Start by marking “Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love” as Want to Read:
Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love

Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love

Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love [ Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love by Pinto, Dan ( Author ) Hardcover Nov- 2011 ] Hardcover Nov- 22- 2011
Published November 22nd 2011 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Hedgehug, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hedgehug

Dan Pinto
Apr 16, 2011 Dan Pinto rated it it was amazing
I liked it but, then again, I'm biased.
Emily
Who is the perfect soul-mate for a hedgehog (besides another hedgehog)? Find out in this creatively brilliant book.
Keri Payton
All Hedgehug wants to do is give his heart to someone on Valentine's Day. Can he find a critter who is willing to see past his prickly exterior?

This wasn't the only ouchy hug book on the Valentine's display but I'm partial to hedgehogs over porcupines. It's written in prose rather than rhyme, which is better received by editors these days, who can find rhyming irritable. Even without the book before me now, it has made a definite impression.

Dan Pinto's imagery is warm and compelling, not too bri
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
All little Hedgehug wants to do is find someone who he can give his Valentine card to as well as his little heart. Try as hard as he might, no one finds his spikes lovable, cuddly or even huggable. By the end of the day Hedgehug gets his hopes up and heads home to deal with his broken heart, that is until someone surprises him with a Valentine's of his own. I love that Hedgehug gets his happy ending from someone who "likes his spikes." This is a cute Valentine's day read that's the just the ...more
Bonnie
Jan 21, 2012 Bonnie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
It's a bit early for Valentine's Day, but I had to pick another book to read at storytime. I saw this on the shelf and it caught my eye (probably because it was pink).

This is an adorable and very sweet story which deals with Hedgehug the (you guessed it!) hedgehog. Poor Hedgehug just wants to give his heart and affection to those whom he meets, but is rejected time and again, until someone finally accepts him and loves him for who he is. It's a simple and cute story, but contains within a good l
Sonja Isaacson
Feb 23, 2012 Sonja Isaacson rated it it was amazing
Maybe because it's about a hedgehug. They really are super cute. Maybe because it's about a broken heart. And also that there is a match for everyone. It was cute. My boss liked it too. I did have to talk with the girls and make sure they understood why the hedgehog had some problems and why the final character was indeed a good match. And yes, the 5yo did understand.
jacky
Jan 19, 2016 jacky rated it liked it
Cute name and sweet ending. But Hedgehug hurts complete strangers and the story is designed for us to feel bad for him not getting his love at first sight. Did not like that my 6 year olds reaction was that the female animals were mean.
Linda
Jan 09, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
All the cute but prickly hedgehog wants to do is give someone his heart and fall in love on Valentines’ Day. He goes about it in a cute, but socially clumsy way, and is rejected. But love does finally find it’s way to Hedgehug.
Ashley
Mar 01, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
All Hedgehug wanted for Valentine's Day was to give someone his heart. Unfortunately he's rather prickly and that has a tendency to get in the way of things.

A cute story and a fun addition to any Valentine's display.
Shelli
Aug 12, 2016 Shelli rated it really liked it
Hedgehug is looking for a special friend to share his heart and a hug with on Valentines Day. However, being a spiky guy can have its disadvantages. Hedgehug keeps looking for love in all the wrong places. There is a mate for every shoe so keep looking Hedgehug!
Anisa Onofre
Jan 15, 2014 Anisa Onofre rated it it was amazing
Maya gave this book 5 stars because she liked the use of bathump-bathump-bathump-bathump to indicate Hedgehug's beating heart.
Tam
Jul 21, 2014 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: valentines-day
This book was okay. It has a happy ending but I'm not sure young children (which is what this book is aimed at) need to know about such heartbreak first.
Desiree
Cute story about giving your heart to the right person. A bit of a strange topic for children. However, may help with addressing the "nobody wants to be my friend" issue.
Beth
Feb 13, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
I bought this book yesterday to read to K-2 to celebrate Valentines Day. I never realized how few V-Day themed books thier are. Very cute story with unique illustrations.
Elisabeth
Jan 04, 2012 Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
I liked this little guy. Not great size for storytime - but still might make a good read aloud. Will try it.
Amelia Osterud
Amelia Osterud rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2016
Elisha Karr
Elisha Karr rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Jessi
Jessi rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Deatrice
Deatrice rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2015
The Styling Librarian
Adorable picture book. Really reminded me of Porcupining by Lisa Wheeler.
Richey Family
Richey Family rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Sage
Sage rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Tracey
Tracey rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Denita
Denita rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Trae Brookins
Trae Brookins rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012