Cu Andrews 2 in 1-Traveler's Gift & Mastering the 7 Decisions

Cu Andrews 2 in 1-Traveler's Gift & Mastering the 7 Decisions

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Traveler's Gift and Mastering the 7 Decisions is authored by Andy Andrews and bundled into a 2-in-1 collection.
Published September 1st 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

Stefani
Well, it made for a good book club discussion. We don't usually laugh that much reading the blurbs about the book. I was greatly relieved everyone else in the book club felt the same as I did....that this book was a waste of time.
Melanie
Silly unrealistic frame tale about some guy who has a lame life and then, in a botched suicide attempt, travels through time to hear lessons about success. Kind of George Bailey-ish. We find out that he will end up wildly successful and that his boss who laid him off will go out of business in some sort of Christian karma.
Decisions:
5) Choosing to be happy
6) Being compassionate and forgiving
7) Persisting without exception
Nancy
I loved this book very much. Call it lame, cheesy, etc. But all in all, given the historical figures each decision was based from, made it very inspirational and gave you something to think about in your own life. It made you realize how important a role all of the advice passed on could affect your own life, if applied. It was very easy reading. Read it in one sitting.
Emily
I was given this book by a friend and although the story is not wonderful, the seven decisions for success were great and I agree with them for the most part. I gave it four stars because although the story wasn't great, the author kept the writing light and I didn't feel bogged down. I am glad I read it, but wouldn't recommend it for everyone.
Linda
yes the story was similar to Scrooge, but if you have ever lost a job, had sick children and felt your back against the wall and were tempted to wallow in self pity, this is a great book to lift you out.

I wish these principals were taught from birth to all children. What a different society we would have.
Brent Keck
Interesting and enjoyable approach to covering Andrews' seven decisions to personal success. A kind of mix between It's a Wonderful Life and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I finished this in one sitting, couldn't wait to see how Andrews expressed through historical figures each successive decision.
Matthew
Well, what can I say about this book. If you are looking for a good story this is not it; if you want historical accuracy, this is not it; but it does have some good personal improvement gems, though could have been delivered in a much better manner.
Kathleen
This would be soooooo much better if it were edited, edited, edited! Use the historical figures, keep the (edited!) "decisions" and forego the cheesy story and inflated alter-ego ending. Could be a very inspirational pamphlet or pocket book.
Jayme Schneider
Although certain aspects of this book are cheesy and somewhat of a self-help cliché, I enjoyed time traveling with the narrator and learning principles to live by in order to lift your life out of mediocrity and live with passion and purpose.
Anjanette Merriweather
This book was very inspirational, whether you are spiritual or not. I really liked how the author used these historical figures to get the message across. It was very creative. This book is an easy read, I read it in one day.
Larene
I didn't agree with some of the "7 decisions that determine personal success". It was corny and the ending was lame.
It was interesting to learn about the story of Joshua Chamberlain and I'd like to read a bio about him.
Lenorek
A good book to read if you want some inspirational ideas for personal success. The story and plot isn't what makes this book good, it is the advice and wisdom provided by the "special" guests that show up in the book.
Dan
This is one of those inspirational self-improvement books. The author pulls in historical characters to teach the life's lesson so it does have some "factional" story to it.
Sten Bolander
Liked the historical figures portrayed and the synopsis given for each of the seven decisions. Was surprised by the abrupt ending to the book. Listened to it on CD.
Pamela Barrett
Good inspirational/motivational book. Perfect to read if your struggling with hardships, feel depressed or need to make a some changes in your life.
Tiffany
This is an amazing story, to read what I thought I about this book, go here http://momentsofapiphany.blogspot.com...
Carol
Excellent and highly recommended. He shares 7 decisions that if we follow them will change our lives for the better.....easy to read also!
Adrian Moraga
Un libro ligero de leer que te lleva a conocer a muchos personajes en diferentes tiempos. Entretenido y con mensaje.
Renee
I like the 7 decisions by themselves but the story is kind of cheesy. I almost felt like I was at an Amway meeting.
Wendy Swenson
Mastering the 7 Decisions is a interesting with practical information you can use in everyday life.
Jackie
Loved this book! I have read it a few times since 2002, and I find it so facinating.
Julie Hendrix
Ive read the book twice and feel the morals behind the story can enhance anyone's life.
Shonni
This book was way too cheesy for me. I can't believe it has done as well as it has.
Cindy Journell-Hoch
A life changing read...everyone should read this!!
Amanda
It was a little too hokey for me.
Lisa
Everyone should read this!
Gail
Basic, sensible principles...
Donna
One of my favorite books, ever-- and a perfect gift book for graduation, encouragement, thanks. The lessons of wisdom that come from those who have made this life journey ahead of me are always of great value. It gets a 20 on a 10 in my scale of approval!
31934
~ Hailed by a New York Times writer as a "modern-day Will Rogers who has quietly become one of the most influential people in America."

~ Spoken at the request of four different U.S. Presidents

~ Every single minute a book by Andy Andrews is sold somewhere in the world!

~ New York Times Bestselling Author of The Noticer and The Traveler's Gift

Source:
More about Andy Andrews...
The Noticer: Sometimes, All a Person Needs Is a Little Perspective. The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success How Do You Kill 11 Million People? Why The Truth Matters More Than You Think The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances The Butterfly Effect: How Your Life Matters