Start by marking “The Remortal” as Want to Read:
The Remortal

The Remortal

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Telly is a homeless teenager struggling to survive on the streets of Los Angeles, but he has just met a man that can make all of his dreams come true. His rich new benefactor only asks for one thing in return — something no one else has been able to do for two and a half centuries.

He wants Telly to kill him.

The man with the death wish is named Van, and he offers Telly an
es
Published (first published April 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Remortal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Remortal

Wendy
May 13, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Review published at The BiblioSanctum:
Immortality is boring. This is one of the aspects of stories about immortality that I enjoy, but not many of the stories I’ve read deal with this. Or rather, they don’t focus on the desire of an immortal to move on. I was attracted to The Remortal specifically because this was the plot of the book. An immortal, Van Giles, is tired of his life on earth and wants to ascend to something greater in the unknown beyond. To do so, he needs a successor to kill him
Randy
Nov 24, 2013 Randy rated it it was amazing
How would you like to be immortal? Basically, that was the offer given to teenage street kid Telly when he was rescued by a strange man named Van while being pursued by a drug dealer he'd ripped off for a few bucks.

There are only four immortals in the world. No one knows exactly, but there are legends. In the ancient past, some of the Gods wanted to offer immortality to mortals. As punishment, they were condemned to live among them.

There were a few rules. You can tell no one about it. You can't
David Teachout
May 21, 2013 David Teachout rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Immortals get tired and then what? Only thing to do is become a god. Difficulty is you have to find the right person to take over for you. Enter the story here. Fairly basic but with many moments of deeper thinking and characters fleshed out enough to make the story quite a bit of fun to read. Worth your time and then some.
Ricardo Arroyo
Aug 14, 2013 Ricardo Arroyo rated it really liked it
Good
Mikael
Apr 01, 2016 Mikael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all tine favorite sci-fi books. I hope Ramsey Isler does a follow up to the awesome story.
Ricky Kimsey
Apr 19, 2015 Ricky Kimsey rated it liked it
Immortality

This novel about immortality wasn't what I was hoping for. The plot was kind of muddled making it hard to follow.
Daniel Ace
It was a good read. It may seem like it borrows from Highlander but it has its own story to tell.
Ken
Dec 08, 2013 Ken rated it liked it
A nice, short read. The characters were a bit bland for my taste, especially Telly. And the ending felt a bit rushed. The writing was pretty OK, but felt a bit too fanfiction at times. You know, when the author wants something to happen but is too lazy or just unable to make it happen in a plausible, coherent way. Then all of a sudden a massive vault appears that holds your friend and even your superpowers won't break it in time.
Mihir
Mar 24, 2013 Mihir rated it liked it

Overall rating = 3 & 1/2 stars.

I was very intrigued by this book's blurb and the author was kind enough to provide a review copy. I liked the story and characterization however the ending didn't quite match up the premise and overall awesomeness of the tale. More to come in FBC review...
Areland
Dec 22, 2013 Areland rated it it was amazing
A very good read. I kept turning pages all the way to the last one to see what was going to happen next. I will defiantly look for more books by this author. I hope to see another book that continues Telly and Mattie's story of immortality.
Warren May
Apr 05, 2013 Warren May rated it liked it
i liked it but could have been longer
Matty Cee
Matty Cee marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Lynn Hunt
Lynn Hunt rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Thom Cooper
Thom Cooper rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Pablo
Pablo marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Deena Wilde
Deena Wilde marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
ben kantor
ben kantor marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Melissa Miller
Melissa Miller rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Roslyn
Roslyn added it
Jul 18, 2015
Mercurychyld (M.E.
Mercurychyld (M.E. is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2015
Sheryl Klinkhammer
Sheryl Klinkhammer marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Beth Yacoub
Beth Yacoub is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Aaron Deraps
Aaron Deraps marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Janice Hudspeth
Janice Hudspeth marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Angela Johnson
Angela Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
ROBUST: The Remortal - It's like Highlander meets Training Day 1 8 Dec 26, 2011 09:56AM
For much of my life, I was one of those quirky folk known as a "coder". I wrote computer code, not stories. I was fairly successful at it, and I had a lot of fun doing it. But my true passion was writing books and stories that would inspire and ignite the light of creativity in others, just as my favorite storytellers had inspired me in my youth. I'm still in the early phases of my journey as an a ...more
More about Ramsey Isler...

“Their lives revolved around evil acts; some within their control, and some not. Some of them weren’t born with the capacity for kindness, and others found it better to spare no compassion for anyone in this cruel world because they felt none would be given to them. Fate deals a bad hand to some folks. Some people are just doomed to be no good.” 3 likes
“I’m an immortal. But I don’t want to be one anymore. Or rather, I don’t want to be an immortal stuck in a mortal world anymore. There is something greater out there for me, but in order to get it I need someone to put an end to my life in this world.” 2 likes