Start by marking “Trust In Me” as Want to Read:
Trust In Me

Trust In Me

When Tristan takes over for a sick employee, he runs into an old high school crush. Ten years after a summer fling with Jamie left him with a broken heart, Tristan's got a different view of it; will he push away the only man he's ever loved?
Published May 3rd 2011 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Trust In Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust In Me

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

I liked this story it was very sweet, the flashback to the beginning of Tristan and Jamie's 'relationship' gave me a good feel for Tristan, and I understood his animosity towards Jamie after meeting him again 10 yrs later.
I do wish I had maybe seen a bit of their friendship before that day, since Tris says he had known him since he was 8 yrs old, that might have helped me see the quick resolution better, that there was more for them to build on. And of course I don't understand why Jamie did
Ami
May 04, 2011 Ami rated it liked it
Mary
Jun 06, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Tristan is easy to like and so because you're sucked in right away, you're invested in him by the time he starts to remember his summer, thee summer, when he learned about love and loss. This is a misunderstanding that is unfortunate but not the kind where it feels trite. It's understandable how the two men lost each other because they weren't men when it happened. Both were young, Jamie the golden-boy, the football god, and Tristan the nerd who's tongue-tied over him. Their love has a slow sexy ...more
Jenre
Jun 25, 2011 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
Tristan runs a company that sets up lighting rigs for big events. When one of his team of lighting engineers is injured, Tristan has to step in and don his overalls. At the event he meets up with Jamie Hunter, his first crush and the guy who broke his heart 10 years earlier, now a doctor and Tristan realises that the attraction between them is still strong but is overwhelmed by the hurt and bitterness of Jamie's actions 10 years earlier.

I have to admit I had a bit of a mixed response to this sto
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Jun 29, 2013 Crystal's Many Reviewers rated it really liked it
I personally have always been partial to the “first loves find each other again” stories, and that is what this book is about 100%. So taking that in mind you could guess that I loved this story.

While reading the story, we get to know Tristan and about his past. How his first love left him, without even a note, and he has still been wondering about it 10 years later. What did he do that caused Jamie to leave? Or was it even Tristan himself that caused Jamie to leave.

When Tristan and Jamie fin
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 17, 2014 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, bgirls

3.5 star reviwe by The Blogger Girls.

I enjoyed this sweet story about lost love, reuniting and reigniting that love. I really enjoy stories that recount first times when they are well done. The flashback early on that shows us Tristan’s first time with Jamie back when they were teens was really sweet and sexy. Unfortunately, a giant misunderstanding sends them on completely different paths that don’t cross again until some 10 years later.

This was a quick read, but it covers quite a bit of ground
Neka Marie
May 03, 2011 Neka Marie rated it it was amazing
This is the story of having a second chance with the one who got away. . . And I LOVE stories like that. . . For one thing, we get that beautiful passion and sexual tension TWICE in the story and OMG!! The sexual tension. This book has a scene that goes down as one of my all time favorite sex scenes because the tension that leads up to it was like. . . singe your eyebrows hot. . .

Plus, Tristian's narrative is fun and enjoyable.. . His sarcasm made me laugh out loud in several places. . . And I
Edina Rose
May 07, 2011 Edina Rose rated it liked it
Sweet romance about teenage love lost and found 10 years later. What troubled me is that the 2 characters are 10 years older but they are behaving a bit like when they were teenagers. There is an immaturity in the characters that does not fit their current age and life: they are supposed to be responsible adults, professional with big workload and lots of responsibilities. I expected a different behaviour.
A.E. Lawless
Oct 09, 2013 A.E. Lawless rated it really liked it
So it's been well documented that I've got a long list of things that will make me put a book down no matter what and an even longer list of things that will usually turn me off unless a story is really damned well written. First person stories are usually in the latter category. Trust In Me is one of the rare books that made me look past my usual dislike for first person writing. The pacing was excellent, the characters were very likable and there was just enough drama to keep me interested but ...more
Alex
Dec 30, 2011 Alex rated it it was amazing
I adored Tristan. I read another review that said he just sucks you in and that's a perfect description. The entire story flows really well. Tristan and Jamie are separated by a misunderstanding after only a night together. The flashback was just the perfect length, the misunderstanding was, well.. understandable and the reunion had just enough angst without being overdone. This will definitely be one of those I reread.
Meggie
May 04, 2011 Meggie rated it really liked it
Now this was really great story, even if the plot is rather simple. I loved how Tristan expressed his hurtful emotions true his memory and with his behavior toward Jamie in present time. The story is rather sweet and ending is just "Oh Gosh..." Really Recommended story!
Seiran
Rachel Emily
May 11, 2011 Rachel Emily rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite type of themes to read...old high school crushes reuniting years later. I really enjoyed this and the characters. I thought it was a bit short and wrapped up the ending quickly, but I did enjoy it. Very sweet story!
Lucy
Jul 06, 2011 Lucy rated it liked it
3.5. The misunderstanding was really aggravating, because a simple phone call would have settled most of it. You love someone? You don't let them hurt for ten years.
AliciaJ
Sep 17, 2014 AliciaJ rated it liked it
Predictable but sweet.
Chris
May 14, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
Good m/m romance about a guy who unexpectedly runs into the first guy he slept with, and it brings up all sorts of memories and issues for him. (I did get a titch frustrated by the Big Misunderstanding.)
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Aug 29, 2011 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2011
I can't really decide if this was cute or unbearably cheesy. But I was in the mood for an easy HEA and this fit the bill.
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2011
*Nan*
*Nan* rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Laure
Laure rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Adriana
Adriana rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2012
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
Doroty Ellis
Doroty Ellis rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2011
Gwen Groden
Gwen Groden rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2017
*Nan*
*Nan* rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Laura M
Laura M rated it really liked it
May 29, 2011
Maja Ivich
Maja Ivich rated it really liked it
May 15, 2013
Marcy  Shane
Marcy Shane rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Boy Next Door
  • Maxxed Out (Inside Out #1)
  • Equilibrium (Superpowered Love #1)
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost
  • Razor Burn
  • Galaxy's Heart (Sutter's Bay, #3)
  • Snapshots and Bylines (Friends to Lovers, #3)
  • A.J.'s Angel (Wilde's, #3)
  • Accidentally In Love
  • Meant For Each Other (Meant For Each Other #1)
  • Fire Season (Tales of the Darkworld, #3)
  • Colin and Martin's First Christmas (Colin and Martin, #1)
  • Ships in the Night
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • Hounded by Love
  • West, Haven
  • Mourning Heaven
  • Name of a Wolf
3320807
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her cats and husband. I'm also a secret cat.

Visit Lori's web site at http://www.loritoland.com or e-mail her at lori@loritoland.com.
More about Lori Toland...