Start by marking “Way to Go: Two of the World's Great Motorcycle Journeys” as Want to Read:
Way to Go: Two of the World's Great Motorcycle Journeys

Way to Go: Two of the World's Great Motorcycle Journeys

Way to Go brings together two epic motorcycle journeys, from Belfast to Delhi on a loyal Enfield, and from Chicago to LA on a Harley Davidson. A thoughtful, hilarious, off-beat adventure story by award-winning travel journalist Geoff Hill.
Published December 1st 2005 by Blackstaff Press (first published April 4th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Way to Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Way to Go

Pete
May 13, 2017 Pete rated it liked it
Part one of the book was quite good; an interesting ride from Delhi to Belfast on a Royal Enfield that was manufactured in India. Part two of the book covered a ride on Route 66, from Chicago to LA, on a Harley, a story that was uninspiring and spoilt by the introduction of an imaginary rabbit on the pillion seat. Only recommended if you stop after part one.
Greg
Sep 03, 2012 Greg rated it really liked it
Non-fiction, but definitely humorous. Geoff Hill is a newspaper humorist in the UK, and his experience comes through Way to Go. He had me chuckling often, partly because I have experienced some of what he did on two wheels, but hadn't quite seen the humor in it at the time. Like another reviewer, I thought the first of his two accounts was better than the second. I began to think that he might have a little chip on his shoulder about the U.S. and its culture...that came through in the occasional ...more
Turi
Apr 24, 2008 Turi rated it liked it
Shelves: travel, motorcycle
OK, so I enjoyed Geoff Hill's book The Road to Gobbler's Knob enough that I had to go back and read his previous book, Way To Go. In this one, he covers two different trips, the first from India back to Ireland on an Enfield, the second along Route 66 on a Harley. I definitely enjoyed the description of the first trip more than the second, possibly just because it was more exotic. Also, there wasn't as much complaining about loss fo local color in the American landscape. Still he's fun to read, ...more
Julie
Jun 10, 2013 Julie rated it it was ok
Well that's a few hours of my life I'll never get back lol. Am sure he had a great story to tell but unfortunately I didn't like the way he told it, especially the second part.
Jem Wilton
Dec 17, 2016 Jem Wilton rated it really liked it
Wonderful turn of phrase... lovely book... only not a five cause of American bit tacked on at end
Jeremy Kroeker
Dec 09, 2014 Jeremy Kroeker rated it it was amazing
Geoff Hill writes with wonderful humour, insight, and sharp observation. This is an easy read and, just like the author's motorcycle journeys, the book is over too soon.
D F ALLEN
D F ALLEN rated it really liked it
May 01, 2017
Mark Campbell
Mark Campbell rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2012
brian trask
brian trask rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Sukumar Panda
Sukumar Panda rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Ramiro
Ramiro rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2009
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2013
mike buchan
mike buchan rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Dellybelly
Dellybelly rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2007
Christopher A Varley
Christopher A Varley rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Hobs
Hobs rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Arthur
Arthur rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
D
D rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Karena
Karena rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
Norman
Norman rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Beau Bethard
Beau Bethard rated it liked it
May 07, 2015
Johnny Duncan
Johnny Duncan rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
James Laurence
James Laurence rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Darren Hemmings
Darren Hemmings rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Sue Stevenson
Sue Stevenson rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
Niallmaccarthy
Niallmaccarthy rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Brad Davis
Brad Davis rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015