Start by marking “Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps” as Want to Read:
Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps

Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  753 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Thirteen thrills! Thirteen chills! Authors Bruce Coville, Jane Yolen, Laura Simms and others share their sometimes frightening, sometimes funny, but always satisfying tales - all about monsters!
Audio, 0 pages
Published November 9th 2010 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published September 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters

Jennifer McGee
The cover describes my childhood perfectly. Always in bed, under a bunch of blankets reading books that gave me the creeps! Bruce is one of my all-time favorite authors. His stories cut straight through all the seriousness of life and just entertain and tingle straight up and down your spine.
Tyler
Another of Mr. Coville's books that was checked out from the library too many times as a kid.
Erin
I loved this book as a kid!
Mary-Beth
This is a good collection of short stories about monsters. The best ones have those alarming surprise endings made so famous by O. Henry. All of Coville's collections are pretty solid if you're looking for lighthearted amusement.
Chris
While there are several good stories in here, like Uncle Joshua and the Grooglemen, the 5 stars I gave it are really based on the best short story I've ever read: Timor and the Furnace Troll.
Elijah Bowers
I really like'd this book it takes some surprising twists that i like. For example, it was crazy how the monster turned into Jack's dads and he almost made him amenable.
Michelle
A childhood favorite of mine.
Mas5thgrade2012
the scariest part was bloody mary!
Brittany
A favorite bedtime read as a child!
Tatra
I love these anthologies.
Jacob Conner
Jacob Conner marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Barbara Thornton
Barbara Thornton marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Haystack
Haystack marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Chase
Chase marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Cierre Zimmnuggets
Cierre Zimmnuggets marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Timor and the Furnace Troll 1 1 Dec 27, 2013 07:21PM
  • Attack of the Mutant (Goosebumps, #25)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones
Into the Land of the Unicorns (Unicorn Chronicles, #1) Song of the Wanderer (Unicorn Chronicles, #2) Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher (Magic Shop, #2) My Teacher is an Alien (My Teacher is an Alien, #1) William Shakespeare's: A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare Retellings, #2)