Bingsop's Fables: Little Morals for Big Business

Bingsop's Fables: Little Morals for Big Business

2.15 of 5 stars 2.15  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For more than twenty years, Stanley Bing has peerlessly explained corporate culture and strategy with wit and insight. Now he brings us this engaging and instructive book of white-collar fables that have charmed generations of businesspeople since Greece was glorious and Rome was grand, brilliant gems of wisdom flowing from the pen of the mysterious, legendary author known...more
Published April 26th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books

To ask other readers questions about Bingsop's Fables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bingsop's Fables

Kent
The moral of this story is: too much Bing is not a good thing! Once every two weeks in Fortune magazine is okay and occasionally even funny. All at once, not so much.
Wellington

So, my daughter has trouble sleeping and I was stuck with just this book to read. It was a REALLY long night ...

The cover got my attention while perusing through the new book section. Mostly, while reading the book, everything went over my head. Or under my feet. Or something.

It was filled with two to four page short stories finding humor in corporate life. I work in the corporate world ... surely, some of these corporate jokes would tickle a funny bone once in a while.

Nope, sorry.

Doris
May 11, 2012 Doris rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone totally bored
This was a really great idea, using Aesop's Fables to mimic real modern corporate life and give us some metaphorical food for thought. Unfortunately, it managed to poke fun at many aspects of the work place without giving too much in the way of true moral value. Blah.
Jeri
This book is supposed to be a humorous take on big business. Some of the morals were funny, but most were actually sad in my view. It was an interesting way to present his ideas.
Seamus
The stories were mostly forced, not interesting, and even less entertaining
Junaid Noor
Very cleverly written piece of humor and sarcasm.
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Jake Little
Jake Little marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Jane
Jane added it
Aug 16, 2013
Dakiana
Dakiana marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Jacob Duchaine
Jacob Duchaine marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Istiaq
Istiaq marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2012
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Stefan
Stefan marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2011
Derek Jordan
Derek Jordan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2011
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
What Would Machiavelli Do?: The Ends Justify the Meanness Sun Tzu Was a Sissy: Conquer Your Enemies, Promote Your Friends, and Wage the Real Art of War Rome, Inc.: The Rise and Fall of the First Multinational Corporation Throwing the Elephant: Zen and the Art of Managing Up 100 Bullshit Jobs...And How to Get Them