Start by marking “Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch, #2)” as Want to Read:
Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch, #2)

Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  559 ratings  ·  80 reviews
It’s been a year since Lorcan James left Whispering Pines Ranch, and Quinn Taylor has barely recovered. Only two things keep him from falling into the abyss of despair: his work at the ranch and his escape into the world of BDSM at a club called The Push. At The Push, the sound of men begging him helps drown out the bitter memory of his own voice begging Lorcan to stay.

Published November 7th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Quinn's Need, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quinn's Need

I have no idea even what to think of this book let alone how to review it. It's like a soap opera for gay men. It has all the aspects of what i DON'T like in a romance but for some reason it just does. I am addicted and will now not be able to rest until i read book 3.
Mar 19, 2013 Bev rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bev by: Tina

Another Jo Peterson book, another 5 star keeper. This is the follow-up to Lorcan's Desire, and is wonderful....

At the end of the first book, we knew that Lorcan and Quinn were in love, but that Quinn was extremely afraid to come out of the closet....and Lorcan refused to be Quinn's dirty little secret. Lorcan discovered that his friend Jess was in love with him, and in view of Quinn's stubborn and stupid attitude, he and Jess left Whispering Pines Ranch. This book takes up the story a year late
Is it a good or bad thing when you start to not really care about the lead characters but feel deeply for side characters?

This is my dilemma. In book one I never warmed to Lorcan, I hated the way he ran out on Quinn and to my mind used Jess. But I liked Quinn ok and Jess I liked more so they were who I read for.

In book two my feelings for Lorcan never really changed but I found I didn't like Quinn as much any more. For me he became guilty of doing what Lorcan did, only he used Ty.I found mysel
T.A. Webb
"How does someone get an elephant out of a room without shit breaking?"

It has been a year since Lorcan made his choice to stay in Indiana with Jess and make a life. Even though he and Quinn love each other, there has been too much hurt, and he just...can't...leave Jess. So Quinn stays at the Whispering Pines Ranch and burns with anger and hurt. And drinks. And treats everyone else badly.

When Quinn finds The Push, a local D/s bar, he finally finds an outlet for his anger, using every sub who wil
For some reason I haven’t quite figured out yet, I didn’t like this book as much as the first one in this series. I will probably try to figure it out as I write this review.

Book two opens with Lorcan in Indiana with Jess trying to make a life together and Quinn coming out of a 3 month drinking bender and finding an outlet for his anger by being a Dom without all the warm tender feelings (yes, I said that). Both Lorcan and Quinn cannot get each other out of their hearts and just drives the guilt
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Mar 14, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m/m romance fans
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Publisher
Shelves: reviewed
I really fell for this book. I enjoyed the romance and how the author let us feel what the characters were feeling. And hey, who wouldn’t love a book with hot cowboys. Now for those of you not into m/m romance, this book is sooo not for you. But all others, I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I hadn’t read the first book. So I immediately fell for Quinn and his side of things. While reading it, I felt like had I read the first one, I would have been a Lorcan fan. But that wasn’t the case. So I wa
Don Bradshaw
A much better and tighter written story than Lorcan's Desire was. I was glad to see so much resolved that had been hanging from the previous book. Quinn's playing in the BDSM scene was well written even though it really was not Quinn. I felt bad for Ty even though he knew that he'd never have Quinn. It was good to see what a year with Jess did for Lorcan's maturity. The story made for an emotional ride with sex that was burning the pages.
Review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews by Pixie

I don’t know what to say… I am speechless… How on earth has SJD done it again? Quinn is still struggling with his devastation of Lorcan’s leaving him. He manages to cope day to day, but only with the help of the subs, at the club. He somehow doesn’t fall back into despair. Lorcan is still with Jess, but although he loves Jess he still has to fight his desire for Quinn.

Oh My God… this is… I just
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★

Sleeping Prince~(Jessie) Aww, wake up Sleeping Prince your story is coming up soon~

I will re-read this for him...I still, Love, Love, Love Jessie

And....Gosh, this was good...but.....this book has another killer cliffhanger...hummm...Quinn / Lorcan/ Jessie?

I don't love that this series offers a soap-opera saga feel for me....because this series always keeps me waiting! I want more like yesterday...cuz, this series is still waaaay wickly sweet.
Boyboygirllove you know you LOVE a book when all you think about is when you are going to be able to steal a few minutes to pick it up again to see what's going to happen next!!!

Quinn's Need was the kind of sequel that you only hope for when you meet characters as addicting as Lorcan and Quinn. There are moments in the book where you feel every kind of emotion...and then because SJD likes to torture us...he throws in a huge plot twist that has us re-evaluating everything we thought:)

In the end, the
Quinn's Need picks up about a year after Lorcan's Desire leaves off. Most of the characters are caught between the person they really want to be with and the person they can actually have. No one is as happy as they could be, but they are doing the best that they can. And, of course, most of the drama here could have been avoided if Lorcan and Quinn would have just talked to each other in the previous book because now, they are both caught up in events that end up spiraling out of control. They ...more
A year has passed since their separation but Quinn has only recently started getting over Lorcan, and Lorcan though in love with Jess, hasn't completely forgotten Quinn either. Quinn tries to escape his need for Lorcan by visiting a BDSM club once a week, where he plays the Dom type, the one who never begs but is always in control. It is in that club that he meets Ty, and their sexual relationship gradually turns into one of friendship and affection as well. It is at this point however, that Lor ...more
These books have totally sucked me in. Sexy ranchers and angst out my eyeballs. It's almost like a soap opera where the one character you like in the beginning, you start to hate around the middle.

The lives of Quinn, Lorcan and Jess are turned upside down in this one as Lorcan and Jess return to town a year after they left, in order to take over Jess's family ranch. Quinn has found an outlet for dealing with the pain of Lorcan's leaving him, but he has never really dealt with it. Jess is willin
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
3.5 stars. I really disliked Quinn after the first book. I'm still not a huge fan after this book for many reasons, though he has made vast improvements.

The one thing I dislike about these is that the various issues seem to be way more drawn out than they need to be. I find myself begging for things to just move on.

Jess broke my heart, even if I disagreed with the way he treated Lorcan. Lorcan wants it all and doesn't or is unable to give up any of it. Drives me a little nuts that he continues
Becky Condit
4 1/2 stars!

Ms. Peterson is skilled at character development as well as plot sequence. I thought some parts of this story dragged a little bit but it wasn’t distracting enough to make me not enjoy the book. Overall, this is a beautifully written book about tortured men who are trying to find their way to happiness and discover that they may need some help. It is a very interesting take on how a man discovers that he is a Dom but doesn’t have the slightest understanding what that is or how to bec
Laura M
For anyone who was frustrated at the end of Lorcan's Desire, this much anticipated sequel is an excellent read, resolving the issues plaguing Lorcan and Quinn at the end of the first book. These guys, who have endured so much, are finally in the place where they need to be.

Can't wait to read Ty's story next.
2.5 but rounding it to 3 stars

I absolutely could not get into this. I don't know if it was because I didn't like the writing style (even though I felt like there wasn't anything wrong with it) or couldn't connect with the characters. This one just didn't do it for me.
Oh the tangle web we weave when we run due to fear. It takes twice the pain and length of time to fix the things we broke due to fear. This is a story about the fixing. ...more
Thought this was a better book than Lorcan's Desire. Lorcan has grown up some in this one and sees things through instead of running off. There is plenty of angst, a sprinkling of BDSM and lots of sexy, hot sweaty cowboys. Straight on to Bk 3, Ty's Obsession
Sad, happy, heart-wrenching, sweet, lovely... that about sums it up.
When Lorcan and Jess move back to town, Lorcan is slammed in the face with his feelings for Quinn that he has tried to bury for the past year. When Lorcan and Jess's relationship hits an unexpected rough patch, Lorcan's feelings for Quinn really begin to invade his thoughts.
Lorcan, Quinn and Jess are all forced to take a good look at their relationships and their feelings for one another. Are Lorcan's loyalty and love for his b
Can your first love be a forever love?

Lorcan has been gone from Whispering Pines for a year. And yet, neither Lorcan nor Quinn is ready to close each other off from their lives. Each has dealt with the separation in different ways - Lorcan finding peace and acceptance in Jess' arms, and Quinn finding an outlet for his control issues at the local leather daddy club The Push.

Quinn's Need is the continuation of Lorcan and Quinn's story, and on the surface appears to be an erotic tale of angst and
ACK! Okay, this second book in the series was just as traumatizing (if not more so) than the first book. In the last book, Quinn loses Lorcan to Jess and Lorcan and Jess leave for their HEA. This is upsetting ALL AROUND because everyone knows that Lorcan doesn't love Jess the way he loves Quinn. Lorcan knows it, Jess knows it, we as readers know it - it's just a friggin' hot mess. So I was not happy. In THIS book, it's more of the same but it's worse because now Quinn drags poor Ty into his shit ...more
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
5 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Oh My God… this is… I just… I am freaking
Nov 21, 2013 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Seiran
Ugh. So I have very few "off" switches when I read. You know, those things that immediately throw you out of the story. One I do have is cheating. Even if there was no sex, I believe you end one relationship before you go into (or get back with) another. I hated how selfish Lorcan and Quinn were. I get it - they were fated to be together and they never stopped loving each other. TOUGH! Act like men and deal with the relationships you are in before jumping back together.

(view spoiler)
Quinn Taylor has spent the past year trying to deal with the fact that Lorcan James moved away. Quinn has used the work that needs to be done on his ranch as one way of dealing with his loss and escaping to a club that deals in the world of BDSM has helped him handle his emotions. Quinn now makes others beg him instead of doing the begging himself. He is determined that no one will ever get him to beg them again.

Lorcan James is back in Pegasus and while his feelings for Quinn haven’t changed he
I really enjoyed this book. I have to say as much as I love Lorcan and Quinn, I really got choked up over Ty.
The way Quinn treated him was pretty awful. Sexual liaisons at the club are one thing. Going out to dinner, asking someone to come work for you. Making plans, clearing out a spare bedroom so that if they need to spend the night they could is another.

I really felt drawn to Ty's character. Not because I have a thing for BDSM characters, but more because I could feel that he was a more thre
  • Red Skies
  • Vessel (Cutting Cords #2)
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Worth the Coming Home (Love's Value, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Stained Glass
  • Power Play: Awakening (Power Play, #2)
  • Long Tall Drink: The Complete and Uncut Edition
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
  • After the Sunset (Timing, #2)
  • Discovered (Little Boy Lost, #4)
  • Bound by Love (Bound, #1)
  • Three Traders (Falls Chance Ranch #2)
  • A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
It's been an amazing journey since DSP first contracted Lorcan's Desire in January 2011. I've published 2 free reads with the M/M Romance group, my back list is growing, met some great people and have made some amazing friends.
I'm still in shock that I'm listed among the many talented authors at Dreamspinner Press! The little voice in the back of my head is screaming, "You are so out of your leagu
More about S.J.D. Peterson...

Whispering Pines Ranch (5 books)
  • Lorcan's Desire (Whispering Pines Ranch, #1)
  • Ty's Obsession (Whispering Pines Ranch, #3)
  • Conner's Courage (Whispering Pines Ranch, #4)
  • Jess's Journey (Whispering Pines Ranch, #5)
Plan B Pup (Guards of Folsom, #1) Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2) Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5) Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #1)