Start by marking “Victor (Marius Brothers #4)” as Want to Read:
Victor (Marius Brothers #4)

Victor (Marius Brothers #4)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  874 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, vampires, demons] Victor Marius has watched as three of his brothers and some of their friends found their mates. He is happy for them. He truly is. But, as the oldest brother, he had thought that he would have found his mate by now. Malachi is half demon, and he has known nothing but pain and horror. Find ...more
Published April 12th 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Victor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victor

Serena Yates
Mar 16, 2011 Serena Yates rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Okay, fans of the previous three books need to be warned: this one has quite a different feel. I don't think that it's necessarily bad, but it did surprise me and took away some of my enjoyment. The story is as simple as the ones in the other three books, and what really pulled me in (again) was the emotional issue of Victor finding a mate who is half-demon and struggling with not just his own but his family's deeply ingrained prejudice.

Victor is the oldest brother, not that you'd think so looki
Maya
Mar 16, 2011 Maya rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Constant POV changes made this story confusing at times. This was not one of my favorite Marius Brother stories.
Nerine Petros
Mar 17, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I really didn't enjoy the change in writing style from third person in the first three stories of the series to first person in this story, so that has affected my rating because it affected my enjoyment of the story as a whole. This story seemed to almost have the feel of a number of diary entries.

Victor is strong, caring, and overwhelming at times. Nearly all of the writing focuses on him, along with how and what he is feeling, within the plot. Malachi is cute, but because of the fi
Arzu
What should I say?? I like JF's books for what they are, namely light fluffy reads. Easy storyline, quick to read during a break or in doc's waiting room, not too much thinking required. Not too much plot, mostly repeating even, with the typical huge dominant male and smaller submissive partner, but this one was just ... a bit too much.

I really felt sorry for Victor when Malachi wasn't accepted by all family members because of his status as half demon, however Victor, you suppose to be the olde
Coldcase hertz
Oct 04, 2014 Coldcase hertz rated it really liked it
hmmmm update later but i loved his half demon twist
Raevyn
Mar 28, 2012 Raevyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-series, 2012
I really liked this story but as others have pointed out it is very one-sided. I wanted to know more about Malachi because his story really touched me. I actually teared up with this book and I know I would have had a much bigger emotional attachment to it if I could have heard more of Malachi's voice.
Al
Dec 21, 2015 Al rated it it was amazing
Im speechless, this book so far is one of my favorites of all time.
This story broke my heart, in some parts i could not stop crying, it was more than i hoped to be. in some point i want to finish reading this serie, and even though it was amaizing and the books were fine, i was just trying to keep reading, and the i started to read this book and i could not stop reading, i was so sorprised about all this things that were happening.
firts the way Riley deal with the fact that Malachi is half dem
Kavisha
Jul 31, 2013 Kavisha rated it liked it
Let me start by saying that I have already read the majority of the books in this series and was following it for a long time. I lost track of it and realized recently that I had about 4 new books in the Marius World Series to read. But it has been a long time since I read some of them, and I couldn't really remember much of the overarching plot. I also hadn't read much of the "Beyond the Marius Brothers" stories and never even added the ones I read onto Goodreads.
I decided to take up the chall
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
In the fourth installment of the Marius Brothers series, Ms. Flynn has definitely put together a dynamic due. She has paired a vampire warrior with his sworn enemy, a demon. This was a pairing that had me wanting to read Victor immediately.

Victor Marius is an eight hundred and ninety-five year old vampire without a mate. To say he’s extremely lonely is an understatement. Just when he thinks he won’t ever find his mate, he finds one smoldering on the side of the road. Victor is a little taken ba
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Joyee Flynn always throws the reader a curve ball, but this time the curve ball is left for one of the characters. Victor is the embodiment of a big brother and throughout the series has stood by his brothers and their mates. In this story, I found I wanted to scream at Victor’s family because they are so callous and selfish. Despite the resentment, I found myself sympathetic to them all and thoroughly enjoyed the story of the eldest Marius brother. I am always excited to read a Joyee Flynn nove ...more
Sanet
Ummmm, you know when you watch those really really bad B movies and you just know this shit is gonna be good... but then its really really not what you expected.... that was this one for me

its was a interesting twist to bring on the demon mate ... but then they go fix him and ... well not wanting to spoil it

I enjoy Ms Flynns book... but this one was just okay
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 adrienne rated it liked it
typical joyee flynn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical joyee flynn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
A fun book. Victor is the oldest and like a lot of older brothers is very serious and protective. Malachi is a half demon vamp who has been a prisoner in a cave is whole life. The two meet and .... well that is the story. I love Victor is a big "alpha" male and Malachi isn't. Malachi is perfect for Victor to bring back the joy of life. The realism of the two meeting and trusting each other so quickly just didn't strike correctly but this is a story of vamps and "mates" so liberties are allowed. ...more
Linda Aldred
Sep 04, 2015 Linda Aldred rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it
Tracy
Sep 07, 2014 Tracy rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Candice
Jan 02, 2014 Candice rated it liked it
Victor and Malachi. I liked this :) I liked how Victor was with Malachi and watching Malachi live in the "real world". Since all he was a cave life, it was kind of refreshing to see someone who was old, but yet viewed the world through the eyes of a toddler. Everything was new to him.
Lilladii
Dec 11, 2013 Lilladii rated it it was ok
Ahh wow where to friggin start???? While I have enjoyed Joyee Flynns other books, this one made me kinda cringe. It was like a bad B movie it was cheesy fake and overly dramatic. And while I don't mind a little of it in my books and characters, this was way over the top bad for me. I did not connect with the MCs at all. Wished I could have liked it and that it had been better than it actually was. 1.9 stars.

(-_-)zzz
Kerry  sullivan
musings-of-a-bookworm.org/ "target="_blank" rel="dofollow">Musings of a bookworm

As always a great story of acceptance and over coming obstacles to find love and happiness, what more can I say really!! I love these brothers and will read every book so I know all of them end up happy. I am now looking forward to the rest of them!!

Dark Divas
Jul 01, 2011 Dark Divas rated it liked it
3.5 Delightful Divas. Victor is the last of Joyee Flynn’s Marius Brothers stories and I think partly why I enjoyed Victor’s story so much, or that it appealed to the romantic in me, was that he had been alone for so very long. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.darkdivasreviews.com/?p=5526
Blackravens Reviews
May 04, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it liked it
The sex scenes, as always, were a revelation as Victor teaches Malachi and learns him, and those I enjoyed. No complaint in that arena as Ms. Flynn does sex well. And hot. To view the rest of this review, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Maya
Mar 15, 2011 Maya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, joyee-flynn
We learn a little more about the real personality of the tough guy Victor, and how in reality he isn't so tough. The book brought tears to my eyes in parts and made me laugh in others. A wonderful addition to the Marius Brothers' Series.
Asteropê
Others have mentioned some of the issues with the book and I agree. I just had to add --

"My big, dominant mate" as an endearment? Ohhhhhhhhkay. I didn't know if I should laugh or cringe.
Janelle
I loved this book....it was touching, sweet, and made me look at Victor in a new way...I can't wait to see what Joyee Flynn does with the next Marius brother.
Marsha Spence
Apr 03, 2011 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-para
I loved Victor and Malachi. This series just gets better and better. It was good to visit some of the other couples as well.
Carolyn88
Jan 30, 2012 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, vampire
Joyee is one of my favorite "mate" authors. I can usually read on of her books in one evening.
Lisa
Jun 04, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Absolutely got to read this series. Loved all the characters.
Jodi
Apr 25, 2011 Jodi rated it it was amazing
My only problem with this book is it was written 1st person
Estrella
Estrella rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
LookingForBooks
LookingForBooks marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Amber Hughes
Amber Hughes rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? (Wolf Creek Pack #6)
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge #16)
  • Shades of Black (Fatefully Yours #5)
  • George's Turn (Brac Pack #8)
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Ravyn's Blood (Ravyn War­riors, #1)
  • Falling in Love Again (Of Dragons and Wolves #6)

Marius Brothers (8 books)
  • Micah (Marius Brothers #1)
  • Remus (Marius Brothers #2)
  • Stefan (The Marius Brothers #3)
  • Damian (Marius Brothers #5)
  • A Very Marius Christmas (Marius Brothers #6)
  • Gabriel (Marius Brothers #7)
  • Virgil (Marius Brothers #8)