Dearest Dorothy, Help! I've Lost Myself!  (Dearest Dorothy, #3)

Dearest Dorothy, Help! I've Lost Myself! (Dearest Dorothy #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Charlene Ann Baumbich's two heartwarming Dearest Dorothy novels have transported thousands to a little Midwestern town where the ups and downs of everyday life have charmed readers and left them clamoring for more. Of course, the character everyone has come to love is the feisty former bandleader, 87-year-old Dorothy Jean Wetstra. Now in Dearest Dorothy, Help! I've Lost My...more
Published August 31st 2004 by Penguin Books (first published January 1st 2004)

Karol
This is a consistently good series, with the kind of small town characters you can wrap your arms around. At times I felt like there wasn't a whole lot happening - and it's true that the books in this series aren't exactly action packed. However, there truly is a lot going on in the hearts and minds of the characters and the author does a great job portraying those inner thoughts and struggles. Oh - and I thank the Lord for the "Dorothys" in my life. Their memories are a blessing forever.
Janice
I like this series, the characters are sweet people, and the stories are mostly just like real life. Dorothy is about 87, I think, and lives in southern Illinois. She is very involved in her community and her church. The books are categorized as Christian fiction, and Dorothy's faith, along with her good common sense, are a gift she shares with those around her.
Margaret
Listening to these books has given me a greater insight into listening to the voice of God and seeing him in everyday events. I like this 89 year old Clarinet playing sensible woman who is a character with a great heart.
Cindy Speicher
Partonville is celebrating The Centennial Plus 30 event along with the Pumpkin Festival. Lots of interesting things surface during the run up to this weekend including the unveiling of the Core Four Covenant.
Linda
This is the third book of a series of six. I am getting ready to read the fourth and have just ordered the last two from my local library.
Shannon
Not as good as the first two. Author seems to have lost sight of the characters' personalities. Almost seems like someone else wrote it.
MommaLaura
Beautifully done. Reminiscent of the Cedar Circle books by Beverly Lahaye and Terri Blackstock.
Claudia
Fluffy Christian fiction. Heavy doses of spiritual life experiences.
Alma Garza
The story continues. I like how I know the characters from the previous book.
Liz
Wonderful installment to the series!. I can't wait to read Book4!
Karen
More adventures for Dorothy and friends, everyone's favourite nan
Alisha
cute. I listened to a colorful audio version.
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Dearest Dorothy series / book three
Michelle Nix
Can't get enough of Dorothy !!
Jill
3rd in series
Lori
Lori added it
Jul 23, 2014
Margdoug
Margdoug marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Sebrina Combs
Sebrina Combs marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Julie Giesen
Julie Giesen marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Author, Speaker, Humorist. Sixteen books under her belt (including the Dearest Dorothy series and the Snowglobe Connections series), Charlene is still going strong, finding writing more enjoyable than ever. Visit her website at www.charleneannbaumbich.com for more information."

What she is most excited about for 2012 is the release of FINDING OUR WAY HOME. She says she learned more from her charact...more
More about Charlene Ann Baumbich...
Dearest Dorothy, Are We There Yet? (Dearest Dorothy, #1) Dearest Dorothy, Slow Down, You're Wearing Us Out! (Dearest Dorothy, #2) Dearest Dorothy, Merry Everything! (Dearest Dorothy, #5) Dearest Dorothy, If Not Now, When? (Dearest Dorothy, #6) Dearest Dorothy, Who Would Have Ever Thought? (Dearest Dorothy, #4)