Start by marking “The Clone Redemption (Rogue Clone, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Clone Redemption (Rogue Clone, #7)

The Clone Redemption (Rogue Clone #7)

Earth, 2516 A.D.: The Unified Authority has spread human colonies across the Milky Way, keeping strict order with a powerful military made up almost entirely of clones. But now the clones have formed their own empire, and they aim to keep it...no matter who they must defeat.
Published October 25th 2011 by Ace (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Clone Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Clone Redemption

Mistborn by Brandon SandersonChanges by Jim ButcherThe Greyfriar by Clay GriffithThe Alloy of Law by Brandon SandersonNightlife by Rob Thurman
Chris McGrath Book Covers
88th out of 123 books — 41 voters
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare BlakeA Soldier's Duty by Jean JohnsonReamde by Neal StephensonRobopocalypse by Daniel H. WilsonRiver Marked by Patricia Briggs
2012 Endeavour Award Submissions
33rd out of 45 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Lee Ragans
Nov 05, 2011 Lee Ragans rated it it was amazing
I can't help myself, these books are like candy and I can't stop eating. This was a great finale to the Wayson series and as the author says, "there could be more in this universe, but not with Wayson as the central character."

Not since I first cracked a Hammer's slammers have I been starving to read more after each story finishes. This is not high art, or great literature. It is what it is, and if you like one of this series, you will like them all.

Steven takes us on a journey using a first pe
Jim
Dec 03, 2011 Jim rated it really liked it
This book was better! The main character, Wayson Harris, is a 3-star General now in the Enlisted Man's Empire but he doesn't believe they can fight both the Earth Unified Authority (UA) and the alien attackers know as the Avatari. The Avatari have a terrible new weapon that you'll have to read about.

Harris has finally gotten rid of Ava Gardner, thank goodness, and now starts acting more like a Marine General. He sees a need to save all the people of the colony worlds and does his best to rescue
Michael
Nov 12, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it
The author stated this may be the last book in the series. I hope not as it has been enjoyable reading these books. I have enjoyed each book in this series and would definitely like to see more!
Roman
Jun 13, 2012 Roman rated it it was ok
We end the series without learning a damn thing about the Avatari. We know nothing about their technology, their culture, their world - and that mystery was the best part of this series. Dissatisfying ending.

Also, the author talks of continuing the series in such fashion that the earth natural-borns still hold the same grudges. Pray, why conquer a world without inciting revolution and holding some war crimes trials? If that's the future of the series, it just seems unrealistic. Dunno why I would
Nathan
Dec 24, 2011 Nathan rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, reviewed-2011
This was probably my least favorite book in the series. Despite the hero's personal triumphs... or at least victories, the prices paid are ridiculously high. There aren't really any winners and I found it to be a decent, but disappointing end to a series that I enjoyed.

I wouldn't recommend this to someone who hasn't read the rest of the series and would caution those who have that it might be a bit of a let down.
Relstuart
I bought the first three of these in an omnibus HC for $1. They were fun and easy reads to I picked up omnibus HC vol 2 with several more. The last story left me hanging so I had to pick this one up too. All of these have been inexpensive fun as a future clone Marine finds his place in the universe while fighting humans, a mysterious alien invasion, and trying to do what's best for the galaxy.
Kent Bunn
Apr 03, 2012 Kent Bunn rated it liked it
The finale of the story just didn't hold up to the preceding books. It was ok, and things were wrapped up. But it felt like parts were glossed over in the process, and just wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping it would be. I'm glad I saw it through to the finish, I just had if her hopes for what I'd find when I got there, I suppose.
J.
Dec 11, 2011 J. rated it liked it
A strong entry in this series of military SF which appears to resolve the problems of the Avatari and the U.A.. It will be interesting to see if this series can continue now that all of the known threats have been eliminated or contained.
Justaskibum
Jan 15, 2012 Justaskibum rated it liked it
Now to read the whole series, I wish I could have stared from the beginning. The book does stand well on it's own without having to read the whole series from the beginning.
Jon Epperson
Jon Epperson rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Steven Robertson
Steven Robertson rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Matt Gross
Matt Gross rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Chiara Miller
Chiara Miller rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Saša Petalinkar
Saša Petalinkar rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Radosław Gezella
Radosław Gezella rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Greg Williamson
Greg Williamson rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2011
Carmen
Carmen rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Jay Pickett
Jay Pickett rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Jake Preble
Jake Preble rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Azuryu
Azuryu rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Paul Higgins
Paul Higgins rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
João Silva
João Silva rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Mack
Mack rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Tayfun Gemici
Tayfun Gemici rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Corwyn
Corwyn rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013
  • Undercurrents
  • Stark's Command (Stark's War, #2)
  • The Battle for Commitment Planet (Helfort's War, #4)
  • A Galaxy to Conquer (The Human Chronicles, #8)
  • Admiral's Gambit (A Spineward Sectors, #2)
  • Subjugation (Subjugation, #1)
  • Death's Head   Maximum Offense (Death's Head #2)
  • Star Marines (The Legacy Trilogy, #3)
  • Hammerhead
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 1: Resurrection (Spinward Fringe, #1)
  • Marine Cadet (The Human Legion, #1)
  • Wolf Star (Tour of the Merrimack, #2)
Steven L. Kent is the author of the Rogue Clone series of Military Science Fiction novels as well as The Ultimate History of Video Games.

Born in California and raised in Hawaii, Kent served as a missionary for the LDS Church between the years of 1979 and 1981. During that time, he worked as a Spanish-speaking missionary serving migrant farm workers in southern Idaho.

While Kent has a Bachelor’s deg
More about Steven L. Kent...

Rogue Clone (10 books)
  • The Clone Republic (Rogue Clone, #1)
  • Rogue Clone (Rogue Clone, #2)
  • The Clone Alliance (Rogue Clone, #3)
  • The Clone Elite (Rogue Clone, #4)
  • The Clone Betrayal (Rogue Clone, #5)
  • The Clone Empire (Rogue Clone, #6)
  • The Clone Sedition (Rogue Clone, #8)
  • The Clone Assassin (Rogue Clone, #9)
  • The Clone Apocalypse (Rogue Clone, #10)