Start by marking “Print & Stamp Lab” as Want to Read:
Print & Stamp Lab

Print & Stamp Lab

Artist and popular workshop instructor Traci Bunkers can turn just about anything into an interesting stamp, printing block, or tool. In this book, she shows readers how to see overlooked, everyday objects in a new way, and how to MacGyver them into easy to use printing blocks and tools. Readers learn to create 52 print blocks and stamp tools, all from inexpensive, ordinar ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Print & Stamp Lab, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Print & Stamp Lab

Chris
Good book about using things from around the house and (mostly) inexpensive items from the dollar store for art mark making.
liberal sprinkles
This is a brilliant book to get ideas for what to use to make your own stamping and printing tools. Traci Bunkers sees potential in ordinary, cheap materials - many of which can be found in most households - and creates very cool things out of them. I read a lot of craft and art blogs but still found many refreshing ideas, like garden keeling cushion, drain strainer, pill dispenser and pipe insulation. One thing's for sure: I will never look at anything in my home the same way again; my rubber b ...more
liberal sprinkles
LA Smith
Mar 10, 2011 LA Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this excellent book a while back on Amazon.com & decided to share my thoughts here as well.

"One of my superpowers is that I can turn just about anything into an interesting stamp, printing block, or tool," writes Traci Bunkers, author of this thoroughly enjoyable and highly creative how-to manual that lays out cool printmaking projects for every week in the year. Each project comes with clear instructions, detailed materials lists, well photographed examples, and expert tips. Perh
Ami
Mar 06, 2013 Ami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Excellent, inspiring book for making your own patterned surfaces using stamps or other print-making tools. I love the way the book is set up, giving a very basic breakdown of materials and specific ways of using them for those of us who are starting at square one, and yet leaving lots of room for trying your own thing to see what works best for you. I really like this author/artist. Would totally recommend to folks who like making art.
Deborah
Jun 02, 2010 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is broken into four sections: printing blocks & stamps, using moldable foam, rollers, and stencils. Traci Bunkers uses everyday objects in her projects - "upcycling." I have new respect for those foamy kits I've got laying all over for my kids.

I think she's very creative and reading through the projects got me itching to try them. This book will be a fantastic resource and source of inspiration.
Sonya
May 27, 2013 Sonya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ideas for making tools and created neat printed papers/gifts. I thought it was more of a stamp carving book and while I got some good money saving ideas like cutting up kneeling cushions, and flip flops, etc. which I intend to do; I wanted more specific ideas and learning sessions on how to carve and make the stamps not the tools. I misunderstood what the book was and may have ordered the wrong book. I like this series of books and have rave reviews about all of them.
Jillian
Jul 25, 2011 Jillian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: printing
Really cool ideas for how to stamp with recycled materials but wow, this book is poorly edited. Pages 16 and 17 have the EXACT same info., word for word. Someone screwed up at the printers, haha. Also, I was frustrated that the author advocated acrylic vs. less toxic ink but overall an inspiring craft book.
Amoreena
Nov 01, 2015 Amoreena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art-books
I love the lab series and this is one of my favorites. The techniques in the book will be applicable by a wide variety of ages, although I think it is best suited to a new printmaker or elementary aged students. There are many easy-to-do techniques that can be incorporated into mixed media art or used alone.
Zombie Karin
A how-to book of 52 ways to print, using materials from around the house and the local dollar/hardware store. Nothing mind-blowing in the detailed ideas, but I can see how the techniques could be translated into something I'd be more interested in. More of a flip-through than a follow-along-how-to for me.

Jul 31, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm on the lookout for original technique books, and this one had me scouring each and every page. Who knew that a heat gun, foam marshmallows and paper clips could do THAT?!?!?!?!?!? A definite must-have. Really gets the wheels turning!
Jul 23, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome resource!
Charlou Lunsford
Sep 09, 2012 Charlou Lunsford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Great, simple, doable ideas. Not just how to make the stamps, how to use them to create great patterns.
Tammy
Nov 04, 2010 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: creativity
After reading this, I went straight to the hardware store for stamping fodder. Really cool ideas, well photographed.
Cheryl
Sep 05, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Got this book from the library. I may have to buy it. It was loaded with fresh ideas on how to make your own stamping, stenciling and printing tools.
Deanna
Oct 27, 2010 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafty-books
Lots of great ideas! I will be adapting some of these techniques to fabric printing. I'm excited to try some of them.
Cmeiss330
Aug 06, 2016 Cmeiss330 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cool and unique ideas!
Cameo
Cameo rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2011
Connie
Connie rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Natasha
Natasha rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Pam Barone
Pam Barone rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Willow
Willow rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2012
Helen Rasmussen
Helen Rasmussen rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Shelby
Shelby rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Sher
Sher rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Christina Kionka
Christina Kionka rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Lea Daugherty
Lea Daugherty rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »