Start by marking “Colonial Kids: An Activity Guide to Life in the New World” as Want to Read:
Colonial Kids: An Activity Guide to Life in the New World

Colonial Kids: An Activity Guide to Life in the New World

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Young adventurers can learn about the settling of America while enjoying activities like stitching a sampler, pitching horseshoes, making an almanac, churning butter, and more.
Published August 1st 1997 by Chicago Review Press (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Colonial Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colonial Kids

Christina
We looked at this book to supplement our study of colonial times with practical activities and crafts, but we weren't impressed. It's simple enough that kids can read it and follow directions themselves, but the activities were hit or miss (mostly miss) and we didn't do many at all. Carlson's book about the Native-Americans, More Than Moccasins, was much better.
Tamara
Easy to do crafts for at-home or in the classroom - make fun colonial style items from clothing, games to food and more! I can't wait to do some of these with my students!
Kim Oppliger
Kim Oppliger marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Jul 15, 2014
Coronadeofelia
Coronadeofelia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Krystal
Krystal marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Sylena
Sylena added it
Mar 11, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Aug 18, 2013
Mitchell
Mitchell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Meghan Latham
Meghan Latham marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Kids Create: Art and Craft Experiences for 3 to 9-Year-Olds: Art and Craft Experience for 3 to 9 Year Olds (Williamson Kids Can! Books) Green Thumbs: A Kid's Activity Guide to Indoor and Outdoor Gardening Thomas Edison for Kids: His Life and Ideas, 21 Activities Westward Ho!: An Activity Guide to the Wild West Harry Houdini for Kids: His Life and Adventures with 21 Magic Tricks and Illusions