Trust In Me

Trust In Me

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When Tristan takes over for a sick employee, he runs into an old high school crush. Ten years after a summer fling with Jamie left him with a broken heart, Tristan's got a different view of it; will he push away the only man he's ever loved?
Published May 3rd 2011 by Loose Id, LLC

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
204th out of 452 books — 958 voters
Something Like Winter by Jay BellSomething Like Summer by Jay BellTurning 16 by Perie WolfordSomething Like Spring by Jay BellMaybe With a Chance of Certainty by John  Goode
Gay Romance Featuring Second Chances
113th out of 120 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

I liked this story it was very sweet, the flashback to the beginning of Tristan and Jamie's 'relationship' gave me a good feel for Tristan, and I understood his animosity towards Jamie after meeting him again 10 yrs later.
I do wish I had maybe seen a bit of their friendship before that day, since Tris says he had known him since he was 8 yrs old, that might have helped me see the quick resolution better, that there was more for them to build on. And of course I don't understand why Jamie did...more
Ami
Jenre
Tristan runs a company that sets up lighting rigs for big events. When one of his team of lighting engineers is injured, Tristan has to step in and don his overalls. At the event he meets up with Jamie Hunter, his first crush and the guy who broke his heart 10 years earlier, now a doctor and Tristan realises that the attraction between them is still strong but is overwhelmed by the hurt and bitterness of Jamie's actions 10 years earlier.

I have to admit I had a bit of a mixed response to this sto...more
Mary
Tristan is easy to like and so because you're sucked in right away, you're invested in him by the time he starts to remember his summer, thee summer, when he learned about love and loss. This is a misunderstanding that is unfortunate but not the kind where it feels trite. It's understandable how the two men lost each other because they weren't men when it happened. Both were young, Jamie the golden-boy, the football god, and Tristan the nerd who's tongue-tied over him. Their love has a slow sexy...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"

3.5 star reviwe by The Blogger Girls.

I enjoyed this sweet story about lost love, reuniting and reigniting that love. I really enjoy stories that recount first times when they are well done. The flashback early on that shows us Tristan’s first time with Jamie back when they were teens was really sweet and sexy. Unfortunately, a giant misunderstanding sends them on completely different paths that don’t cross again until some 10 years later.

This was a quick read, but it covers quite a bit of ground...more
Crystal's Many Reviewers
I personally have always been partial to the “first loves find each other again” stories, and that is what this book is about 100%. So taking that in mind you could guess that I loved this story.

While reading the story, we get to know Tristan and about his past. How his first love left him, without even a note, and he has still been wondering about it 10 years later. What did he do that caused Jamie to leave? Or was it even Tristan himself that caused Jamie to leave.

When Tristan and Jamie fin...more
Neka Marie
This is the story of having a second chance with the one who got away. . . And I LOVE stories like that. . . For one thing, we get that beautiful passion and sexual tension TWICE in the story and OMG!! The sexual tension. This book has a scene that goes down as one of my all time favorite sex scenes because the tension that leads up to it was like. . . singe your eyebrows hot. . .

Plus, Tristian's narrative is fun and enjoyable.. . His sarcasm made me laugh out loud in several places. . . And I...more
Edina Rose
Sweet romance about teenage love lost and found 10 years later. What troubled me is that the 2 characters are 10 years older but they are behaving a bit like when they were teenagers. There is an immaturity in the characters that does not fit their current age and life: they are supposed to be responsible adults, professional with big workload and lots of responsibilities. I expected a different behaviour.
A.E. Lawless
So it's been well documented that I've got a long list of things that will make me put a book down no matter what and an even longer list of things that will usually turn me off unless a story is really damned well written. First person stories are usually in the latter category. Trust In Me is one of the rare books that made me look past my usual dislike for first person writing. The pacing was excellent, the characters were very likable and there was just enough drama to keep me interested but...more
Alex
I adored Tristan. I read another review that said he just sucks you in and that's a perfect description. The entire story flows really well. Tristan and Jamie are separated by a misunderstanding after only a night together. The flashback was just the perfect length, the misunderstanding was, well.. understandable and the reunion had just enough angst without being overdone. This will definitely be one of those I reread.
Meggie
Now this was really great story, even if the plot is rather simple. I loved how Tristan expressed his hurtful emotions true his memory and with his behavior toward Jamie in present time. The story is rather sweet and ending is just "Oh Gosh..." Really Recommended story!
Rachel
This is one of my favorite type of themes to read...old high school crushes reuniting years later. I really enjoyed this and the characters. I thought it was a bit short and wrapped up the ending quickly, but I did enjoy it. Very sweet story!
Seiran
Lucy
3.5. The misunderstanding was really aggravating, because a simple phone call would have settled most of it. You love someone? You don't let them hurt for ten years.
Linda-Grace
It was ok in parts.
Chris
Good m/m romance about a guy who unexpectedly runs into the first guy he slept with, and it brings up all sorts of memories and issues for him. (I did get a titch frustrated by the Big Misunderstanding.)
Merry
This was "just good" - nothing to write home about, but an overall enjoyable read. My only complaint was the misunderstandings plot line and the ease in which things were resolved.
Nichole (Dirty H)
I can't really decide if this was cute or unbearably cheesy. But I was in the mood for an easy HEA and this fit the bill.
Wendy
This book started off slowly but ended with a bang. Took 10 years to find true love again.
Veronica / V
3.5 Stars
This story is just sweet and simple.
Raganna
Raganna marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Equilibrium (Superpowered Love, #1)
  • Maxxed Out (Inside Out #1)
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost
  • Golden Dancer
  • Razor Burn
  • Galaxy's Heart (Sutter's Bay, #3)
  • Take Me Home
  • A Weapon Of Opportunity
  • In the Red
  • Harm Reduction
  • Electric Melty Tingles
  • Long Way Home
  • Big Cypress Crossroads
  • Three Wrong Turns in the Desert (Have Body, Will Guard, #1)
  • Snapshots and Bylines (Friends to Lovers, #3)
  • The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker
  • The Lord's Tale
3320807
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her cats and husband. I'm also a secret cat.

Visit Lori's web site at http://www.loritoland.com or e-mail her at lori@loritoland.com.
More about Lori Toland...
The Replacement Guitarist (The Replacement Guitarist, #1) The Long Con (Dangerous Affairs, #1) Dangerous Submission (Dangerous Affairs, #2) Worth the Wait The Furry Matchmaker