Start by marking “Classic Hikes of the World: 23 Breathtaking Treks” as Want to Read:
Classic Hikes of the World: 23 Breathtaking Treks

Classic Hikes of the World: 23 Breathtaking Treks

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  1 review
This book will help you realize your dreams of hiking among the world's highest peaks and most scenic canyons, discovering wilderness far from the clamor of civilization, encountering rare birds and animals, glorying in sunsets over glacier-clad ranges, and feeling the joy and achievement of hiking some of the world's most spectacular trails.

Peter Potterfield has selected
Published March 17th 2005 by W. W. Norton & Company (first published February 7th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Classic Hikes of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic Hikes of the World

Jackie
I don't want to return this book to the library. I've renewed it 2 times now and they're only going to let me keep it for another 8 days. So now I'm plotting which 7 treks to re-read before bed each night. I'm seriously considering buying my own copy and it will live on my nightstand as there is no better way to end a tough day than to read one of these entries and fall asleep wondering about the airfare to Peru.

I'm not a huge backpacker, preferring day hikes, but he book has inspired several dr
Nina Abul-Husn
Nina Abul-Husn marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Heather Zhao
Heather Zhao marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Heather Zhao
Heather Zhao marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Kerri Casper
Kerri Casper marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Fangwei Zeng
Fangwei Zeng marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Omar
Omar marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
C
C marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Drew
Drew marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jeff Ford
Jeff Ford marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Evan Jones
Evan Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Bmw
Bmw added it
Jan 09, 2014
Dan
Dan added it
Jan 05, 2014
Bassem Alfiky
Bassem Alfiky marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Garry Clarke
Garry Clarke marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Journalist Peter Potterfield writes about wilderness and adventure for newspapers, magazines, books, and on-line publishing. He is currently editor of GreatOutdoors.com.

Potterfield is the author of a dozen books, including the critically acclaimed In the Zone (The Mountaineers Books, 1996), and the Banff Book Festival Award winner, High Himalaya (The Mountaineers Books, 2001). His most recent book
More about Peter Potterfield...
In the Zone Classic Hikes of North America: 25 Breathtaking Treks in the United States and Canada Over the Top: Humorous Mountaineering Tales Everest W strefie. Opowieści o ocaleniu ze świata gór