Start by marking “Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory (Based on the Characters Created by Margaret and H.A. Rey)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Curious George Goes to...

Margret Rey

Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory (Curious George New Adventures)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,117 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
George's curiosity causes a problem at the chocolate factory, but his quick thinking and speedy action on the assembly line help save the candies.
Published October 26th 1998 by Turtleback Books (first published October 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory

Sarah Wiwchar
Jan 09, 2017 Sarah Wiwchar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-kids
Read with kindergarten. They fricken love Curious George and I just don't even understand it but whatever that's great.
Ame
"He saved our chocolates!"

No he didn't. He contaminated your factory chocolates with his monkey fur. Don't you dare think about selling those! He also screwed up your machine, making it go haywire in the first place!

This just in: Area mother does not have much of a sense of humor when it comes to ruined chocolate.
Judy Lindow
This is NOT one of the seven original tales of Curious George, which were: Curious George, Curious George Gets a Medal, Curious George Flies a Kite, Curious George Rides a Bike, Curious George Goes to the Hospital, Curious George Takes a Job, and Curious George Learns the Alphabet.

It is however about "chocolates" - which everyone loves - and the Curious George brand is effectively translated. The illustrations, the type, and the characters match the originals. So in the 1998 story we still see
Amory Blaine
Curious George recreates an I Love Lucy episode, speeding up a chocolate candy conveyor belt, stuffing his face to keep up, and saving the day - by packing candy into boxes with his toes. Personally I'd rather not consume chocolate touched by monkey feet, but maybe people in George's world are into it. That's only one of the mysteries in this story! Others include how the machine makes squiggles (George never finds out) and how the conveyor belt gets back to its normal setting at the end. Plus, ...more
Connie Strong
Renee
Eh, my son only likes this cause we make ooh ooh monkey noises while we read.
A book with a title that includes the character's name
Maria Gaytan
Dec 27, 2010 Maria Gaytan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
well this book i read it with my little brother and sister . Ok well this book is awesome its more awesome because its of curious george and i love that monkey ;) well i liked it because it talks about when george goes to the chocolate factory and starts to wonder around like his name says "Curious George" he gt curious and he starts pushing buttons and starts messing around with the machines and then all of them got messed up. to help the chefs he starded eating them and they tought he was help ...more
Rosa Cline
May 02, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This is one of the original Curious George books from when they were first written. I remember being a child listening to our school librarian read it to me when I was tiny and then I read it to my children a few years ago and now reading it to my 3 year old granddaughter. Curious George is one that time can't age nor take away his friendship!

George and the man go to a chocolate factory to see how the chocolates were made. And as always George is curious about things more than what is being sho
Nancy
Feb 04, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kindle version had a larger print above the regular printing, which I liked, since I have a vision problem. I like the Curious George books. This one has George in a Chocolate factory and store. The man in yellow looks for his favorite chocolates, while George goes exploring. We learn how the candies are made, and see pictures of different chocolates, and what the tops tell us about each piece. The machinery speeds up, and George ends up helping box the chocolates, so they don't hit the floo ...more
Vicki
Mar 20, 2012 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture, pre-school
It's hard to find a short enough Curious George book to read during Pre-School story times. I thought this would fit great into the "Sticky" theme, but it did not hold the attention of the children in attendance. To be truthful everything is quite dated in these books and the illustrations were great for their time, but things have changed over the last decade with the "fantastic" illustrators that are out there. I am switching out this book for Friday story times and using My Garden by Kevin He ...more
Rebellion Violetta
Buku Berkunjung ke Pabrik Cokelat ini merupakan buku kedua dari seri Curious George yang saya baca. Isinya bagus, bahkan untuk orang dewasa seperti saya. Sedikit banyak saya jadi memiliki bayangan tentang pabrik cokelat modern.

Di dalam cerita kali ini, seperti biasa ada saja ulah George. Namun ia selalu berhasil melakukan sesuatu untuk memperbaiki kesalahannya. Hal inilah saya rasa yang menjadi bagian yang baik untuk dijadikan pelajaran bagi anak-anak kita ketika membacanya.
Samantha
George and the man with the yellow hat stop by a chocolate factory/store for a treat. George sneaks into the back and gets into trouble as he investigates how the candy is made. George ends up boxing chocolates so fast that the workers are impressed and no longer made. George eats a lot of chocolate and has a great time. This book is good for teaching sequencing. I like how this book gave a behind the scene look at a factory.
Linda Wagner
Never thought that my 2016 reading challenge would be populated with picture books, but becoming a grandma changes everything. Curious George is funny and a good read for all kids, even the grown up ones.
Alyn
Jun 05, 2014 Alyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
George ends up at a chocolate factory and learns some interesting things about chocolate. One of them happens to be, too much chocolate is bad for your stomach. My son's favorite part was when George sat himself down at the end of the conveyor belt and ate most of the chocolate that fell off.
Kelly
Feb 07, 2010 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids love this book! And of course, they always ask for chocolate after we get done reading it! How could you not?
Markus
Sep 18, 2013 Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun little book in the spirit of the original Curious George.
Jessica Nekuda
Jan 08, 2016 Jessica Nekuda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nifty!
James
Apr 01, 2013 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, fiction
I ask Mama and Dada to read this over and over again. Mama says it makes her want to eat chocolate.
Nitya Sivasubramanian
I was grateful to discover that this book only held one read's worth of attention for my little man. There's enough diabetics and halloween candy in this house for now!
Margaret Chind
Read this one in the "blue" treasury.
Kara "kc"
George gets in trouble because that's what he does. Then George helps. He didn't take the chocolates at the end because he had a bellyache because he ate all the chocolates.
Slayton
Mar 20, 2009 Slayton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made a 100 on the AR Test
The Brothers
This time Curious George takes his hijinks to a chocolate factory. The description of the chocolates sure made me want some!

Your standard Curious George illustrations.
Timilyn
My 2-yo nephew's current fave book. He can't get enough. We must have read it 3 time on his birthday.
Rebecca
May 16, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic George. Curiosity gets him in trouble, but he helps out. Fun to read and kids love it.
Polly
I don't want to think about what Public Health would say about monkeys helping box chocolates, but I imagine that's not a thought that would distract a child!
Sarah Anderson
Feb 06, 2013 Sarah Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Really fun book, just like all the other Curious George books.
Phillip Lemons
May 29, 2016 Phillip Lemons rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-books
A fun adventure where George learns that too many sweets can be too much. I like the new adventures as they show how we learn from our experiences and that curiosity is not the same as naughtiness.
Danielle Mootz
Nov 30, 2015 Danielle Mootz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Curious George's clumsy mischievous self gets himself into trouble once again as a chocolate factory. But in classic George style he saves the day.
Dare to Dream: At The Chocolate Factory 7 16 Mar 14, 2013 08:49PM
  • Curious George Goes Fishing
  • Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake
  • Clifford's Good Deeds
  • Happy Pig Day! (Elephant & Piggie, #16)
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure
  • Little Critter Storybook Collection
  • D.W. the Picky Eater
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • Eat Your Peas: A Daisy Book
  • The Milk Makers
  • Binky (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • The Berenstain Bears: The Bear Detectives
  • Read to Tiger
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium