Start by marking “Der magische Zirkel - Der Verrat (The Secret Circle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Der magische Zirkel - Der Verrat (The Secret Circle, #2)

Der magische Zirkel - Der Verrat (The Secret Circle #2)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  8,336 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
Can the Secret Circle survive...

Or will the dark struggle of good, evil, and tormented love consume them all...?

Lured into the most popular in-crowd imaginable, Cassie is intoxicated by her newfound strength, a power as addictive as it is perilous.

Caught between two members' consuming desires to use the coven's mysterious force, Cassie turns to one of their boyfriends, Ada
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Der magische Zirkel - Der Verrat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Der magische Zirkel - Der Verrat

Ahmad Sharabiani
Jan 15, 2016 Ahmad Sharabiani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 20th-century
The Captive (The Secret Circle #2), L.J. Smith
Nikoleta
Jan 27, 2015 Nikoleta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Το δεύτερο μέρος είναι και αυτό απλοϊκότατα γραμμένο, γρήγορο, μπαίνει κατευθείαν στο ψητό κ.λ.π. όπως κ το πρώτο. Το όλο βιβλίο σώζει όμως το αρκετά καλό τέλος του, που άξαφνα ξεσηκώνει τον αναγνώστη κ τον κάνει να θέλει να διαβάσει κ το επόμενο, εκεί που θεωρούσε ότι θα τα παρατήσει!!! Δεν ξέρω για τους άλλους βασικά πάντως εμένα αυτό μου συνέβη! :D
Lazar
Mar 19, 2015 Lazar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Страхотна !!!!
Sheryl
Read this whole series back when i was 13-14 and i was BLOWN away by it.... so much so i DESPERATELY wanted to be a witch... hmmm... maybe i just wanted Adam.... :)
Jordon
Jun 17, 2012 Jordon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches, magic
Review at Miss Book Reviews.

*WARNING: This section contains spoilers for the first book!*

Now that Cassie is officially in 'The Club' and now known as one of the 'in' group at school she finds life so much better, she feels welcome and wanted, not like a disease everyone is trying to avoid. Unfortunately for her she is dealing with her desires for Adam, Diana's boyfriend, whom she fell in love with on the beach last summer (One meeting is all it took...). She loves Diana and she would never wa
C.C.
When I review a book, I usually look at two things, first is if the story is good and second is if the characters are likeable.

1. The story

I liked the story very much, the suspense was exciting and as they're coming to reach a conclusion I feel that I wanna find it out with them. Sometimes I can't put the book down because I wanna know what's next. Cassie's inside conflict was kind of ridiculous for me but the issue about the evil spirit was kind of cool.

2. The characters

I tried really reall
Debbie
Jan 22, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in The Secret Circle series. See my review of book 1 here. This book was just as good as the first in the series. The tension is building as Cassie is black mailed into helping Faye wrestle power away from Diana. Cassie finds herself hurting those she cares most about and also suffers a great loss in her family. Cassie’s grandmother also reveals important information that none of the Circle knew about previously in hopes it will help them battle the dark force that was released.

Fa
Fani
Feb 16, 2014 Fani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal
This book was even better than the first one! We get to know more things about the people who form the circle something i really needed because i couldn't distinguish them in the first book. Twelve characters were a lot for me to handle and i'm really impressed with the author because not only she manages to involve them all in the action but she also made each of them unique.

I'm glad Cassie got more stronger in this book both in spirit and in magic, seeing the main character being weak all the
Cindy
Oct 28, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: witch lovers like myself
Cassie is being blackmailed by Faye. But doing what Faye asks will be the ultimate form of betrayal. Will Cassie go through with it?
If she doesn't, she runs the risk of destroying her relationship with Diana, and perhaps the entire Circle. But if she does, something evil might be unleashed on New Salem. An old and very powerful evil.

In my review of The Initiation, I mentioned I'm biased on this trilogy. Biased as hell. Wish I wasn't, but I am.

For one thing, I was obsessed with the TV show. I als
Marochka
Вторая книга этой трилогии самая адекватная в плане издания серии в России. В отличие от первой и третьей, у этой книги адекватный переводчик. Нет ощущения, что персонажи на зоне, нет обращений типа "Фейющка", "Шонушка" и фраз "Лорелина бабка" (так вообще нельзя говорить).
И обложка эта лучшая из трех (ну-ну, из трех зол выбираем...)
По содержанию у меня любимая 3-я книга, но русский вариант читабельный только этот.
Спасибо переводчику.
Monica
Sep 10, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captiva este volumul doi, continuarea voulumului Ritualul ambele facand parte din trilogia Cercul secret. La fel ca si la Ritualul, cartea am cumparat-o de la revista BRAVO! Dupa parerea mea, atuul lui L.J.Smith este descrierea personajelor pe care le face aproape perfecte, in orice caz superbe e un cuvant banal.
Din nou, coperta nu m-a atras prea mult;insa stiam de talentul autoarei si totusi am cumparat-o.

Actiunea continua de unde a ramas, cu vorbele necrutatoarei Faye spunand ca protagonista e
♥Xeni♥
Woot, just reread this! My main point? I wish that they had taken the last scene (actually, all of it) and at least stuck that one into the tv show. Eerie red lights and weird shadow figures killing grandma's? Freaky as shit! Instead, we get parents murdering their parents. Yeah, that might be more 'realistic' in a witch drama show. Maybe. Actually, a demon/devil/spirit dude killing for revenge is a lot more likely of a scenario.

Completely easy to read by now, but it's still a good book. This on
Connie
Oct 21, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Source: I own this book.
Cost: The bind up of the first three books in this series were given to me as a gift.

Title: The Captive
Series: The Secret Circle #2
Author: LJ Smith
Overall rating: 3.9 stars

I liked this one a lot more than I liked the last one, the last one, I don't know...It wasn't as thrilling as I wanted it to be. But this one really had me hooked. I loved Cassie in this book as she really came into her own character, she was strong (for the most part) and I genuinely like he
Eva Lucia
Also posted on Eva Lucias blog (Dansk detaljeret version)

- English review is on its way...

Blog ~ Facebook ~ Instagram ~ Youtube ~ Spotify
Summer Baker
May 22, 2015 Summer Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
review coming soon
FangirlB
May 04, 2015 FangirlB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story is getting a lot better and more interesting and I couldn`t put it down. ...more
Stef
May 06, 2012 Stef rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
J'abandonne cette saga, Mon Dieu que c'est nul ...
Xanthi
Jul 13, 2016 Xanthi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
καλύτερο από το πρώτο βιβλίο αλλά μας αφήνει σε κρίσιμο σημείο, με αποτέλεσμα να ιες να διαβάσεις και το επόμενο
Erica N
Sep 24, 2011 Erica N rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldnt put it down finished it in just a few hours.cant wait to read the third one tomorrow.
Monica
Jun 10, 2008 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't remember much from this one.
Katerinakion
Πραγματικα δεν ξερω τι να πω γι αυτο το βιβλιο!!Μονο εγω δεν μπορω να τελειωσω γιατι ειναι τοσο πολυ βαρετο??Πρωτη φορα το λεω αυτο αλλα η σειρα ειναι καλύτερη απο το βιβλιο!
Mariana
Lynnes89
Jun 16, 2017 Lynnes89 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put this down! The series just keeps getting better and better. I'm sad I'm already two books through the series. The development of this story is constantly keeping me guessing, and I'm growing to like each character for what they bring to it as a whole. I can quickly see this series becoming my new guilty pleasure!
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Η L. J. Smith είναι μια από τις πιο πολυσυζητημένες συγγραφείς στον κόσμο. Οι λόγοι, πολλοί και διάφοροι, ανάμεσα στους οποίους μπορούμε να ξεχωρίσουμε ορισμένους. Ο πρώτος εξ αυτών, έχει να κάνει με το γεγονός ότι ο εκδοτικός της οίκος, μετά από μακροχρόνια συνεργασία, την πέταξε έξω από τα projects που η ίδια δημιούργησε. Ο δεύτερος, με το ότι οι δύο πιο δημοφιλείς σειρές της, μεταφέρθηκαν στη μικρή οθόνη, η μία με μεγάλη επιτυχία και η δεύτερη, έχοντας μικρότερη τύχη. Ο τρίτος και τελευταίος ...more
Brina
Jul 28, 2011 Brina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassie scheint endgültig in New Salem angekommen zu sein. Nachdem sie sich wochenlang an dem eher ruhigen Ort unwohl fühlte, hat sie im Hexenzirkel ihre neue Heimat gefunden. Mit Diana verbindet sie eine tiefe Freundschaft, die allerdings die ersten Risse bekommt, denn ausgerechnet Adam ist der Mann ihrer Träume, doch dieser ist bereits seit Jahren mit Diana zusammen.
Dennoch kommen sich Adam und Cassie näher, was nicht unentdeckt bleibt, denn ausgerechnet Faye's Spione entdecken die Beiden und t
Tiffany Jane
Again, another work of genius by the amazing L.J. Smith.

I have to say that the first time I read this book was only over a year ago but even then I fell in love with it and, no matter how hard I tried to get it out of my head, I just had had had to reread it and refresh the brilliance of it in my mind.

In my review of The Initiation, I did say that as a teenager myself I was able to identify with Cassie in her insecurity and naivety and, even in this book I am still able to identify with her fo
Jen (Books that Spark)
THIS REVIEW, AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, IS FOR THE FIRST PART OF THE CAPTIVE. IT SHALL BE UPDATED AT A LATER DATE.

The Captive Part 1 is the first part of the second instalment in The Secret Circle book series written by L. J. Smith. When the book series was first published back in 1992, both parts of The Captive were published in one book. I have made the decision to review The Captive Part 1 and The Captive Part 2 separately rather than as a whole because I like to review books as I read them.

The
Nadine
Oct 14, 2015 Nadine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der Magische Zirkel/ Der Verrat Buchinfos:Der magische Zirkel - Der VerratAutor: Lisa J. SmithSeiten:256Buchart : TBVerlag:cbtBestellcode:  978-3-570-30661-1Erhältlich ab : 09.08.2010Kosten : €8,95Alter: ab 12 JahrenGenre:Hexen / JugendbuchVorgängerbände: Die AnkunftFolgebände:Die ErlösungDer AbgrundDie HexenjagdDie Versuchung
Verfilmung:nein

Inhalt:Sie sind jung – sie sind smart – und sie sind Hexen!Ein jahrhundertealter Hexenzirkel zieht Cassie in seinen Bann. Doch es gibt eine dunkle Macht, di
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Faye is still blackmailing Cassie to get her to do things for her. Faye knows about Cassie's and Adam's feelings for each other so she is always threatening to tell Diana. Faye wants to be the leader of their coven and she is using Cassie’s secret to get her vote.

They find this crystal skull and form a circle releasing darkness. Every time the skull is used someone is killed. Diana hides the skull in the sand on the beach. Faye wants the skull very bad. So she tells Cassie to get it for her or
Amanda
Jul 14, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-copy, series, ya
The Captive is the second book in the Secret Circle trilogy by L J Smith. In this book Faye tightens her hold around Cassie - blackmailing her over her love for Adam and forcing her to betray Diana. At the same time the Circle learns that a dark power is on the loose and killing, and Cassie begins to suspect that the crystal skull recovered from Black John's articles is behind the deaths.

L J Smith has written a number of trilogies in the YA paranormal arena, and excels at the format. The middle
  • The Graduation (Final Friends #3)
  • Overdue
  • Full Circle (Sweep, #14)
  • Through the Veil (Circle of Three, #9)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

The Secret Circle (6 books)
  • The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1)
  • The Power (The Secret Circle, #3)
  • The Divide (The Secret Circle, #4)
  • The Hunt (The Secret Circle, #5)
  • The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)

“I won't feel. . . But that was impossible. She couldn't help feeling.” 11 likes
“You're a witch, she reminded herself. You should love cemeteries. They're probably your natural habitat.” 10 likes