Start by marking “Our Angry Earth: A Ticking Ecological Bomb” as Want to Read:
Our Angry Earth: A Ticking Ecological Bomb

Our Angry Earth: A Ticking Ecological Bomb

Can we save the Earth? Two of our leading futurists say yes--and offer a solid recipe for planetwide common sense. Our Angry Earth tells us how we must each change our lives, expertly sums up scientific thought on pollution, and outlines a plan for a greener, more hospitable and healthier world. Illustrated.
Published November 1st 1991 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Our Angry Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Angry Earth

Rohomes
Sep 29, 2013 Rohomes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, owned
The authors are listed as Frederik Pohl and Isaac Asimov. Another reviewer (on Amazon.com) complained that the book's style is not Asimov's, and therefore not as entertaining as Isaac's usual writing. That is true, and it does appear that Pohl was probably the primary contributor as far as the written word is concerned. It is also true that this was Asimov's last non-fiction book, and at the time I believe he was quite ill; he died in 1992, the year following the book's publication. However, whi ...more
Ross
Sep 10, 2008 Ross rated it liked it
Recommended to Ross by: Mike Berger
Shelves: environment
I normally think of sci-fi writers as leaning conservative (Heinlein, Card), probably because militarism and personal autonomy are common themes. But in this non-fiction work, written in 1991, Asimov and Pohl reveal a soft spot for dear old Mother Earth.

Sci-fi writers are of course also known for thinking hard about the future. After a discussion about the hazards of prediction, they point out that one class of "future" events can be predicted quite accurately: those that have already begun to h
Heather
Aug 04, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
This was the first book on environmentalism that I ever read, and it scared the shit out of me. Apparently their predictions were wrong, but they explained concepts like global warming well enough that I could figure out what they were talking about at age 12.
Brady Dale
Jul 14, 2013 Brady Dale rated it really liked it
I read this book almost twenty years ago, but there are parts I still think about.
Rob Caroti
Rob Caroti rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2011
DCBukowski
DCBukowski rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Pequeniosaltamontes
Pequeniosaltamontes rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Michaela
Michaela rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Lance
Lance rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2008
Elar
Apr 30, 2017 Elar rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, not-scifi
Very well written informational material about mother Earth and ways we are killing it. My only question is if we had this kind of expert opinion and guideline 26 years ago why are we not on the right track. We have made some developments to solve ecological problems but lobbying for stagnation have really kept us making leap for (cleaner) future.
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2011
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2008
Lio
Lio rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Anil
Anil rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Cassie
Cassie rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2011
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Andel
Andel rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Heather!
Heather! rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Daniel Mala
Daniel Mala rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2013
Justo
Justo rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Cristian Gaineddu
Cristian Gaineddu rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Christian
Christian rated it it was ok
May 14, 2012
Reverend
Reverend rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Angélica Aragón
Angélica Aragón rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
May 26, 2011
Daniel Holmlund
Daniel Holmlund rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2009
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
May 12, 2012
John
John rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2008

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...