Start by marking “Abandoned (Little Boy Lost, #2)” as Want to Read:
Abandoned (Little Boy Lost, #2)

Abandoned (Little Boy Lost #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  494 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Little Boy Lost, Book Two. Jamie is gone. Brian's secret has been revealed. Brian McAllister's story continues as he tries to cope with the loss of his best friend and soul mate amid the alienation and ridicule of his classmates. When hatred turns to violence, Brian narrows his focus to two goals: surviving and finding Jamie. Along the way he meets Adam, whose life has als ...more
Published May 16th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Abandoned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abandoned

Susan

This series is doing a number on me; it's surprisingly emotional for me and causing me to wrestle with a lot of my own questions of what I can do to help real kids finding themselves in these situations. The storyline isn't new and original...I'm sure there are 100's of other books out there about gay kids, and bullying, and bigotry, and violence...but for some reason Brian and Jamie really stick with me and have gotten under my skin.

I still am not a huge fan of the 1st person POV from Brian. It
Kaje Harper
This second book in the Little Boy Lost series is a dark story, with a lot of pain for the narrator Brian. A bit black and white, (and black, and black, and black) in the events it describes, it nonetheless is a fast and highly engrossing story that I had a hard time putting down. The end of this one is a little less of a cliff-hanger than book one. One could plausibly stop here for a bit and take a breath. But you won't want to.
Leontine
I’ve never been so much in the grip of a M/M series with young adult protags as I’ve been with the Little Boys Lost series. I’m completely enamored with the depth of storytelling J.P Barnaby possesses and the way she incorporates issues and adversity for Brian to deal with. ABADONED is very angst and tension filled due to the situation Brian finds himself in. School has become a nightmare, fear is Brian’s shadow and the constant mockery and bullying takes its toll. Even though certain situations ...more
Anita
This is a great sequel to a great first book! I was heart-broken after finshing Enlightenedand I could not wait for the sequel. The sequel Abandonedfollows Brian through his final year in high school without Jamie. His secret is now out thanks to Emma, the girl Jamie dated in the first book (he dated her to keep rumors from circulating about himself and Brian out of fear). Brian has unfortunately been given a very dangerous enemy in the form of Emma's brother. After several run-ins with the brot ...more
Snowtulip
3.5

This book chewed me up and spit me back out! So many traumatic events that happen to Brian made this difficult at times and I'm still trying to come to terms with how I feel about the ending in this book...my heart goes out to Adam. Definatley need to take some time before reading the next book.
Silkeeeeee
The Little Boy Lost series is well written and an emotional read.
Serena Yates
Abandoned is a truly amazing sequel for Enlightened. With Jamie gone, we get to see all the pain and suffering Brian goes through before making the decision whether to leave home and search for Jamie once he turns 18. The descriptions of his feelings as he suffered through several trials before the end of the book kept me on the edge of my seat. JP’s ability to capture the emotional state of a teenager and make it crystal clear every step of the way is truly amazing.

Everyone who has ever been bu
Leslie Nicoll

The is the second book in the Little Boy Lost Series, which is the story of Brian McAllister, “the boy next door.” I reviewed the first book, Enlightened, twice: first as a self-published book and then in its new incarnation with Dreamspinner. I enjoyed Enlightened a great deal and I like Abandoned, too, but I have to be honest—it’s not an easy read with a very uncertain ending and future for Brian.

The story opens about three weeks after Enlightened ends. The school year has started. Ja
Shanna
Barnaby did a wonderful job of taking the reader along with Brian's emotional journey. At the beginning of the book, like Brian, I was all for him going after Jamie but as the story evolved I became to doubt that was the best thing for Brian to do. Actually towards the end of the book I was certain that he shouldn't go after Jamie and just move on with his life. I loved the emotional journey, even though it was quite painful at times. I wanted to know what was going on with Jamie but I understan ...more
Blue Bayou .
Again, another great story. Heart wrenching and felt so real, even when you wished it didn't. Makes me angry that bashing still goes on, that ignorance and fear dictate people through violence. God loves us all, we are all perfect in his eyes. Our actions toward others is was makes us good people or bad people. Love is good, how can that be bad? I just want to hug anyone whose been hated for who they love and remind them its the love they have/give that makes them each so precious and worthwhile ...more
Diane
This is only the second book in the series and I've gone through a lot of kleenex for the first two books so far!!! But I'm okay with that because for me, it just shows how powerful the stories are! I had to take a break between the first book and this one because the first one left me pretty raw, it was such a ride. This one was just as much of an emotional roller coaster ride, but the cliff hanger this time has me on book 3 already!
I would highly, highly, recommend this series!
Loveeac
I felt physically ill reading this. Not because it's poorly written, but for the exact opposite reason.
All through the book, I wanted nothing more than to hold Brian, to protect him, and to rail at everything and everyone that he'd got against him.

What kills me more is knowing that while this is fiction, it could so very easily have been someone's true life story.
luv2reed
Gripping continuation on this series. This series has lots of great characters, major drama and emotional tension, all the things I love, love, love in a book. Book 2 has another major cliffhanger ending. I can hardly wait to read the next one but I can't find any dates when it's going to be out - I have to know what happened to Jaime argg!!!
Natalie
Very compelling series, though I'm a bit dismayed that there will be several books to go before it's resolved. I don't know how much more angst I can take; I want Brian to have a HEA now!
Michi Rosa
This book is as great as the first one, but I took a look at what the next books are about and I'm not reading any more of these series.

Too much drama ahead to my liking.
Jeff Erno
I love this series, especially book one. This second book was really difficult for me because of the forced separation. I'm looking forward to reading book 3 though.
Eviant Eviant
This was a fantastic continuation of the story. I have to say, I wanted to scream when I saw that the six-book series wouldn't be complete until the first quarter of 2012. I almost wish I hadn't discovered the series until then so I could read it all at once!

JP Barnaby does an amazing job combining the plot with the story. Often in the category of erotic romance (or just romance in general), if the sex isn't satisfying and the story isn't strong enough, I quickly lose interest. That is not the
Randy Wiggins
As with Book 1, book 2 was well written and very believable. I felt most of the characters were portrayed perfectly and the love that Brian felt for the missing Jaimie was true as were his mixed feelings for Adam.
In this time in Alabama, where the first 2 books of series take place, gay bashing is stil a very distinct possibility, especially in high schools. While most don't end up to the extremes protrayed here, some do, and some are far worse. The author handles the situation with respect fo
Nic
This is the sequel to Enlightened and continues the story of Brian, who has lost Jamie and now facing his small town knowing he is gay.

Unfortunately there are those who decide to 'punish' Brian with tragic consequences. The story follows Brian as he deals with physical recovery, fights to keep his foster parents and continues to deal with his sorrow at not knowing what has happened to Jamie.

There are some small bright lights in Brian's otherwise bleak life, (view spoiler)
Wendy Ann
It’s really pretty freaking hard to read with a waterfall of tears springing from your eyes – much less multiple times! I’m now convinced that this series is going to be my undoing. There was the sweetness of the first book which its gut-wrenching cliffhanger of an ending. And now? I just feel raw and overwhelmed from the emotional roller coaster of this book. For better or worse (please help me if that’s the case), I’m committed to finding out what happens. I’m pretty sure I’ll be singing the p ...more
Fangtasia
My friend Archie had recommended I read this series some time ago. I'd been derailed from doing so by the many other good books published recently in the genre. What can I say? I'm easily distracted.

Still, seeing that the last book came out recently and that the first was available for free, I decided to take the plunge. It has been quite an experience so far.

The first book was extremely good, the second just as much. Few writers can put emotions of this caliber into words without it becoming a
C.J. Anthony
Abandoned is the second book in the Little Boy Lost series and continues the story of Brian. With Jamie now gone, Brian is left behind to deal with the fallout and his broken heart. The best part of this book is getting to see Brian grow and mature and learn to deal with the backlash from people in his town because he is gay. And also seeing him begin to realize there are people who love him and support him. But through it all he always thinks of Jamie, he lives his life for the day he can leave ...more
jules0623
Lala
Really sad so far...can't wait for the guys to get together.
Debbie
The title of the book says it all - but after finishing the second book in this series, I wonder if the title is as much about Jamie as it is Brian.

Brian's struggles after Jamie moves away is heartbreaking, but he grows stronger in the love of his new adoptive parents and a new friend. But what has become of Jamie in California?

This is a really great series, looking forward to the third book this month.
Brandon
This book is about Brian.

After Jamie is gone, Brian is left alone and hurting. Its the start of a new school year and hell has just been unleashed. After Jamie left word got around the students of the school about Jamie and Brian. Brian is then targeted for gay bashing, Brian was beat up so bad he was in a coma for a week. Still no word from Jamie and Brian is worrying more and more as the year goes by. Brian then starts to gather a plan to go to California to find him after he turns 18.

This w
Cotilla
I'm sorry to say that the characters didn't seem alive to me. It felt like actors were reading their lines instead of acting them. I don't think the incident with child services added anything meaningful to the plot.

I won't be reading further installments of this series, at least until it's finished and I know it ends well and there aren't things I don't like.
Joy
Brian is alone. He and Jamie have been outed; Jamie's girlfriend's brother is all-to-ready to wreak revenge, and Jamie's parents have moved with him, and have institutionalized him in some ex-gay program. Can he find friends and a family when everything seems so against him? Another engaging read that is simultaneously also heartbreaking.
Kimiko Kotani
I thought I couldn't get any more emotionally invested in a series, but this book proved me wrong. J.P. Barnaby takes us on an emotional roller coaster ride as Brian continues on his journey towards adulthood while searching for his one true love. Be prepared to sit here with an entire box of tissues!
Zach Sweets
Truly a wonderful sequel to the first book. My heart aches for Brian from beginning to the end. I was kinda shock at his decision at the ending but also expected he'd chose this kind of decision. The secondary character was like able. JP wrote this book brilliantly. <3 <3
  • Trust Me
  • A Place To Run (The Making of a Man, #2)
  • End of the Innocence (Tales from Foster High, #4)
  • Something Like Winter (Something Like #2)
  • Just Hit Send
  • Play Me, I'm Yours
  • Wes and Toren
  • The Decisions We Make
  • When Love Is Not Enough (Unconditional Love, #1)
  • Talker's Graduation (Talker, #3)
  • Unintended
  • After Ben (Seattle Stories, #1)
  • The Zero Knot
  • 72 Hours
  • A Life Without You (Boston Boys, #1)
An award-winning, best-selling novelist of over a dozen books, J. P. Barnaby is a proud member of the GLBT community both online and in her small town on the outskirts of Chicago. A member of Mensa, she is often described as brilliant but troubled, sweet but introverted and talented but deviant. She spends her days writing software and her nights writing erotica which is, of course, far more inter ...more
More about J.P. Barnaby...

Little Boy Lost (6 books)
  • Enlightened (Little Boy Lost, #1)
  • Vanished (Little Boy Lost, #3)
  • Discovered (Little Boy Lost, #4)
  • Escaped (Little Boy Lost, #5)
  • Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost, #6)
Aaron (Survivor Stories #1) Enlightened (Little Boy Lost, #1) The Forbidden Room (The Forbidden Room, #1) Vanished (Little Boy Lost, #3) Spencer (Survivor Stories #3)