Start by marking “The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes” as Want to Read:

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Crystal Cook and Sandy Pollock make a mean Chicken Pot Pie, elevating the classic recipe with white wine and fresh tarragon. Their recipe won them such a following in Texas that Bobby Flay took notice and challenged them to a Throwdown. It turns out that the Casserole Queens, as the duo is known, are much more than one-hit wonders of the one-dish d
Published August 23rd 2011 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about The Casserole Queens Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Casserole Queens Cookbook

Kristen
Jun 05, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it
There are problems with checking out cookbooks from the library. First, you might spill applesauce bread batter on one of the pages. This can be hard to clean off. Second, you might not want to give the book back, which means frantically writing down all the recipes you tried and loved as well as all the other recipes you wanted to try. Or the ones you might want to try some day. Sigh. I tried several of the dishes from this cookbook and renewed it twice. But alas, it is now back at the library. ...more
Lori
Aug 17, 2016 Lori rated it really liked it
Read this cook book on my kindle. Like most cook books this one is broken down in different categories. most of the recipes are casseroles. some are breakfast, others, chicken. some desserts, how to make things from scratch such as crusts, dough. and sauces. A lot of them look pretty good and not too hard to make. looking forward to trying a few of these recipe's.
Sara
May 24, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
I was waffling between four and three, because this is a cute cookbook, but it had very little to offer me. I freely admit that this is most likely because I'm already a casserole fan and I already have a large database of recipes, so most of the things in here were repeats.
There were some cool things I hadn't heard of before that I'll have to try, though. Plus, I just got an awesome blue casserole dish at the thrift store, so I've gotta christen that soon. *grin*
Worth a flip-through, at any rat
Maze Branch Oak Park Public Library
Jessica RC will lead this discussion on Sunday, March 10, 2013, 2-3pm.

Each month we'll ask you to make two recipes from a designated cookbook: we'll choose the first recipe and suggest that you make it for yourself at home; you'll choose the second and bring it to share during our discussion. We'll meet to discuss both recipes and we'll have a potluck of tasty treats! Our recipe choice is the World's Greatest Chicken Pot Pie on pages 48-49.

Note: Pearls, pumps and aprons are optional attire for
Beth Harati
Oct 22, 2011 Beth Harati rated it it was amazing
I just got back from Fox Tales Book Shoppe, our quaint little Indie bookstore. They had The Casserole Queens come for a book signing and meet & greet. These two lovely women served us their Gooey Apple Butter Cake Casserole. Now I willingly admit I am not one who likes to cook but this recipe was so delicious I bought a cookbook for myself, not to mention, several for friends & family members for Christmas gifts. Crystal and Sandy were delightful to meet. I love the cookbook because it h ...more
Jessica
Apr 09, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Comfort foodies
Recommended to Jessica by: Craft Sanity
Shelves: cooking
The Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza was a winner, and the crust was super easy to make by hand. The crab & asparagus casserole was deemed a "girl" dish but tasty nonetheless. Instructions are clear and hints for portion control, freezing and reducing calories are helpful. I can't wait to try more recipes!
BookBec
Dec 19, 2016 BookBec rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
Just not my cup of tea. All sorts of dairy, which doesn't agree with me. Some recipes made from whole food ingredients, others with cans of soup, Bisquick mix, or Crisco. I did find four recipes to try, so there should be something for everyone in here, but for me it's a short-term library book only.
Karen
Feb 28, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I don't normally rate or review cookbooks - I own too many of them - but I got this one for Christmas and I have really enjoyed it so far. The recipes and ingredients are accessibe. One or two of the recipes haven't gone over so well, but that was probably the fault of this chef, not the authors.
DeAnna Rigney
Dec 12, 2011 DeAnna Rigney rated it really liked it
Hardly any pictures (usually a no-no for me when it comes to cookbooks), but everything I tried turned out tasty. My family liked 'em all as well, and they are a picky lot. Lots of the recipes were pretty cheap to make, too.
Cherie
Sep 28, 2015 Cherie rated it liked it
I hesitantly checked this out of the library because I figured as a casserole book, it would be quite meat heavy. Well, yes, it was, but they actually highlighted vegetarian casseroles (yay!) and had some interesting sounding recipes. While most I won’t be making, a nice book.
LemontreeLime
Sep 09, 2013 LemontreeLime rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Cute and quirky. So many of the recipes in this I can't eat anymore since discovering the wheat allergy, alas. But i will try a couple of their hotdish ideas that i can get away with swapping out with safer ingredients.
Gwen
Jul 13, 2016 Gwen rated it really liked it
This Texas duo makes casseroles fun! Filled with recipes using fresh and updated ingredients to make traditional dishes (no Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup here), this cookbook elevates meatloaf and chicken pot pie way above the ordinary weeknight family dinner.
Jun 21, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
I always say that I will buy a cookbook or a pattern book if I will use at least 3 of the offerings inside. So far, I made the chicken pot pie, and it was pretty good. I will try more of the recipes and then make a more informed review.
Jan Polep
Sep 27, 2011 Jan Polep rated it did not like it
Oh for crying out loud. For those of us that are culinary challenged, this book is a waste of time. It needs scads of pictures so we know what we're shooting for. It is practically pictureless. Skip it.
Shelley
May 28, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
This book had some really cool recipes and hints. This is the kind of book that you need to buy, Just having it for two weeks check out period will not do.
Mckinley
May 21, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
There's a couple I might try.
Bethany
Aug 29, 2013 Bethany rated it did not like it
I was not impressed by any of the recipes in this cookbook - some recipes were over-complicated while others were so simple they didn't deserve to be IN a cookbook.
Monique
Jan 26, 2012 Monique rated it did not like it
Not my type of cookbook...check these casserole names out: spam casserole, corn dog casserole, frenchy toast casserole and pineapple casserole. Yea just not my style.
Leslie Jem
Aug 17, 2013 Leslie Jem rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, library
While I love the idea of this book and the recipes it contained, I'm not sure that the recipes fit my current dietary goals enough for me to put it on my "to own" list.
Feb 05, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
Fun, kitchey and full of comfort food.
Tabby Kat
Aug 12, 2012 Tabby Kat rated it really liked it

Terry
Aug 16, 2016 Terry rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
Would have loved pictures of each recipe. I may give some of the recipes a try.
Liz De Coster
Sep 16, 2013 Liz De Coster rated it liked it
Shelves: hobbies, food
A little kitschy, but the recipes look solid.
Linda
Jan 16, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Mostly rehash of old recipes
Amy
Aug 20, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fic, e-books
I will be ordering this book... I have a hard time with cookbooks on Kindle.
Beka
Feb 26, 2012 Beka rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook is mostly the same old casseroles. A few new ideas, but mostly not to my taste.
Chara
Nov 27, 2011 Chara rated it it was amazing
everything was tasty! made me a casserole lover!
Patricia Yager Delagrange
Patricia Yager Delagrange rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2017
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
  • Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen
  • Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day
  • Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Homemade Soda
  • Will It Waffle?: Bacon and Eggs to Mac 'n' Cheese, Bibimbap to Chocolate Chip Cookies--53 Irresistible, Unexpected Recipes to Make in a Waffle Iron
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever
  • Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
  • The Mac + Cheese Cookbook: 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant
  • Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking