The Devil's Graveyard (Bourbon Kid, #3)

The Devil's Graveyard (Bourbon Kid #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  530 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Have you ever watched a TV talent show and voted to eliminate the contestants you didn't like? Joked about killing them off, even? What if someone took that joke too far...and hired the world's deadliest serial killer to do the job? The Devil's Graveyard is an area of desert where the final of the "Back From the Dead" singing competition is held, in which finalists compete...more
Published (first published 2010)

Daniel

This is the 3rd book from Anonymous, aka The Bourbon Kid. If you’ve not read any of the other books by Anonymous you’re in luck as this one is set prior to the first two books, ‘The Book With No Name’ and ‘The Eye Of The Moon’, so you can still re-read those without much being spoiled in this one.

Back to this book and it features a few of the characters from the other novels, namely Sanchez, Elvis, The Mystic Lady and of course The Bourbon Kid himself, who are all in an area known as the Devil’...more
Rueken Endegrimm
Meine Meinung: spart euch den Kauf dieses Buches und behaltet einfach den ersten Band (vielleicht auch den zweiten) in guter Erinnerung - dieser abschließende Teil jedenfalls ist lediglich Geldverschwendung. Vielleicht auch, weil die Thematik nun durchgekaut. Aber auch die Dialoge - im ersten Buch noch durchaus erheiternd - sind hier nur mehr dröge und bar allen Lebens. Ansonsten eben das bereits bekannte "Baller-dich-durch"-Szenario, das leider auch keinen Schwung in die Sache bringt. Die Besch...more
Steven Scaffardi
Have you ever wondered what would happen if X Factor met Night of the Living Dead? Me neither, but I’m sure as hell pleased that the anonymous author of The Devil’s Graveyard chose to mash these two unlikely forces together!

The third in the Bourbon Kid series (following The Book With No Name and The Eye of the Moon) takes a detour away from the vampire and werewolf infested city of Santa Mondega, and instead we are plonked bang in the middle of the Arizona desert at the Hotel Pasadena, which see...more
Zuzka
Firstly, I wonder why this book is getting such bad reviews... It is not action-packed as the previous ones; but, damn, there's a reason for this! I am sure it was Anon's intention to tell us more about the Bourbon Kid. And to make it less serious, he whips out Sanchez the dork, Elvis, Mystic Lady, Invincible Angus, and the dumb judges at the X Factor meets Pop Idol show, and yes, there is a Simon Cowel paralell o-o... And of course some hilarious moments. To be honest, this books is the funnies...more
Tanja
Raus aus Santa Mondega, der mörderischsten Stadt der Welt und hinein in die Wüste – das ist zumindest die Devise von Sanchez Garcia, dem über die Stadt für seine Feigheit hin bekannten Barmann der Tapioca-Bar. Weil Halloween so ziemlich genau der Tag ist, an dem man in Santa Mondega noch weniger sein möchte, als im Vorhof der Hölle, nutzt er in diesem Jahr die ihm gebotene Chance, eine bei einer Umfrage gewonnene Reise anzutreten – eine Reise mitten hinein ins Nirgendwo der Wüste, wo er das Hal...more
Regine
Apr 10, 2014 Regine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Zombie fans, music enthusiasts... and anyone who loves totally random events, or so it seems.
This author never fails to amuse and entertain me! I could never go wrong with this author, ever!

Devil's Graveyard, being the 3rd book, is set on events that had happened between the 1st and 2nd book of the Bourbon Kid series. However, it's still best to read it in order, after reading books 1 & 2, because it does contain some minor spoiler for book 2.

The book was really well written that it had me wishing there were more pages. The ending to it was such a blast as how this certain 'Anonymou...more
Annie
Une vraie déception ce troisième tome. Des blagues faciles et des enchaînements stupides plutôt qu'un tout cohérent. Clairement, ce livre a été publié pour les intérêts financiers de la maison d'édition. Au point de vue intérêt littéraire, c'est très faible.
Eve
Jan 09, 2010 Eve marked it as reading-next  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for this! Out in June 2010...
Charmaine
Aug 01, 2010 Charmaine rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Author
As a fan of the first 2 books, I must say I feel a bit damp from being rained on by this book. The third novel by the author known as anonymous is based in the devil's graveyard, an area of desert with hoards of the evil un dead, the devil, an x-factor mock up and the gates of Hell trembling to open up and spew it's load over the hotel Pasadena.

This is set in the past, before the 2nd book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36... the eye of the moon and features well known faves from the 1st and...more
Frankiehunter
Sorry Anonymous, but that was really not your best one...

Lets say it like that: "The book with no name" was great - bloody, funny, exciting.
"The eye of the moon" was good - very bloody, a bit funny, but interesting because you learn more about my beloved Bourbon Kid.

"The devil's graveyard" was worse - the story was lame, a bit like: oh man, we had vampires, werewolves and mummies hmm... what's next - ohh, we hadn't zombies right now, so lets try this!
Sorry, but that was not your best idea! It wa...more
Effy Weasley
Susan Mann
This is the third in the series following The Book with No Name and the Eye of the Moon. I found the pace in this book a lot slower than the previous ones and the story line a great deal tamer. There was less violence but what violence was there was much more focused on individuals rather than the indiscriminate killing found in the previous novels.
The setting was different this time although some of the characters were the same e.g. Sanchez, Elvis the Bourbon Kid. The killing was mainly the con...more
Alytha
The Devil's Graveyard is the third of the "Bourbon Kid" books by some Anonymous guy. (would be interesting to find out who he is. How many contemporary anonymous authors of fiction are there nowadays?)

It's set in the Devil's Graveyard (duh), a tiny place somewhere in a desert in North America, containing mainly a diner and a huge hotel. Every Halloween, the hotel hosts the Back from the dead contest, a competition for singers covering dead stars, where the winner gets a million dollars and a con...more
Naty
It was a good book, but I think that it wasn´t as great as the other in this series. The plot happens all in one day and it tryes to tell the stories of the characters and doesn´t focus too much on the action. Nevertheless, I think that Anonymous did a good job telling a story of the past related to the first books. I really enjoyed reading it and I hope you do as well :D
P. S.: I love Kid Bourbon, he´s such a bad-ass but he still cares for some people. He shows his feelings in a weird way and I...more
Malef
Le cimetière du diable est le troisième volume de la sage du Bourbon Kid. J'ai découvert cette série avec cet épisode par hasard au gré de fouille dans les rayons d'une librairie alors que je cherchais de nouvelles choses à me mettre sous la dent (ou sous l'oeil plus exactement).

Pour ceux qui comme moi, n'ont pas eu le plaisir (encore) de suivre les aventures du Bourbon Kid depuis le premier volet, ce n'est pas un problème, car chronologiquement l'histoire du Cimetière du Diable est antérieure a...more
LuCioLe
On ne peut pas dire que ce troisième livre soit mauvais mais je l’ai tout bonnement moins aimé que les deux premiers ! J’ai été moins tenue en haleine et j’avoue avoir eu du mal du coup à le finir et à rentrer à 100% dedans contrairement aux deux premiers. C’est dommage car il est toujours aussi bien écrit et le scénario toujours aussi bien trouvé mais j’ai trouvé qu’il manquait quelque chose qui l’aurait rendu plus passionnant ! On s’attache peut-être un peu plus à certains personnages que dans...more
Carolina
tercero de la serie bourbon kid, narra los hechos sucedidos 3 años antes del primer libro,pero no debe leerse antes que ellos( contiene muchos spoilers).
Fue entretenido, con todo lo que y me habia gustado anteriormente, es decir, sangre,violencia y muchos personajes.Sin duda lo que mas disfrute fue el volver a leer sobre algunos personajes que en la linea del tiempo actual ya estan muerto. Sin embargo este libro no aporta nada a la serie, te da cierta información adicional y une algunos hechos p...more
Jackie
This series is my guilty pleasure - mad, bad & dangerous. Probably won't win any literary awards but great fun.
X-factor meets zombie uprising! With a whole host of weird and wonderful characters including Elvis; Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and a Janis Joplin impersonator with severe tourettes, it leaves you alternately wishing some will fight their way out of the zombie horde that descend from the desert outside and praying that some will be eaten slowly and painfully, they are just that awful!

A page-turning, hilarious must-read. Sit back and enjoy the ride!
Jen Kimber
I LOVE these books. They were recommended to me by my manager. Today I finished the 3rd one and past the recommendation on
Weenie
Enjoyed this book, some laugh-out loud bits and the parallels to 'X-Factor' and Simon Cowell were funny.

Sanchez, such a low life but a funny character!

For some reason, I think I would have enjoyed it more had there been less from the Bourbon Kid's point of view - would have preferred to have kept him more mysterious.

Lots of bullets and blood, not quite as sharp as the previous two but a good read nonetheless.
Minty-chan~
During this book i encountered many intersting, likeable characters, with their weird quirks - the bourbon kid and his peculiar weakness for dorothys - jacko and his cool mysterius aura - elvis who's the king of cool...yeh i really liked this book - which actually came as a suprise since i thought it would be really mundane - rather it was full of action, gore, swearing and a dash of sexuality....
Carine
Troisième et dernier tome(?) de cette série du Bourbon Kid. Roman beaucoup moins violent que le deuxième. En fait, je l'ai même trouvé plutôt drôle! Et c'est ce pas tous les jours que se produisent sur une même scène Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Elvis Presley, Freddy Mercury, Judy Garland et bien d'autres... Au fait, mais où est passé l'Oeil de la lune? Pas un seul mot à ce sujet dans les 400+ pages?
Cheryl
I have read several other reviews that stated this book wasn't as good as it's predecessors, however as I haven't read either of them I can only comment on what I thought of this as a stand alone book and I have to say I really enjoyed it, I'm going to go and find the first two books in this series and read them because apparently they're far better than this one so I should love them.
Maria
I really wanted to give this book more than three stars however this was not possible. I've been a long time fan of the Bourbon Kid books and jumped for joy when i found out that there was a third book. I was dissapointed though as this book wasn't nearly as actionpacked or good as any of the others. Not a bad book but just didn't live up to my expectations.
France
Pas ce à quoi je m'attendais. Si j'ai trouvé le début pénible, par la suite, j'ai été conquise par l'histoire. J'ai apprécié l'humour noir de ce roman, mais pas la traduction, trop argotique française pour la nord-américaine francophone que je suis. Ça me donne alors vraiment le goût de lire ce genre de roman dans sa langue originale.
Matt
As ever the bourbon kid series never fails to be action packed, thrilling, gruesome and at times down right hilarious. The book does not however follow on from the last one which was a suprise but some of the main characters feature with the addition of some good ones too. Well worth a read only took me 5 days.
Alex Bergonzini
El más humano de la saga, donde se abre paso a un mayor desarrollo de los personajes en decrimento de la velocidad de la acción. Continua enlazando las historias y sus consecuencias y aunque el humor decrece en este libro, continua bien presente sin desmerecer su cantidad.

a por el cuarto y último!
Richard
Lacks the background of the two previous books but carries on in the same bonkers vein. I enjoyed it for what it was a good tongue in cheek horror stories. The only thing that lets this down compared to the others is the rather clunky attempt to make a social commentary about modern talent shows.
Hannah
Light hearted easy read. Fantastically ridiculous in plot. I would guess due to the underlying and also blatant cynical tone to the book that 'anon' would be Charlie brooker or Ben elton, however surely they would write better than that?!! Probably wouldn't ever recommend it to someone!
Book giveaway 1 18 Jul 07, 2010 03:07AM
  • Demonkeeper (Demonkeeper, #1)
  • Vampire's Portrait, Volume 1
  • The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun
  • Die Stille vor dem Tod (Smoky Barrett, #5)
  • Jacob
  • Amokspiel
  • The Fear Institute (Johannes Cabal, #3)
  • The Whispering Road
  • Counter Clockwise
  • The Cain Saga, Volume 2: The Sound of a Boy Hatching
  • Canned
  • The Leap
  • Nevermore (Edgar Allan Poe Mystery #1)
  • Der Geschmack von Apfelkernen
  • The Domino Men (Domino Men, #2)
  • The Traveler
  • Hummeldumm
  • Another, Vol. 01
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Bhagavad Gita