The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Crystal Cook and Sandy Pollock make a mean Chicken Pot Pie, elevating the classic recipe with white wine and fresh tarragon. Their recipe won them such a following in Texas that Bobby Flay took notice and challenged them to a Throwdown. It turns out that the Casserole Queens, as the duo is known, are much more than one-hit wonders of the one-dish dinner. They have built an...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about The Casserole Queens Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Casserole Queens Cookbook

Mom's Island Bakens by Martha Char LoveGluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. CloverThe Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook  by Cheryl DayBarefoot Contessa Back to Basics by Ina GartenThe Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso
All-Time Favorite Cookery Books
15th out of 85 books — 22 voters
Everyday Italian by Giada De LaurentiisGiada's Kitchen by Giada De LaurentiisMastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildGordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course by Gordon Ramsay30-Minute Meals 2 by Rachael Ray
Cookbooks as seen on Television
44th out of 63 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen
There are problems with checking out cookbooks from the library. First, you might spill applesauce bread batter on one of the pages. This can be hard to clean off. Second, you might not want to give the book back, which means frantically writing down all the recipes you tried and loved as well as all the other recipes you wanted to try. Or the ones you might want to try some day. Sigh. I tried several of the dishes from this cookbook and renewed it twice. But alas, it is now back at the library....more
Maze Branch
Jessica RC will lead this discussion on Sunday, March 10, 2013, 2-3pm.

Each month we'll ask you to make two recipes from a designated cookbook: we'll choose the first recipe and suggest that you make it for yourself at home; you'll choose the second and bring it to share during our discussion. We'll meet to discuss both recipes and we'll have a potluck of tasty treats! Our recipe choice is the World's Greatest Chicken Pot Pie on pages 48-49.

Note: Pearls, pumps and aprons are optional attire for...more
Beth Harati
I just got back from Fox Tales Book Shoppe, our quaint little Indie bookstore. They had The Casserole Queens come for a book signing and meet & greet. These two lovely women served us their Gooey Apple Butter Cake Casserole. Now I willingly admit I am not one who likes to cook but this recipe was so delicious I bought a cookbook for myself, not to mention, several for friends & family members for Christmas gifts. Crystal and Sandy were delightful to meet. I love the cookbook because it h...more
Laura Scudiere
I always say that I will buy a cookbook or a pattern book if I will use at least 3 of the offerings inside. So far, I made the chicken pot pie, and it was pretty good. I will try more of the recipes and then make a more informed review.
Mckinley
There's a couple I might try.
Sara
I was waffling between four and three, because this is a cute cookbook, but it had very little to offer me. I freely admit that this is most likely because I'm already a casserole fan and I already have a large database of recipes, so most of the things in here were repeats.
There were some cool things I hadn't heard of before that I'll have to try, though. Plus, I just got an awesome blue casserole dish at the thrift store, so I've gotta christen that soon. *grin*
Worth a flip-through, at any rat...more
Fun, kitchey and full of comfort food.
Jessica
Apr 12, 2012 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Comfort foodies
Recommended to Jessica by: Craft Sanity
Shelves: cooking
The Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza was a winner, and the crust was super easy to make by hand. The crab & asparagus casserole was deemed a "girl" dish but tasty nonetheless. Instructions are clear and hints for portion control, freezing and reducing calories are helpful. I can't wait to try more recipes!
Karen
Feb 28, 2012 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I don't normally rate or review cookbooks - I own too many of them - but I got this one for Christmas and I have really enjoyed it so far. The recipes and ingredients are accessibe. One or two of the recipes haven't gone over so well, but that was probably the fault of this chef, not the authors.
DeAnna Rigney
Hardly any pictures (usually a no-no for me when it comes to cookbooks), but everything I tried turned out tasty. My family liked 'em all as well, and they are a picky lot. Lots of the recipes were pretty cheap to make, too.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Cute and quirky. So many of the recipes in this I can't eat anymore since discovering the wheat allergy, alas. But i will try a couple of their hotdish ideas that i can get away with swapping out with safer ingredients.
Jan Polep
Oh for crying out loud. For those of us that are culinary challenged, this book is a waste of time. It needs scads of pictures so we know what we're shooting for. It is practically pictureless. Skip it.
Monique
Not my type of cookbook...check these casserole names out: spam casserole, corn dog casserole, frenchy toast casserole and pineapple casserole. Yea just not my style.
Bethany
I was not impressed by any of the recipes in this cookbook - some recipes were over-complicated while others were so simple they didn't deserve to be IN a cookbook.
Leslie Jem
While I love the idea of this book and the recipes it contained, I'm not sure that the recipes fit my current dietary goals enough for me to put it on my "to own" list.
Shelley
This book had some really cool recipes and hints. This is the kind of book that you need to buy, Just having it for two weeks check out period will not do.
Beka
This cookbook is mostly the same old casseroles. A few new ideas, but mostly not to my taste.
Amy
I will be ordering this book... I have a hard time with cookbooks on Kindle.
Chara
everything was tasty! made me a casserole lover!
Liz DeCoster
A little kitschy, but the recipes look solid.
Ali Cox
Ali Cox marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Casserole Queens Make-a-Meal Cookbook: Mix and Match 100 Casseroles, Salads, Sides, and Desserts