create art. With 60 artists, there are some pretty interesting stories, like how Elph wanted to be a bank robber in 1989 but took up graffiti instead.

On the scanned pages, we have pencil
Chelly here
this book i LOVE IT because it just defines who i wanna be when i grow up to a fantastic successful woman . so that way i can be just like my sister a successful woman who pays their own bills and rent i want to be just like that she doesn't need a man to pay any thing for her or do things for her when she can be as manly as a man to and do things the way she wants without criticism. this book has a powerful connection to me n my wonderful sister who i want to be like in the future so my sister ...more
Ryan
This is where the real art is. I open this one every few months for ideas and inspiration. The artwork by almost all of the people in this book is amazing. Truly inspired.
Athena
Really fun and inspiring book to look through! Street Sketchbook holds a diverse collection of street artists, whom all display raw, unique styles of arting.
Meghan
The cover of the copy I bought was different but I'm assuming it's the same book. Really cool stuff! Ugh... I can add art books, right?
Lindsay
One of my favorite books of all time. Must own for any illustrator. Many, many kinds of artworks.
Jillian
Gorgeous drawings... interesting information. Beautiful book to keep around for inspiration.
Jamil
i think maybe i think i like graffiti style art more than i actually do.
Mariah Butler
Mariah Butler marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Dawn Chapman
Dawn Chapman marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Jolemm
Jolemm is currently reading it
Nov 16, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Andreass Šulcs
Andreass Šulcs marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Stencil Graffiti Street Logos Street Sketchbook Graffiti Brasil Street Sketchbook Journeys