Start by marking “Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)” as Want to Read:
Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire, #3)

Eternal Captive (Mark of the Vampire #3)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,818 ratings  ·  172 reviews
He'll become a predator to protect his prey.

Marked By Blood

Bronwyn, a brilliant vampire genealogist, can never escape her c
Mass Market Paperback, 358 pages
Published February 7th 2012 by Signet Eclipse (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Captive

Michelle the Romance Witch
OH MY GODDESS what a great book... kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time... and of course made you wanna reach in the book and slap Luca SEVERAL times... thank goodness Bronwyn kept his ass in line.
Lots of fun plot twists and surprises... can't wait for the next book!
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This was a good book, but the butt play ruined it for me. I find it a huge turnoff and it's completely unsexy to me. I really wish books had a warning system for that. Also the use of the c-word for female genitalia really gets to me. Those things brought my rating down. Reviewed for Bitten by Books: http://bittenbybooks.com.
Liz
Ok, I'm saying that I would give this book 3.5 stars. I marked it as 4 because there is no 3.5 and I didn't want to mark it as a 3 because it was really great. I just had a small issue with it.

This is Book 3 in the Mark of the Vampire series by Laura Wright. This one focuses on Lucian Roman, the youngest of the Roman brothers. He is going to be the "Breeding Male". A Breeding Male is like a mindless, humping vampire in heat 24/7 from the time he goes into the change until the time he dies. Most
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
Carla's Review:

Eternal Captive is the third book in Laura Wright's MARK OF THE VAMPIRE series and the story of Lucian Roman, the youngest of the three Roman brothers. SO much happens in this book that I can't give much detail without giving away spoilers, so I'm just going to give brief details about some events that happened and the characters.

Throughout the first two books Lucian is a crude, smart mouthed, sarcastic wise-ass that takes no crap from anyone, including his brothers. Luca does wha
Michelle Leah Olson
Eternal Captive, Mark of the Vampire Book #3
Author: Laura Wright

Synopsis: Since feeding her his blood, Lucian Roman has struggled with his obsession with Bronwyn Kettler-fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed. But when a dangerous enemy threatens Bronwyn, only Lucian can save her life. Even if it means sacrificing his own...

Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:
From the moment I picked up Eternal Hunger, Mark
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
4.5 stars. The best in the series yet. I loved Lucian and Bronwyn together and I think the world Laura Wright has created is original and interesting. I haven't read the novellas and I could see I was missing some things between Grey and Dillon so I need to read those before continuing with the series.
MandyM
3.5 stars. A solid entry in the Mark of the Vampire series hampered slightly by the female character who readers have known since book 1. In this volume Lucien begins his sad descent into madness as he evolves into the 'Breeding Male'. He fights this every step of the way, aided by Bronwyn Kettler, who has been deeply attracted to Lucien ever since she tasted his blood.

Unfortunately I haven't liked Bronwyn's character much since she first appeared in book 1. In this story I found her vacillating
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
4.5 Stars
Laura Wright continues her captivating paranormal romance series, Mark of the Vampire, with another sexy and thrilling addition in Eternal Captive!

Lucian Roman cannot escape his heritage, the heritage passed down from his father, of the Breeding Male. When the veana who fed from him, and somehow remained in his blood, finds her true mate his control is taken to its limit. Lucian is split; kill her, get her out of his system and spend the rest of his undead life in Mondrar, the vampire p
Mel
Eternal Captive is the third book in Laura Wright's Mark of the Vampire series and was made of awesome. Lucian is by far my favorite of the Roman brothers and I couldn't wait to devour his story. His snarky, I don't give a frak attitude just totally does it for me. Him being an incredibly sexy and funny vampire certainly doesn't hurt. *sinister grin*

Knowing that Lucian would turn into the Breeding Male, I was concerned how he would ultimately end up with his mate. Breeding Male's aren't suppose
Lizzielvr
Mark of Vampire is good series, the overall story gets better with each book, which is why it’s a 4 star rating for me. With that said, I did have issues with the content of the story. I felt there was an overuse of the words from the glossary, particularly the words veana and paven. It became a bit distracting, taking away from the story. I’m also not a fan of the C word, but I knew going into this it would be used, I just didn’t expect it to be used so much :P. It is a good story, those were m ...more
Julie Burns
OMG !!!
Amazing :-)
I cried, I laughed and cheered as the fight for Luca raged.
I TOTALLY enjoyed that :-D
The ending was a little rushed. But I hope my happy ending, so I am willing to turn a blind eye.
And the ending .......
Need the next book.
Chris
**Goodreads description of Eternal Captive:Lucian Roman knows he must stay away from Bronwyn Kettler for sanity's sake. Since feeding her his blood, he can think of nothing else but possessing her—fighting an uncontrollable desire to kill her, if he has to, and the vampire she has sworn to wed.
Bronwyn, a brilliant vampire genealogist, can never escape her connection to Lucian. He sustained her when she was starving. He still rules her dreams. And when the nights get dark enough, she still crave
Adria (Romance Reviews)
Originally posted on Breath of Life Reviews

Lucian never makes things easy. I learned this about him the very first time I heard him speak in Eternal Hunger. He's cocky, stubborn and incredibly rude... But he's also smart, brave and loyal to his brothers. He takes a while to grow on you if you're not used to crude statements and what I call "smart-assery" but since I am and I love sarcasm, I took to Lucian right away. It took a bit to get around to reading his story, and the wait made the anticip
Visionary
So 21% in Luca's story and wow, just wow! I've been anticipating this book since Eternal Kiss.

Lucian is everything I like in a male: sarcastic, snarky and straight up-asshole!! For those starting in on Laura's Mark of the Vampire, I really recommend they start from book one.

Luca's personality is outlined from the getgo, when we were first introduced to him. Bronwyn too is introduced in the first book - where we get insight on her personality and person. The tension between the two start there a
Denise Strand
If I could give this book a 10 star rating I most definitely would!

What can I say... This book pulled me in so many emotional directions that I was left frazzled, in a good way. Luca just broke my heart, but he also made me smile, laugh and want somebody to clone him and his delishious tongue all for myself. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed tears and then some by out right snot sobbing... It wasn't pretty!

Bron... I'm also not ashamed to admit I have a huge Girly crush on her. She's fiercely
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Lucian, the rebel. Lucian, the don't-have-a-care badass. Lucian, the next in line Breeding Male. He carries the gene that will likely turn him into the Breeding Male, a mindless creature that will only know and want to mate with any female and impregnate them. This guarantees he will never have a mate like his brothers. And also, the transformation shouldn't be happening yet. He should've had another century to prepare.

But Bronwyn drank from him and acti
Michelle
I loved this book for a couple of reasons.

Luca - I was so intrigued by Luca in Alex's book - I love a bad boy vamp especially when they have a sarcastic tongue. In Nicky's book we got little glimpses of him but not enough to satisfy my curiosity but by the end of this Luca is firmly cemented as my favourite Roman brother. I really felt for him on his journey, Bronwyn was a good fit for him. I'm glad she made him work for it though :)

Laura asked me yesterday who I would choose as a Mate & I t
Janne S
Well, this started out great guns...really got into the Bron/Lucian tryst and the angst of the Breeding Male vs the good girl. But it got pretty redundant, the plot sorta loosened up, and I got less and less enthused. There is just something off-putting about using gutter language to speak to your beloved. I mean, it's not romantic music to my ears to be told how beautiful I am (which I'm not), how much I'm beloved and cherished and then hear "I can't wait to lick your c*nt". Dirty talking has a ...more
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Alright once again Ms Wright has blown me away with the Roman Brothers. Especially my baby Lucian aka Luca ;)

But I fear I must give this one just the 4 stars because although this is another suspenseful, sexy, erotic, heartfelt read, I felt the ending of this one came too quickly. Certain things were summed up way too fast for me concerning Lucian & Bronwyn.. But I love these two together. I love this series. And of course Lucian does not disappoint with his snotty, hilarious remarks. And th
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
WOW!!!..Learn more about the breeding Male....this is Lucien's story and it is a must read!!! Again, we have several subplots that all fit together like a puzzle with Lucien's being the main one..but as the plot twists and turns we are seeing connections to previous books that we didn't know about earlier in the series. This book reveals a great deal more of the backstory of the race and more of how the brothers connected. We have some surprise discoveries and the furthering of some of the stori ...more
May Mostly Romance
เลมสามในชุด เลมทีเรากรีดอยากอานมาตังแตครังแรกทีเหนพระเอกในเลมแรก เรืองราวยอนกลับมาเลาถึงพีนองในตระกูลโรมันอีกครัง และครังนีเปนเรืองของนองนุชสุดทองอยางลูเซียน โรมัน

เนืองจากประชากรของแวมไพรลดนอยลง สภาแวมไพรทีทรงอำนาจตัดสินใจดัดแปลงพันธุกรรมของแวมไพรสามคน ทำใหพวกเขากลายเปนพอพันธุชันดี ขอเสียกคือ แวมไพรทังสามกระหายในเซกสจนเสียสติ ทำใหตองถูกจับขังเอาไว แลวนำมาผสมเปนครังคราว กับหญิงสาวทีโชครายมากพอทีจะถูกเลือกใหกับพวกเขา

พีนองตระกูลโรมันทังสาม คือผลผลิตของการกระทำนัน ชีวิตของพวกเขายากลำบาก เพราะเหลาเป
Pete
Eternal Captive is book 3 in the Mark of the Vampire Series , by Laura Wright . Now, this breeding male thing is extraordinarily convoluted and would seem to be desirable, but as an equalist, (I made that word up to reflect gender neutrality), that style would not be desirable to me, but to each their own.

Those Roman brothers are strong, but so are their unique family members, which hopefully will find more exposure in future books. Lucian and Bronwyn have a windshield wiper relationship with
Cinda
I've been slowly going through this series and am now a big fan. While Book 2, Eternal Kiss, was quite enjoyable and expanded greatly on her world, Laura Wright finally found her rhythm here. Deeply romantic and emotional and beautifully paced. Did I mention it was hawt? Oh, yeah. Just started book 4, Eternal Beast, and I'm already hooked on this nice twist in LW's world.
Hbeebti
This was so freaking good! OMG I love Lucian! Damn that vampire is hot!! It took me a couple of chapter to remember everything from the previous books, but once I did things flowed so much better and I could not put this book down. This was the best of the 3 books by far. This series is getting better and better. And the ending? Wow, that was great. Cant wait to read the next one.
AngelLeah
I am so in love with this story! Luca and Bron are amazing characters and their love story was so intense. This book had me laughing out loud, grinning like a fool, fanning myself from the heat, and sobbing like a frickin' girl.

As usual, Laura Wright left us with multiple story lines that we can't wait to read about. This book is gonna be a tough one to follow though!
Alison
The ending saved this book from a two star review.

I had high expectations because I enjoyed Lucian in the previous too books; he had the most distinct personality. In this book, however, he came off like a immature teenager rather than a sexy asshole alpha male. What he said about his mother...grow up!

I knew I wasn't going to like Bron, she was way to passive "princess" for my tastes. She grew on me after about 80% of the book when she finally matured in her thinking (as she even acknowledged it
Kelly
Loved this book. The third installment in this series
was almost as good as the second.Absolutely love Lucian and Bronwyn. What a great couple. I did wish that there was more of the other brothers and their mates in this book, especially Nicholas and Kate. Plan on reading their story again soon. Can't wait for the next book to be released in August!!!

Milica
This was pure erotica,plain and simple. Yes,there was some story here and there,but erotica nonetheless...For 250 pages on e-reader,I expected something more,but what I got was sex,sex,sex,and we must not forget sex...and then some more sex. And,yes,not to forget DIRTIEST sex talk I've had the pleasure to read,ever. I have nothing against erotic stories...hell I read them,but to call this book a romance would be pure bullshi*t! But people evidently love to read 250 pages of sex because first two ...more
Desiree
I liked this book much better than I did the second in the series, however, I was so annoyed by how utterly useless was "the Order", and all the vampires' supposed powers that I couldn't fully enjoy the book.

I mean, state of the art security, such as needing to bleed on the gate to gain entrance... oh please, how easily faked is that! And all this 'flashing' here, and flashing their. Found that pretty fucking stupid too.

I also found the heroine a little frustratingly dense as well.

I don't know
Tamran
Been done with this for a long time. Never check this place any more. Any way. Axing, great, wonderful! Everything that Laura Wright puts on paper is going to be wonderful in my eyes!
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Bayon / Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Tempted by Blood (Sweetblood, #3)
  • Deliver Me from Darkness (Paladin Warriors, #1)
  • Obsidian Flame (Guardians of Ascension, #5)
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Night Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #3)
  • Deadly is the Kiss (Primal Instinct World, #1)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Warriors of the Rift, #1)
  • Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Aden (Vampires in America, #7)
  • Wicked Edge (Castle of Dark Dreams, #5)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of Mark of the Vampire, Bayou Heat, Cavanaugh Brothers series, and Wicked Ink Chronicles.
More about Laura Wright...

Mark of the Vampire (7 books)
  • Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire, #4)
  • Eternal Demon (Mark of the Vampire, #5)
  • Eternal Sin (Mark of the Vampire, #6)
  • Eternal Storm (Mark of the Vampire, #7)
Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1) Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2) First Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #1) Shattered Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles, #2) Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire, #4)

“She knew in that moment what it felt like to want to own another being, declare them as yours.” 27 likes
“I feel the animal within me emerging, Princess. It’s raw and uncontained, but it wants to please you. If we wait . . .” His chin dropped, his voice too. “I cannot hurt you, do you understand?” 20 likes