Start by marking “Don't Call Her Angel” as Want to Read:
Don't Call Her Angel

Don't Call Her Angel

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Peering into Emily's and Rasul's lives from the outside paints an unlikely picture-the sweet, deferring Southern bride and her cold, self-possessed, ex-military husband. Peer into their bedroom and the scene grows starker still. Domineering man, submissive girl, a sex life not for the faint of heart. But peer inside their heads? That's another matter entirely.

Obsessive, tr
Published June 10th 2011 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Don't Call Her Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Call Her Angel

Confessions of a Love Addict by Jinni JamesDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanWilling Victim by Cara McKennaWicked Wonderland by Lisa WhitefernWaking the Witch by Lisa Whitefern
Erotic Wish List #1
219th out of 270 books — 160 voters
Escorted by Claire KentLeave Me Breathless by Cherrie LynnLover Awakened by J.R. WardBe With Me by Maya BanksSex in the Title by Zack Love
Bald Heroes of Romance
22nd out of 31 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Mandi Schreiner
Last week I mentioned Don’t Call Her Angel - and I gobbled it up this week. It is a dark erotic novella. Rasul, originally from Jerusalem is strict, stern, paranoid with ocd tendencies and has found the love of his life with Emily. Emily on the outside looks like a little Southern bell, but she suffered sexual abuse when young, and that has shaped who she is sexually as an adult. Although Rasul is extremely possessive, he knows Emily wants another man for a night as a gift, and he wants to give ...more
Diana Leigh
Cara McKenna delivers another sexy and smart story with Don't Call Her Angel, adding her own unique voice to the m/f/m menage genre.

Rasul and Emily have been married a couple of years, and they've recently moved into a new home in Reston, Virginia. From an outsider's viewpoint, they might seem like an odd match. Rasul grew up in the Middle East near Jerusalem where he was in the army for a decade. His strict traditional upbringing has made him stern, obsessive-compulsive and very controlling - t
Karen111
**3.5 Stars**

This was a hot and sexy quick read, in a style so well written - I wouldn't expect any less from Cara McKenna. In my opinion, she's the Queen of Kink - she really gets into the heads of why people do what they do - and I always come away feeling both hot & bothered AND a little bit more aware!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Emily and Rasul are a married couple who have a very particular type of sex life. Rasul is dominant in the bedroom, and Emily is submissive, but in between all the layers, it's really the
Juliana
3.5 stars.
I absolutely loved Willing Victim , which was my first Cara McKenna read, and was looking forward to reading her other stories. Don't Call Her Angel has good reviews, so I was expecting to like it as much as Willing Victim. I did enjoy it, but I didn't find it as sizzling a read. There are some very hot scenes and McKenna writes them well, but especially during The Big Night, I found the flow of the story to be very choppy.

I was really interested by Rasul and Emily. They're both very
D
Oct 28, 2012 D rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Cara McKenna
Shelves: erotica, contemporary
3 stars even.

credit where credit is due: mckenna writes a plot set-up that can be fairly alienating but populates it with fully drawn, diverse characters. i felt like i could walk into any urban neighborhood bar and fairly quickly find each of the three characters; they were recognizable and multi-dimensional.

i gave this book fewer stars than some of her others because this came off as more of a well-realized writing exercise than a fully emotionally engaging story.
Kaetrin
I felt like a change of pace after reading the Lucky Harbor books so I picked up this off my TBR pile. It's erotica more than a romance - there is no relationship arc with a HEA - essentially, it is about a couple (Rasul and Emily) who invite an acquaintaince (Jeremy) into their bed for one night (no m/m action though so don't get too excited). While Rasul and Emily remain happily married at the end of the story, the story itself isn't really about their relationship. It was hot and enjoyable an ...more
Liz Blue
Some books are four stars because they're great, I love them, but there are things I just have to ignore. Maybe it's some creaky writing or purple prose, maybe it's a bit of superficial characterization, maybe I had to work too hard to suspend my disbelief. Other books are four stars because--while they're fabulously written, they're everything they set out and promised to be, they're just not quite what I want. This book is one of the latter.

McKenna is awesome. She never takes shortcuts (that I
Theodora Taylor
Description: Emily, a sweet Georgia blond, and her husband, Rasul, a hard Middle Eastern man, have created a mutually-beneficial, Dom/sub marriage for themselves. Will inviting another man into their bedroom disrupt or further fuel their passion?

The Good: This is a really, really, really unusual read. It’s not quite BDSM, but not in any way your run-of-the-mill romance. The narrative is more slice-of-life than straight-forward, and in many ways this story feels more like a character study, with
Maldivianbookreviewer
This is a score sheet review and here I post the score sheet summary. For the full score sheet review summary please visit MBR's Realm of Romance .

This is the very first time I have attempted to read a romance that features more than the usual hero and heroine in the mix. And though deep inside I would always be a M/F fan girl for life, there were certain elements within the story; mainly Cara McKenna’s prose and style that just sucked me in from the very beginning and possibly might have chang
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by~Ashleigh
Review Copy Provided by~the Publisher

Looking into the marriage of Emily and Rasul, you would never think that the dark deeds done behind their bedroom door were actually happening, but for Emily doing whatever it takes to make her husband happy makes her happy. Coming from a home that wasn’t the best, Emily has an issue with men, and it has taken a tough soldier like Rasul to make her feel like a woman, but there is just one thing that Emil
Janina
A hot, steamy fantasy lived out by a married couple :)
Sassafrass
Not quite as good as Willing Victim which in my opinion was phenomenal. This was definitely a good but not that "blow me away" fantastic that I had gotten with Willing Victim. I don't know I think I just wanted more. I don't know exactly what I wanted more of, but something was missing for me.

I will say that I have to read more of Cara McKenna's stuff. She's fantastic! I like her voice and her style. I like how dark she goes and she doesn't apologize for it.
Giedre
Mismatched on the outside, but perfectly matched where it counts; Emily and Rasul were fascinating. Jeremy, their temporary third, wasn't as interesting to me, but I think there's certainly something there that makes you wonder about what might happen to him while he's playing a tourist. Endless possibilities there.
Brien Michaels
I've been a fan of McKenna's work ever since I went on a buying spree and purchased the bulk of her EC backlist a few months ago. Something about her books just captivate me, and this was no exception.

And I've gotta say, the woman has a gift for characterization that I can only hope to possess some day.
Limecello
Pretty sure this was straight up erotica (guess I need to check these details? :P)
Interesting - worked as erotica. (Sparse as erotic romance.)

Of course I read it some time between 3-9 AM ... and read four books/stories in that time.
SaturNalia
A quick glimpse of Rasul and Emily's life. I wish there was a prequel on how these two came together. But kudos to the author for creating such interesting and complex character in such a short span of pages.
Anna
I don't know if I liked this book or not.
I feel like I didn't get to know the charachters as well as I have with Cara's previous books.
Or something like that.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Very interesting, intense, slightly dark story. I really liked all the characters but would have liked this story to have been longer and more background info given.
Amy
Jul 12, 2011 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2read2

Dark, erotic, and very intense characters. Very different feel/style of writing, but very good!
Maygirl7
I appreciate what the author was trying to do, but it wasn't a success for me.
Lillie
Hot but I wish it would have went into more depth about the events of the past.
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
smexybooks told me to read therefore I read.
DGS
Review coming soon
Dani
Sexy AND romantic.
Anis
Anis added it
Jan 27, 2015
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Tee Franklin
Tee Franklin marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Trespass
  • The Best Man
  • Exorcising Sean's Ghost
  • Don't Look Back
  • Without Words
  • IOU Sex
  • Witness Seduction
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 Series, #11)
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • Hot Text
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Breaking The Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #587)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimison, #3)
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • The Sweetest Tattoo (Cabin Fever, #1)
  • House of Glass
Cara McKenna writes contemporary romance and smart erotica, sometimes under the name Meg Maguire, and has sold more than thirty-five novels and novellas to Ellora’s Cave, Penguin, Harlequin Blaze, Samhain, and Signet Eclipse. She’s known for writing no-nonsense, working-class heroes with capable hands and lousy grammar. She was a 2010 Golden Heart finalist, and a two-time Romantic Times Reviewers' ...more
More about Cara McKenna...
Willing Victim After Hours Hard Time Curio (Curio, #1) Unbound

“He pumped her roughly, filling the room with the sounds of their breathing and the smell of their sin. She felt drunk, this man’s harsh energy as intoxicating as ten bottles of wine. She stroked his chest and dug her fingernails into his shoulders. Spurs, telling him to make it rougher.” 2 likes
“After a moment’s hesitation, he (Jeremy) asked, “Would you ever ask her to do this for you? Bring another woman in…” He stopped speaking as Rasul grasped him once again by the shoulder, thumb pressed uncomfortably close to his throat.
Rasul blinked and stared past Jeremy’s face, seeming thoughtful for several seconds before speaking. His words were slow and cold. “I would sooner die than allow my wife to wonder for a single moment if another woman could stir in me any fraction of the desire she does.”
2 likes