Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Street Smart Franchising” as Want to Read:
Street Smart Franchising
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Street Smart Franchising

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Experienced franchisees and franchisors tell entrepreneurs what they need to know before they buy a franchise. Second edition includes a sample copy of the entire UFOC plus 40% new and updated examples. This straight-shooting franchise guide goes beyond the ?how toOCO to teach potential franchisees what to expect when starting a franchise. Real life stories from the trench ...more
ebook, 256 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by Entrepreneur Press (first published January 1st 2006)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Street Smart Franchising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street Smart Franchising

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 41)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Erin
This book was poorly written and completely devoid of useful anecdotes. I picked up the book hoping to understand the financial requirements to become a franchisee in my chosen industry as well as the potential return on investment. It failed to provide the detailed information necessary to even begin one's quest. The authors instead deployed numerous manipulative digs masqueraded as advice. For example, the authors spent considerable time comparing the 99% of people that will ultimately choose ...more
Tami
Street Smart Franchising states that 94% of entrepreneurs that go into franchising describe themselves as successful yet only 1% of individuals who look into this enterprise will actually join a franchise. It would seem that the other 99% make emotional decisions and decide that the risk isn't worth the potential opportunity. This could probably be said about any entrepreneurial venture which is probably why most people keep working in jobs that they despise.

Street Smart Franchising is written
...more
Sara
I work in Franchise Sales, and this is a book that we provide to prospective franchisees as they work through the franchise process.

The content is excellent for someone who is on the fence about if they want to be an enterpreneur - it doesn't pull any punches talking about the risks involved, and that you have to be the right sort of personality to be successful. It's filled with helpful checklists and advice as to how to navigate the franchise world.

The downside? This book needs a good editing.
...more
Sarika
Sarika marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Jason Radin
Jason Radin marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Dhai
Dhai marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Linda Pianelli
Linda Pianelli marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Samar
Samar marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Bob Croft
Bob Croft marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Elise HN
Elise HN marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Feras Al-hoshan
Feras Al-hoshan marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Brittany B
Brittany B marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Panharath Sokhom
Panharath Sokhom marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Re
Re is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2013
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Nicole Bellenfant
Nicole Bellenfant marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Naiden
Naiden marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
« previous 1 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
Mark Paul, senior scholar at the New America Foundation and a visiting scholar at the Institute of Governmental Studies at UC Berkeley, is a leading expert on California policy and politics, with three decades of varied experience as a journalist, policy thinker, and state official. He is the co-author, with Joe Mathews, of California Crackup: How Reform Broke the Golden State and How It Can Be Fi ...more
More about Joe Mathews...
California Crackup: How Reform Broke the Golden State and How We Can Fix It The People's Machine: Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Rise of Blockbuster Democracy Ultimate Guide to Pay-Per-Click Advertising: Join the Top 3% Capturing Sales from Search Advertising-And Outsmart 97% of the Competition The Meaning of Life Project: Designing a Life Worth Living Street Smart Franchising

Share This Book