Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress (Gentlemen of Fortune, #3)

Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress (Gentlemen of Fortune #3)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Betrayed by his first wife, Simon Grimshaw won't marry again. But sultry nights in Singapore can be lonely—nothing a beautiful English mistress wouldn't fix!

Bethan Conway answers an advert to become a wife, believing it will help her secret search for her missing brother. But Simon isn't the ugly old man she was expecting. He's a hot-blooded bachelor who wants a woman in h

Published (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted

Lady Jaye
I borrowed this book because the title suggested a very interesting story; I mean, I’ve read stories about mai-order brides, but never one about mail-order mistresses, or the reasons why anyone would want a mail-order mistress/to be one. Unfortunately, I was not enamored of the story that enfolded.
In a nutshell, the story is mostly one whole big misunderstanding. She thinks she is going to be a bride, he has ordered a mistress and thinks he’s getting one. Bethan, our heroine , is not one of the...more
Sara Hubbard
Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress is the story about Beth Conway, a young Welsh woman who responds to a want-ad for a man in Singapore who seeks a mistress. Unfortunately, Beth’s English is imperfect, and she agrees to the union while under the assumption that the bachelor is seeking a bride. But, our heroine has another--hidden--motive for accepting: her brother is missing, and Singapore was his last known destination.

Deborah Hale does not fail to keep my attention in this historical love story. The...more
Donna Alward
Hale's latest is a lovely historical in an unusual setting: Singapore. It's a wonderful story and the last of her Gentlemen of Fortune miniseries. The best part for me? The utterly gorgeous use of sensory detail. When the heroine arrives, the reader arrives with her and experiences all of the firsts - the scents, sounds and tastes of an exotic, foreign land. It made for an enchanting read that was just a little bit different from my usual fare.

Deborah Hale never disappoints. She always delivers...more
Tonileg
Bethan Conway is naive from a small Welsh village and is on a great voyage to find her brother Hugh who was lost in a mutiny in the South East Asia. She agrees to become a mistress to a rich man in Singapore, Mr. Simon Grimshaw who is the third and final partner in the Vindicara Trading company made up of English men looking for a fortune and adventure. Only problem is that Bethan doesn't understand English very well and believes that she is going to Singapore to become a wife and 'mistress' of...more
Hamy
Quand Bethan quitte son pays pour se marier avec un homme d'affaires, Simon Grimshaw, qu'elle ne connait pas, pensant bien évidemment retrouver un vieil homme bedonnant et non un homme dans toute sa splendeur , viril et d'une beauté à en couper le souffle, elle ne se doute pas une seconde que sa vie va changer au plus haut point. Mais si elle a accepté de venir vivre à ses cotés à Singapour, c'est avec une idée bien précise, retrouver son frère qui a disparu.

Quant à Grimshaw, c'est d'une maître...more
Cristina Contilli
"La fiducia deve essere reciproca. Per quanto mi sia stato difficile, vi ho concesso più fiducia che a qualunque altra donna. Voi invece non vi siete fidata di me. Se siete disposta a raccontarmi la verità adesso , forse il nostro futuro insieme può ancora realizzarsi. A voi la scelta."

"Ho capito che il vero amore non è fatto per navigare sempre con il vento in poppa, perché la vita non è mai codì. Ci saranno strepiti, pirati e ammutinamenti, ma se noi continueremo a navigare senza abbandonare...more
Gail
Heroine was hired in England to be the hero's mistress. Only she's Welsh, her English isn't that good, and she thinks she's been recruited to be his wife. He doesn't intend to marry again, because his first wife betrayed him. Oh, and all this takes place in Singapore soon after the city's established. She agreed to come to Singapore to hunt for her brother who was apparently accused of mutiny. Then there's the hero's daughter, who looks a lot like her mother, and who the hero doesn't quite know...more
Nicole Laverdure
I originally read this book in French!
Wanted : Mail-Order Mistress by Deborah Hale
Third part of this trilogy "Gentlemen of Fortune series"
This book tells the story of Bethan and Simon, a handsome and virile man.
This story takes place in Singapore! This is a beautiful romantic story featuring two characters who find love ...... You enjoy every minute with the perfect gentleman and charming Simon Bethan. I loved the characters and their relationships and I really enjoyed the time period of this...more
Artemissia
Cela faisait un bon moment que je n'avais pas lu d'Historique de chez Harlequin et j'avoue que ma surprise est grande et bonne.

J'ai passé un très bon moment en compagnie des deux héros. L'histoire y est sexy, sympathique avec autant d’imbroglios et de rebondissements qui vous captivera jusqu'à la fin ^^.

Si vous aimez ce style, c'est à découvrir !

Ma chronique : http://twilight-fascination.com/2013/...
Kbee
Third in a series. Didn't read #1 though. But this one was as good as the second book. Very much like they way she writes. Fast easy read her stories are really good. They really are love stories sweet & tender that brings a tear or two. But they need editing a bit.

On kindle but don't know when it got there...or how.
Amy Sabatka
This was a good time-passer, but not a re-read kind of story. I liked the characters and the setting. The plot was a bit uneven and cadence was off occasionally.
Mare
Cute finale for this series, here Simon Grimshaw wants an English mistress but Bethan Conway answers thinking the ad is for a wife; but most importantly she wants to get to Singapore to look for her missing brother. Quite a few misunderstandings as they both are trying to keep their own secrets… a good read.
❥ Azzurra
Che fatica immane, non ne potevo più...lo giuro. :P
Mi dispiace perchè la Hale scrive bene, ma gli ultimi due romanzi di questa serie mi hanno abbattuto psicologicamente. XD
Spero si riprenda nei prossimi, o spero di riprendermi io quel tanto da farmeli vedere in una luce un pò più favorevole.
Jarizona
Sep 22, 2011 Jarizona rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those that love a good story
I enjoy these stories. I like the way the h/h interact. You like both of them and understand the confusion and cheer when they get together. I don't like stories where either of the folks are real hard cases for the sake of acting an a**.
Donna Jo Atwood
This is pretty standard fare. The worst thing about it is the cover dress does not fit the time period of the book. That tends to drive me fairly wild.
Shalon
Jack Sparrow "Clearly you have never been to Singapore." something that just ran though my mind while reading this one...
Kim
cute. Simon wants a mistress. Bethan gets sent to him thinking he wants a wife - and Simon wants HER.
Aparna
Romina
I prefer the mail order bride stories from the old West... much more endearing.
Kelly Boyce
Deborah Hale never fails to provide a great read with characters to love!
Harlequin Historical
Marie92
Marie92 marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Asma Mighri
Asma Mighri marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Historical)
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2)
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • The Viscount and the Virgin (Regency Silk & Scandal, #5)
  • The Accidental Princess (Accidental, #3)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • The Mercenary's Bride
  • Rancher Wants a Wife (Mail-Order Weddings, #1)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
The Wizard's Ward (Umbria, #1) The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2) Beauty and the Baron Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2) The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)