Start by marking “One Thing She Knew” as Want to Read:
One Thing She Knew

One Thing She Knew

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Two lives are changed completely after one weekend...Orlando Scott is a senior in college with his sights set on playing professional basketball. But first he has to figure out how to come up with the money to care for his ailing mother who was paralyzed by a drunk driver. He's an easy target when a teammate recruits him to an exclusive club that pays very handsomely for s ...more
Published April 19th 2011 by Face Press (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Thing She Knew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Thing She Knew

I really enjoyed this book. Orlando was a character written far before his years. I like how we never knew his exact age, but the way he was portrayed it really didn't matter because he was all man. Carrie was also an extremely strong character. Only a strong woman can come into a ready made family and raise 2 children as her own even though one gave her hell most of the time. Aaron, what a sorry SOB. Its men like him that give all others a bad name. The ending was a bit surprising, and very ref ...more
K.L. Brady
One Thing She Knew follows the torrid affair between Carrie Hemingway, a successful doctor in the throes of depression from a broken marriage and her efforts to cover it up for the sake of her family, and Orlando, a college student (Carrie's son's roommate), who fall deeply for one another despite familial obligations and societal pressures that threaten the relationship from its onset.

After the honeymoon phase passes, the love between Carrie and Orlando is tested time and time again under the
Kasey Rigali
Stumbled upon this as a free read, and really enjoyed reading and could not put it down! This is a unique love/ lust story that's keeps you wanting more. From struggling of expectations, both characters unexpectedly find each other. This book leaves you rooting for their love to conquer all and defeat all odds. Definitely will read again!
Love every minute of this. It's good to see a woman standing up and fighting back, fighting to live and recognizing what is really IMPORTANT! Oh and of course it's always lovely to have a sexy man in the midst as well :)
I enjoyed this story. Orlando at the right place and right time to meet Carrie. Carrie and Aaron's relationships, both personal and professional going down the tubes. Then you throw in Mama Miranda and sparks start to fly. This story has a little bit of everything. I would be interested in knowing how everyone is doing- maybe a novella?
What an interesting twist to a cougar love story!! This was a very fast read that will keep your interest to the very end. With twists and turns throughout, Toni Meyer keeps you turning the pages to find out what she has in store for Carrie and Orlando.
David Richardson
I recieved this book for free from the Goodreads first-reads giveaway. This has a strong set of female characters. A couple of slow spots but a good twist in there too. Mabey the ending was just a tiny bit too happy??
Amanda Watkins
This was an easy read but a strange story concept. Not my usual story type but I enjoyed it none the less. The ending I thought was fantastic I love a book that when you finish it you feel happy about putting it down.
Shannon Baas
This is a strange romance. Dr. Hemingway is trying to divorce her husband and then ends up in a romance with her son's roommate. It describes what happens. It is a good book and one I'd recommend.
Love can win, regardless of what may stand in its way.
There were some editing issues that kind of got me, but not enough to make me turn it away. This was a great story.
Stephanie Speight
Mar 13, 2013 Stephanie Speight rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes
Good book.
There were a couple places where the author fast forwarded and I felt like I missed something.
All-in-all I enjoyed the story.
The age difference in this one would be a dream come true for many 40 year olds, I just don't think it's very realistic.
Raquel Clarke
Nice read about a 40+ afro-american who finds love with a 20+ boy...her son's best friend
Dec 13, 2014 Sara marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads-won, own
i won this in the goodreads giveaway, can't wait to read it! :)
This book started out slow, but picked up and was great!
I found the ending lacking
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jul 13, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 07/13/2012.
Joslyn marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Brittni marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Shawna Mikesell
Shawna Mikesell marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Helen Robbins
Helen Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Keki marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Carol Judge
Carol Judge marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
  • Inconvenient Love
  • Bawss
  • Soul Food Sisterhood
  • Harlem Redux
  • The Wish
  • The King of Colored Town
  • Spitfire (Puffin Cove, #1)
  • The Well-Lived Laugh: Designing a Life That Keeps You Smiling
  • Dark Carnival (Dark Trilogy, #2)
  • Escape (Unchained, #1)
  • Same Time Next Year
  • Miscegenist Sabishii
  • Suspicions
  • Remix
  • Music of the Spheres (The Interstellar Age, #2)
  • Trade Secrets
  • Kept (Arielle Lockley, #1)
  • A Heart Divided