Start by marking “Partners” as Want to Read:
Partners

Partners

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,381 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
LAURELLIE ARMAND...
Her competition with fellow reporter Matthew Bates went beyond professional rivalry; she fought the spark of sexual attraction as well. But when the two of them became unwilling partners investigating a mysterious death, Laurel found herself fighting for her own life.

MATTHEW BATES...
Protecting Laurel was Matt's self-appointed task. He had to find out who
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #94
Published May 1st 1985 by Silhouette (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Partners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partners

Mollie *scoutrmom*
Oct 15, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
I do not recall ever having read this story before. It is great mystery/suspense and I did not even guess the villain until twenty pages from the end.

The hero's character is admirable, sexy, and intriguing, but not very deeply drawn. I guess this was about the 27th thing Roberts published, so I'm not going to quibble about that. (She must have over 150 by now.) Proof positive that writers get better with experience.

I really liked the heroine. She's a southern belle with a career and a backbone o
Tania Martins
Jan 19, 2015 Tania Martins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Já não lia um livrinho destes da Nora há muito tempo e convenhamos que este esteve a altura das expectativas, gostei do Matt e da Laurel e da picardia entre os dois tanto no trabalho como na forma como a autora cria a relação entre os dois, a avó dela era uma "peça", muito engraçada a senhora...

Quanto ao desfecho final no que ao crime diz respeito era previsível ser aquela personagem culpada, está dentro do que se esperava com sinos a tocar em fundo e casamento a vista...
Toni
Jan 28, 2016 Toni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Matthew is in love with Laurel ever since he saw her photo on his friends desk.
Laurel thinks Matthew is insufferable.
Together they work on the case- the death of a young woman, the wife of Laurels first love. She is protective of Louis, but she is a journalist and she is good at what she does. Even warnings and threats will not stop her now... And chemistry between Laurel and Matthew ? Yes, its a real deal.
As always, enjoyed N. Roberts novel. Love her style. Love that her characters are never
Maura
Mapet
Jan 19, 2013 Mapet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Hmmm... dicintai dari berusia 16 tahun, romantis sekali. Begitulah cinta Matthew Bates pada Laurel Armand. Duduk berseberangan, Laurel merasa sangat sebal kepada Matthew, karena sangat suka membuat Laurel terpancing emosinya. Tanpa sengaja Laurel yang selama ini bertugas sebagai wartawan di kantor balai kota bertemu Susan yang adik perempuannya meninggal di rawa milik keluarga Trulane. Louis adalah cinta masa kecil Laurel, yang istri pertamanya minggat dengan Charles Trulane. Susan menyampaikan ...more
Anali
Oct 14, 2014 Anali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es un libro buenisimo *-* Me encanto!! Es uno de los pocos libros en donde no he sabido hasta el final quien es el asesino. La trama de suspenso esta maravillosamente desarrollada. Mientras la trama romantica es ideal. Es tan perfecta y tierna. Mat y Lauriel son simplemente adorables. Todos los personajes me han fascinado. Sobretodo, la abuela Olivia.
Es una historia linda con muy divertidos e ingeniosos. Definitivamente extraordinaria.
Sandra
Mar 01, 2014 Sandra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story and loved some of the characters, like the Grandmother, or Louis. I would like to see Louis in his own book. Because it felt like "light reading", I didn't get really absorbed in to the story. I guessed who the bad guy was early on and that made it predictable. But all in all, you never go wrong with a Nora Roberts book. Thank you Ms. Roberts for all the wonderful stories.
Emily Higgins
Mar 11, 2014 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspence, romance
Laurel Armand and Matt Bates are rival reporters for the same newspaper. When Laurel got a tip on a murder that Matt had covered earlier, their editor ordered them to work together on the story. They quickly found that they had more in common than they had thought. Cite story.
Brenda Dunn
Mar 30, 2016 Brenda Dunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story, couldn't put it down!!!!

Love Nora Roberts and this is her at her best. Holds your interest with romance, mystery and suspense. Hidden motives add to the surprise ending!!! For sure can't go wrong with this choice.
Sonia Cristina
Sep 22, 2014 Sonia Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: português, 2014
Gostei muito deste livro! Além de romance com 2 protagonistas cativantes, tem uma história policial/mistério por trás que foi bastante interessante. Além disso, isto tudo se passa no ambiente quente de Nova Orleães e dos pântanos, um cenário que, para mim, é o mais romântico possível.
Ami Nurlianti
Oct 07, 2015 Ami Nurlianti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me curious about the suspect of the murder. Matthew and Laurel were really great characters and I could easily fond of Matthew. Their love story was sweet.
Anastazija
interesting book, although I expected a little bit more from Nora, the love story was too obvious
Alexandra
La historia de misterio detrás no fue tan sólida, pero interesante en general.
Tania Infante bonilla
Una lectura ligera y muy agradable para pasar una tarde!
Tuesday's Child
Quick read, kept my interest till the end.
Lynn Ann
Second read through July 2014
İlkim
Nora'nın muhtemelen ilk işlerinden biri olduğunu düşünüyorum o yüzden de başından beri kıllandığım kişinin katil çıkmasına şaşırmadım.
Anya
Mar 22, 2014 Anya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts, romance
Really 3.5 stars. It is not my favourite Nora Roberts book but I still enjoyed it.
Caroline
Apr 03, 2012 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Technically, I would give this 3.5 stars. It was written 27 years ago, so it is a bit dated and showcases male chauvisnism at it's best. The mystery aspect was pretty good, but I guessed the murderer and the plot twist about 50 pages in. It does follow the typical Nora Roberts formula: cast all the suspicion on a decoy and then reveal the murderer as someone the author doesn't think you will expect. I loved the character of Ms. Olivia. She reminds me of many Southern grandmothers.
Catherine
Very dated and rather sexist.
Maria
May 05, 2012 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-2012
This was simply acceptable, though I liked the idea that Matthew's loved her literally from first sight. I was never one for romantic suspense, but I had it in paperback, and I'd just finished with a few dozen classics, so I thought I'd sit down with Nora Roberts. Again, simply acceptable, though Miss Olivia was lovely and Louis was an interesting character. I suppose I just wasn't in the mood for it.
Brandi Porter
Apr 15, 2013 Brandi Porter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute little read. I enjoyed the murder/mystery part; I'm not very good at guessing who the killer is, so in this book I didn't have any idea until it was revealed. The relationship between Matt and Laurel was great. He has loved her for so long; I didn’t quite understand why they both waited a year to have a relationship when they both clearly wanted each other. But definitely a good read!!!!
LL
Jan 19, 2013 LL rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adore Matthew and Laurellie's intelligence. It's just nice how Nora made Louis a good person towards the end of the story. It was Marion who made Elise, Charles and Anne disappear in the swamp at Heritage Oak. What a psycho! For the love of their ancestral home. Funny. I like how Olivia approved of Matthew since the beginning.
CL
I approached this book with trepidation as it is a rather old Nora Roberts and I thought it would fail to meet the standard that I come to expect from Nora Roberts books. Turns out it was just as brilliant as her more recent stuff.

The only thing that made me cringe was the copious amount of smoking and mentions of typewriters.
Aileen
Oct 06, 2011 Aileen rated it really liked it
Very easy-to-read romance set in New Orleans and based around two reporters investigating the accidental death of a young wife in the swamp. Her sister is convinced it was murder. Written in 1985 the characters seemed a bit dated, the male lead would be done for harassment today, but it was undemanding and great for the bus commute.
jackie frye
Jan 24, 2013 jackie frye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book. Before I had read a third of it I was sure what was going to happen, but the story was so well written I was caught up in the suspense. Matthew and Laurel are a super couple. Since they are reporters in New Orleans I wish Nora had written more books featuring them.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
As I understand it, this is one of her earlier books and as such it is dated slightly. For a start, they smoke and use typewriters (shock, horror).

This book was enjoyable but not as much as River's End which I was enthralled by. A coffee break book.
Angeles
Dec 18, 2011 Angeles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts always seems to have the ability to capture me, my imagination, and my time. I rarely find myself able to put down her books, and this was no exception. A quick read, yes. But one that made me giggle, nonetheless. Delightful!
Mahareni Sukadi
Baru dapat 10an lembar, langsung sadar kalo ternyata ni buku udah pernah kubaca duluuuuu sekali. And berhubung lagi gak minat baca ulang, jadi gak bisa kasih rating.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • A Woman's Touch
  • The Perfect Father (The Crightons) (Harlequin Presents # 2092)
  • The Magnate's Mistress
  • Istri Simpanan
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • Menaklukkan Calon Istri (To Woo A Wife) (Bachelor Brothers, Book 1)
  • Ready for Romance
  • Ya, Saya Bersedia, Tapi... (I Do, I Do... For Now)
  • Man of Ice
  • Raven's Prey
  • The Daughters Grimm
  • Masquerade: Can a street-girl fool a lord?
  • Keir O'Connell's Mistress (O'Connells, #1)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • The Unforgiving Bride
  • The Very Virile Viking (Viking II, #3)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

“He understood and accepted that humans were basically ridiculous.” 2 likes