Start by marking “Dog Tails: Three Humorous Short Stories for Dog Lovers” as Want to Read:
Dog Tails: Three Humorous Short Stories for Dog Lovers

Dog Tails: Three Humorous Short Stories for Dog Lovers

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Meet Lola, Pudgy, and Jazzy, three canine cuties that will warm your heart and make you laugh.

In Thank Dog It's Friday, Lola and her human mommy, Trisha trade bodies for a day! Can they cope with their new bodies and prevent Trisha's husband from throwing her into a mental institution?

Pugnacious introduces Pudgy, a very pugnacious pug. She takes her job in a dog bakery v
Kindle Edition
Published April 14th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Dog Tails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog Tails

Lance Greenfield
I'd like to make two things very clear before I start my review of this excellent book.

Firstly, I am NOT thick! Just because I am Irish and mixed breed, there is no requirement to stereotype me. You humans are just too quick to do that. In fact, I am a very clever border collie, springer, and various other superior breeds, cross. You can tell that I am clever, because here I am, at nine years old, writing my first ever book review.

Secondly, I have a vested interest to declare. My Dad was sent a
Janet
I am not going to rate this due to the fact, I am the authors mother. I found this to be very interesting. I had never thought too much about how our pets see us or what they are thinking. I have to say as I was reading this I could see each personality of the girls to a tee.
This book is a nice light read and will give you many lol moments. It will make you look at your pets in a whole different light.
Tara you did a great job. I am very proud of you!
Misfit
Dog Tails is a trio of short stories inspired by the author's own dogs. First up is Thank Dog It's Friday as Lola the Pekingese wakes up and finds herself trapped inside her mom's body - and mom is trapped in Lola's.

"So I did the only thing I could do. I struggled to heft all of my bulk off the bed and stood on two legs. I was going to have to be human."

That was fun and very funny. In Pugnacious we see Pudgy the crime fighting Pug as he chases down the baddie and his side kick Rot Face the Rot
Susan
Apr 12, 2011 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Animal lovers looking for a short, fun read
This collection of three short stories by new author Tara Chevrestt is a fun, quick read that animal lovers, especially dog lovers will enjoy. Can you spell anthropomorphism? Even if you can't, there is plenty of it here. All the dogs are creative extensions of the author's own dogs, her imaginings of what they could think and do, what they really think of us, their people, and each of them has plenty of attitude.

Lola, a pekingese, awakens one morning to find herself in (gasp!) a human body, and
Chrissie
This is good! It is very, very funny. This book consists of three short stories, about the author's three dogs - Lola Pekingese, Pudgy -Pug and Jazzy Japanese-Chin. Each dog has a story to tell, each in their own words.

I rarely pick up dog books, although you know how important dogs are to me. They rarely live up to my expectations so I rarely try them. I, as a rule, don't like short stories, but hey, these three had me laughing on every page. I received this book from my friend Tara Chevrestt,
Erin
Lets start by saying that I don't read a lot of animal stories so I am a little out of my element here. I also don't read collections of short stories very often. That being said, I greatly enjoyed these. The book as a whole was a light fun read that will appeal to animal lovers of all kinds.

As a pet parent I couldn't help but be entertained by each of these "tails". Chevrestt has an obvious love for her dogs but also a distinct voice that is highly entertaining. I make no exaggerations, I lite
Jerelyn
This collection of 3 short stories about the authors dogs was a lot of fun and Tara Chevrestt, shows that she is a promising young writer. I am looking forward to reading her other works.
Maghon Thomas
Ok, fist let me say that I seriously laughed out loud the whole time I read this short book! Seriously, people were looking at me. It was the most entertaining and really cute story! Each short story is from a different dog's perspective and I will say that the author also NAILED the personalities of each breed! Like seriously good! Ok, so without giving too much away, I am going to try to tell you some of my favorite goodies for each one.

Lola is a hilarious Pekingese, who happens to wake up in
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://lasrsff.blogspot.com/2012/09/d...

This author is a dog lover. She puts herself in the mind of a dog and creates cute, humorous stories that are a joy to read. If you’ve ever owned a dog, you’ll be able to relate to these “tails”.

Ms. Chevrestt has used her own dogs for inspiration to inject realism into her story. Even the fantasy story has a ring of truth. You don’t have to love dogs to read these stories, because you’ll find yourself being charmed by her pet charact
Angie Holtz
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

This is a super fast read, it's only 29 pages all together. But it's fun, all the same. There are 3 stories, each with a canine character inspired by one of the authors own furry kids.

The first tail is a body switch, and the other two are doggie run-aways. The first run-away was after her stolen cookies, the 2nd thought she was too good for her owner.

I love that each dog is so contented and happy in their own skin. They don't dream of being human and they fully live in t
Linda
"Dog Tails: Three Humorous Short Stories for Dog Lovers" by Tara Chevrestt (Kindle Version)
Have you ever wondered what your dog was thinking? The lovers of dogs know they are always plotting, thinking and wondering what their owners will do next. In this delightful collection of three short stories about Jazzy, Pudgy and Lola you will smile and realize that these dogs are a bit more human and a lot funnier than some of their human counterparts.
These stories are fun to read and I look forward to
Laura DeLuca
What if a dog switched bodies with their human? What if a little pug stood up to a thief who robbed his owner. And what would a nervous Pekinese do when she gets lost and runs into a blind old woman in need of a helping hand? All of these questions are answered in Dog Tails, a humorous trilogy of stories told from the point of view of man's, or this this case woman's, best friend. Each of these short stories is loaded with quirky humor and they are based on the very real personalities of the au ...more
Anne Johnson
Tara Chevrestt has clearly spent untold hours considering what it's like to be a dog. The short stories collected in Dog Tails are not only entertaining, but also carefully thought through. Each of the three dogs has a complete and individual personality and perspective, and each gets into a unique sort of trouble appropriate to its character. (Parents: buy this for yourself; these are decidedly not children's stories!)
Sheila
This is an okay book about 3 dogs who tell their own stories about a day with their human. It is well written, but not my type of book.
Melissa

I loved this cute little set of short stories. Such a funny and heartwarming read.
Tara
Sweet, humorous tales (not tails) for dog and animal lovers.
J.S. Marlo
Just too funny! I'll never look at my granddoggie the same way.
Jenny Q
A fun little read for dog lovers! Quick review to come...
Linda
The three stories were okay, but not great!
Dawn (& Ron)
Dec 01, 2011 Dawn (& Ron) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: animal lovers
Review in progress.
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Jj Grilliette
Jj Grilliette marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Marketa Bentley
Marketa Bentley marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Vicki Wiedinger
Vicki Wiedinger marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Tara Chevrestt is a deaf woman, aviation mechanic, and dog mom. She loves vintage clothes and period dramas and wishes she could time travel. You’ll never see her without her Kindle or a book within reach. As a child, she would often take a flashlight under the covers to finish the recent Nancy Drew novel when she was supposed to be sleeping.

She no longer writes books, but you can still read her t
More about Tara Chevrestt...
Love Request HerStory: Fiction Honoring Women's History Month Ride for Rights Maiden Behind the Mask Plotting to Win