Start by marking “Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)
Open Preview read excerpt

Time Between Us (Time Between Us #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  6,525 ratings  ·  1,082 reviews
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs,
Published October 9th 2012 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Time Between Us, please sign up.

Thea the writer already said there will be only this two books! If you haven't read "The time travereler's wife" https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... I…morethe writer already said there will be only this two books! If you haven't read "The time travereler's wife" https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... I can only recommend it to you. Maybe you'll enjoy "Timeless" too. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...(less)

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 23, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a sweet and straight-forward love story without all of the ridiculousness.

4.5 stars. If you put The Time Traveler's Wife, The Lake House, and The Butterfly Effect into a blender with an extra helping of sweetness, you'd come out with something similar to Time Between Us.
If only we were separated by this distance. But we're not. We're separated by this distance plus seventeen years.

Funny thing is, I wasn't a huge fan of Time Traveler's Wife, yet I still loved Time Between Us. It was just what I'd been looking for in YA/NA contemporaries ever since reading Anna and t
Katy
This book received SO many raving reviews, and I feel like I'm the odd one out. But to sum it all up, I just didn't get it. I think this book had a lot of potential, but there were just too many holes and inconsistencies.

Out of all the young adult time travel books I have read, I think this book impressed me the least. And you know that a book is unmemorable when you sit down to write a review a few days later, and you have already forgotten a lot of what you have read.

Since I'm not sure how muc
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
4.5 out of 5 stars

One of the most gorgeous romances I've read in 2012.

Summary: Anna is a 16-year old living in Evanston, Illinois in 1996. Bennett is a 16-year old time-traveler who exists in San Francisco in 2012. At the beginning of the novel, a woman (whom we can easily presume is 32-year old Anna) goes to Bennett in San Francisco and gives him a letter. As you can already tell, this is a love that will be fraught with problems.

Anna and Bennett meet for the first time in 1996 when she sees
Stacee
In my opinion, an excellent time travel book that didn't have me confused with the "when" in the story. There wasn't a time stamp before each chapter started, there weren't 473957292 versions of the main characters floating around.

There was an amazingly swoony boy and the girl he absolutely adores. And it was phenomenal.

Also? Dibs on Bennett. :D
Molli Moran

Have you ever read a book that filled something inside you that you didn't even know was empty, opened your eyes to aspects of your own life that needed reexamining? Have you ever sat for long moments after finishing a book, letting the emotions it brought to your surface swell inside you until they crash over you, like a wave? Have you ever missed the characters you were reading about, because they meant so much to you? If so, then you know what my experience reading Time Between Us was like.
Ariana

If you are an avid reader you know that there are some books that call for you. Books that you see on the selves of some library or someplace on the Internet and they try to seduce you, they creep into your mind and you feel compelled to get them.

I felt the same about this book. I saw the beautiful cover and I knew that I had to have this book, I read the description and I knew that I needed to read it.

To be completely honest, I had 2 previous attempts to start it before I finally read it from
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

UPDATE: 11/7/2012

The author messaged me on Amazon letting me know there IS going to be a second book with the SAME characters!!! I am upping my rating to a 4 star from 3 star rating because she said my questions will be answered!

10/2012 Review

Okay here is my dilemma. I wanted to LOVE this book, I love the idea of time traveling and falling in love with someone from the future (or the past for Bennett’s case), and being with someone who you weren’
Anna runs at the track at Northwestern every morning. One morning she sees a guy smiling and watching her and then when she turns around he is gone. That guy happens to be the new boy at school Bennett. Strange thing is he swears he has never been to Northwestern and wasn't watching her. Anna knows she saw him and swears he recognizes her name but keeps pushing her away. Bennett runs hot and cold but Anna feels very drawn to him.

While working in the book store Anna is held at knife point and the
Cynn

Primero y principal, al leer la sinopsis, me hizo acordar mucho a la historia de "The time traveler's wife" pero no, a pesar de algunas cuestiones es una historia totalmente diferente. Ésta es la historia de dos personas que no tenían que conocerse . Ahora, comencemos...

En Time Between Us nos encontramos con la historia de Anna Greene,una atleta,hija única que sueña con conocer el mundo. Todas las mañanas, antes de irse al instituto,sale a correr por entretenimiento. Un día de invierno, ve a un
Jasprit
Time Between Us was a gorgeously written story that deals with falling in love, making choices and if we decide to choose things differently how would this end up affecting our lives in a major way? I’m probably not making much sense right now as I’ve just finished reading the last page of this gem of a book, but in Time Between Us Tamara Ireland Stone develops a sweet relationship between two characters and sprinkles it with a special time travel twist.

Time Between Us went way beyond what I wa
Arlene
Time Between Us is a refreshingly unique love story that falls into a YA sub-genre rarely ventured by authors in this space. I’ve had the opportunity to read a few time travel books, and have enjoyed them quite a bit. However, to find one in my preferred YA genre is definitely an exception. It seems to be a sub-genre that YA authors choose not to tackle, so when I came across Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone; I was excited to dive right in. I truly enjoyed this book and found it both matc ...more
Leigh Collazo

More reviews from Mrs. ReaderPants.

REVIEW: Sigh. With all the glowing reviews I've seen on Goodreads, I had high hopes for this one. Poorly-paced with boring characters and plenty of melodrama, Time Between Us was "okay" at best and royally irritating at worst. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it, either. I thought about abandoning it several times, but I stuck it out because of the glowing reviews. If you are currently reading it and love it, then please carry on and ignore my review.
Anna
More of my reviews can be found on my blog: Literary Exploration

When I first found out about Time Between Us I was so excited. Not only is the main character's name, Anna (like me!!), but time travel?! Yes please! I've even had the pleasure of meeting Tamara at a few local events, since she's a local author, so I was incredibly excited to dive in. Not only are the characters amazingly real, but the story itself is breathtaking. It definitely reminded me of The Time Traveler's Wife which is one o
Laura YA indie princess
What happens if you meet and fell in love with a boy who you should have never meet?????
Anna and Bennett where never surppose to meet she is Sixteen living in Chicago in 1995. He is Seventeen living in San Fancissco in 2012.

Anna and Bennett's story is a pure pleasure to read. Tamara Ireland Stone hooked me in to her amazing time traveling love story and broke my heart within the first three pages and I didn't stop reading til the end.

The relonship between Anna and Bennett is touching and shows h
Jaime Arkin
4.5 stars!!

I can admit it... I haven't really read a lot of time travel books, so I was a bit leery going into this. I don't know what I was thinking. I absolutely loved it.

Anna lives in 1995 in Chicago.

Bennett lives in 2012 in San Francisco.

They were never supposed to meet.

Bennett has an incredible ability to travel through time. There are a few catches to the whole process, but as long as he stays within the years he's been alive, he's never had any trouble, and I thought this was a wonderfu
The Bumble Girl {Margie}
Such an original and believable time-travel-love story!

Bennett travels through time, and usually he does it for fum. But this time, there is a reason he has to go back, and ends up in Anna's time. As much as he tries to stay away, tries to remain unnoticed by all so he doesn't disturb "history", is there a possibility that things happened for a reason? Was he meant to come here? To meet her?
Anna goes to a private school where everyone is the majority of the students are privileged own cars and
Aria (The Whimsical Reader)
"I don't think I can go back to a life without you."
My face goes blank and I just stare at him. " What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...I'm completely in love with you. And...I'm wondering...what if I didn't leave, after all?

Loving someone from a distance is hard.
What's even harder is when distance is not the only thing that is keeping you apart.
But also TIME.

Anna was not expecting to meet the guy she saw at the track on one of her classes.
Bennett was the new boy at school and she was positive that
My extended review is on Clear Eyes, Full Shelves - http://cleareyesfullshelves.com/blog/...

So, I'm definitely onboard for the sequel, because there's something that sucks you in with this story. It's engaging and definitely entertaining and twisty regarding the plot.

HOWEVER...

The is much in this story that's problematic:

1) The time-travel aspect is weaksauce. There are few "rules" to the time travel beyond that it's a bad idea to alter the past and that you can only travel within your own life
Emily Hainsworth
I want to time travel to 2012 just so I can squee with more people about TIME BETWEEN US! It's a sweet romantic journey perfect for curling up with under the covers and losing yourself. In full disclosure, I am friends with Tamara Ireland Stone, but that simply gives me another reason to love her book even more!

Anna Greene has dreamed of traveling her whole life, but she's barely left the borders of her home state, Illinois. She knows there's something mysterious about Bennett Cooper when she m
Kari

I have't read The Time Travelers Wife but I imagine this book has some connective threads. I don't have time to write a full review now, but let's just say I've gone back to re-read the last chapter a couple times already and that I think that Bennett is going on my list of YA Boys That I Love (along with Four from DIVERGENT/INSURGENT and Cash from SHUT OUT). :-)
Wendy Darling
I quite liked this one. Review to come.
Chelsey

This was, hands down, my favorite book this year! If nothing better comes along from now until the end of December then this book with be my choice of the year for 2012! I do not make these types of statements lightly; it takes a fantastic book to blow me away like this! I have found an author who is worthy of this award. After I had finished reading the book I just held it in my hands and thought to myself, “This was a phenomenal book!” In fact, I am still thinking about Anna and Bennett’s stor
EsmeButterfly
El tiempo entre nosotros cuenta una historia realmente bonita, original y amena. Una lectura más que recomendable para los amantes de los romances tiernos y de los viajes en el tiempo. En ocasiones la autora ha conseguido tocar mi fibra sensible -creo que la mía lo es demasiado- y emocionarme. El final me ha parecido un poco precipitado, pero al fin y al cabo, la historia ha terminado tal y como esperaba. Lo que me ha sorprendido es saber que la autora está escribiendo una continuación de esta h ...more
Mari - loves to read
Jul 26, 2011 Mari - loves to read marked it as wishlist
The Time Traveler's wife for young adults?
Mafi
Perfeitamente consciente do que a história se tratava, foi com alguma ansiedade mas também receio que iniciei a leitura de uma das mais recentes apostas da ASA. Ansiedade por me deparar com tão boas opiniões que captaram ainda mais o interesse por esta obra e receio por ter lido já outros livros envolvendo viagens no tempo que acabaram por ser leituras bastante confusas e que me desiludiram. Contudo posso dizer que após a leitura deste romance jovem, é com grande prazer que afirmo que gostei bas ...more
Guitar Chick
Oct 14, 2011 Guitar Chick marked it as to-read
Sounds like Doctor Who to me, but I'm always up for time travel.
Mary Rose
Viajes en el tiempo.
No había leído libros que tocasen el tema de los viajes en el tiempo o, más bien, que uno de los personajes tuviera el poder de viajar por el tiempo y el espacio. La verdad que no sabía que me iba a encontrar dentro de este libro, pensé que probablemente me iba a terminar entreteniéndome no más y menos. Pero resulta ser que me encontré con una historia muy preciosa donde están centrados en las tres cosas más importantes de todas: el amor, la amistad y la familia. Me ha enca
Ana Luisa

Este é um livro fantástico, um livro no qual acabei perdida! Perdida no tempo, no espaço e nas páginas que foram rapidamente lidas e que me fizeram sonhar.
Apesar da simplicidade com que é escrito, este livro conta-nos uma história mágica e de uma forma quase poética. Não foi preciso percorrer muito da história para me ver enredada nas teias que a autora foi tecendo de uma forma tão perfeita que me foi deixando cada vez mais fascinada com tudo o que se ia p
Reading Teen (Andye)
I didn't read the back of this book before I started it. I didn't read a description of any kind and I'm still trying to decide if I'm happy about that, or if I wish I would have known what to expect. Because this was definitely not what I was expecting. If you've seen The Lake House, that's basically what I thought this book was going to be, but it was completely different. (Okay, maybe not completely different, they're still two people from two different times, but it was different-er than I ...more
Caryn Caldwell
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to fall in love. She lives in 1995 Illinois. He lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett possesses the ability to travel in place and time by simply closing his eyes and making a wish. When he shows up at Anna's high school on a mysterious errand, the attraction between them is too strong to ignore. But he's never stayed in one place or time so long, and their relationship is doomed to failure unless they can figure out how to take control of the time between ...more
Time travel/first love 5 22 Dec 04, 2014 04:40PM
  • Through to You
  • Touching the Surface
  • League of Strays
  • Blind Spot
  • My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
  •  Death of a Kleptomaniac
  • Send Me a Sign
  • Velveteen
  • Who I Kissed
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Cybernetic
  • The Innocents (The Innocents, #1)
  • So Close to You (So Close to You, #1)
  • Reunited
  • When the Sea Is Rising Red (Hobverse #1)
  • Fall to Pieces
  • Don't You Wish
  • When You Were Mine
TAMARA IRELAND STONE is the author of Time After Time and Time Between Us, which has been published in over twenty countries to widespread acclaim, and hailed as "an exciting debut novel" by Booklist and "a warm, time bending romance" by Publishers Weekly. It has been optioned for film by CBS Films.

Her next novel, Every Last Word, is about a teen girl with OCD who's hiding part of herself from the
More about Tamara Ireland Stone...
Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2) Every Last Word AWAY - Il nostro amore oltre il tempo

“I, for one, am ready for a lot more adventure and a lot less nothing.” 51 likes
“I don’t stay anywhere. I visit. I observe. I leave. I don’t ever stay.”

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with this information. Tell him to leave? Tell him to stay? But I don’t have time to consider any other alternatives, because he scoots in closer and brings his hands to my face, and I fall back into the bookcase as he kisses me with this intensity—like he wants to be here, and if he kisses me just long enough, deeply enough, none of what he just said will actually be true.”
25 likes