Start by marking “Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide” as Want to Read:
Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide

Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The first edition of "Assessing Student Learning" has become the standard reference for college faculty and administrators who are charged with the task of assessing student learning within their institutions. The second edition of this landmark book offers the same practical guidance and is designed to meet ever-increasing demands for improvement and accountability. This ...more
Published July 30th 2010 by Jossey-Bass (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Assessing Student Learning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assessing Student Learning

Jenny (Reading Envy)
This is a good overview of current practices for assessing student learning, one of the few books that focuses on higher education and remains practical in nature. I found the analyzing and communicating chapters the most useful, because I had already chosen a tool and completed the assessment part of a project.
Carrie Nepstad
This is an excellent resource. I've read and re-read the first edition many times and I have enjoyed the updates to this second edition. I'd say this is essential to have on anyone's desk who is engaged in assessment of student learning. It will save you from trying to reinvent the wheel over and over!
Delores
Read this for work as part of an assessment workshop. It is a fairly easy read and provides the basics of assessing student learning. What I liked was that it wasn't too "textbooky" but it could be because I have an interest in the topic. Great starting point for those new to the world of assessment.
Teniell
I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in assessment. Though the book is focused on classroom learning assessment, its suggestions are applicable to student affairs work as well.
Rachel
This was very helpful with my class project. While not all encompassing it helps get the brain jogging as to what needs to go into an assessment program.
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Maricar Panuelos
Maricar Panuelos marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Brianne
Brianne marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Doreen
Doreen is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2014
Destiny Quintero
Destiny Quintero marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Uzubat
Uzubat marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Arseny Khakhalin
Arseny Khakhalin marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Kevin Wright
Kevin Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Five Dimensions of Quality: A Common Sense Guide to Accreditation and Accountability Assessment to Promote Deep Learning: Insight from AAHE's 2000 and 1999 Assessment Conferences