Start by marking “Victor (Marius Brothers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Victor (Marius Brothers, #4)

Victor (Marius Brothers #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  732 ratings  ·  24 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, vampires, demons] Victor Marius has watched as three of his brothers and some of their friends found their mates. He is happy for them. He truly is. But, as the oldest brother, he had thought that he would have found his mate by now. Malachi is half demon, and he has known nothing but pain and horror. Find ...more
Published April 12th 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Victor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victor

Serena Yates
Okay, fans of the previous three books need to be warned: this one has quite a different feel. I don't think that it's necessarily bad, but it did surprise me and took away some of my enjoyment. The story is as simple as the ones in the other three books, and what really pulled me in (again) was the emotional issue of Victor finding a mate who is half-demon and struggling with not just his own but his family's deeply ingrained prejudice.

Victor is the oldest brother, not that you'd think so looki
Maya
2.5 Stars

Constant POV changes made this story confusing at times. This was not one of my favorite Marius Brother stories.
Nerine Petros
2.5 stars. I really didn't enjoy the change in writing style from third person in the first three stories of the series to first person in this story, so that has affected my rating because it affected my enjoyment of the story as a whole. This story seemed to almost have the feel of a number of diary entries.

Victor is strong, caring, and overwhelming at times. Nearly all of the writing focuses on him, along with how and what he is feeling, within the plot. Malachi is cute, but because of the fi
Arzu
What should I say?? I like JF's books for what they are, namely light fluffy reads. Easy storyline, quick to read during a break or in doc's waiting room, not too much thinking required. Not too much plot, mostly repeating even, with the typical huge dominant male and smaller submissive partner, but this one was just ... a bit too much.

I really felt sorry for Victor when Malachi wasn't accepted by all family members because of his status as half demon, however Victor, you suppose to be the olde
Coldcase hertz
hmmmm update later but i loved his half demon twist
Raevyn
I really liked this story but as others have pointed out it is very one-sided. I wanted to know more about Malachi because his story really touched me. I actually teared up with this book and I know I would have had a much bigger emotional attachment to it if I could have heard more of Malachi's voice.
Kavisha
Let me start by saying that I have already read the majority of the books in this series and was following it for a long time. I lost track of it and realized recently that I had about 4 new books in the Marius World Series to read. But it has been a long time since I read some of them, and I couldn't really remember much of the overarching plot. I also hadn't read much of the "Beyond the Marius Brothers" stories and never even added the ones I read onto Goodreads.
I decided to take up the chall
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
In the fourth installment of the Marius Brothers series, Ms. Flynn has definitely put together a dynamic due. She has paired a vampire warrior with his sworn enemy, a demon. This was a pairing that had me wanting to read Victor immediately.

Victor Marius is an eight hundred and ninety-five year old vampire without a mate. To say he’s extremely lonely is an understatement. Just when he thinks he won’t ever find his mate, he finds one smoldering on the side of the road. Victor is a little taken ba
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Joyee Flynn always throws the reader a curve ball, but this time the curve ball is left for one of the characters. Victor is the embodiment of a big brother and throughout the series has stood by his brothers and their mates. In this story, I found I wanted to scream at Victor’s family because they are so callous and selfish. Despite the resentment, I found myself sympathetic to them all and thoroughly enjoyed the story of the eldest Marius brother. I am always excited to read a Joyee Flynn nove ...more
adrienne
typical joyee flynn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical joyee flynn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as
Tj
A fun book. Victor is the oldest and like a lot of older brothers is very serious and protective. Malachi is a half demon vamp who has been a prisoner in a cave is whole life. The two meet and .... well that is the story. I love Victor is a big "alpha" male and Malachi isn't. Malachi is perfect for Victor to bring back the joy of life. The realism of the two meeting and trusting each other so quickly just didn't strike correctly but this is a story of vamps and "mates" so liberties are allowed. ...more
Candice
Victor and Malachi. I liked this :) I liked how Victor was with Malachi and watching Malachi live in the "real world". Since all he was a cave life, it was kind of refreshing to see someone who was old, but yet viewed the world through the eyes of a toddler. Everything was new to him.
Lilladii
Ahh wow where to friggin start???? While I have enjoyed Joyee Flynns other books, this one made me kinda cringe. It was like a bad B movie it was cheesy fake and overly dramatic. And while I don't mind a little of it in my books and characters, this was way over the top bad for me. I did not connect with the MCs at all. Wished I could have liked it and that it had been better than it actually was. 1.9 stars.

(-_-)zzz
Kerry  sullivan
musings-of-a-bookworm.org/ "target="_blank" rel="dofollow">Musings of a bookworm

As always a great story of acceptance and over coming obstacles to find love and happiness, what more can I say really!! I love these brothers and will read every book so I know all of them end up happy. I am now looking forward to the rest of them!!

Dark Divas
3.5 Delightful Divas. Victor is the last of Joyee Flynn’s Marius Brothers stories and I think partly why I enjoyed Victor’s story so much, or that it appealed to the romantic in me, was that he had been alone for so very long. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.darkdivasreviews.com/?p=5526
Blackraven's Reviews
The sex scenes, as always, were a revelation as Victor teaches Malachi and learns him, and those I enjoyed. No complaint in that arena as Ms. Flynn does sex well. And hot. To view the rest of this review, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Maya
We learn a little more about the real personality of the tough guy Victor, and how in reality he isn't so tough. The book brought tears to my eyes in parts and made me laugh in others. A wonderful addition to the Marius Brothers' Series.
Asteropê
Others have mentioned some of the issues with the book and I agree. I just had to add --

"My big, dominant mate" as an endearment? Ohhhhhhhhkay. I didn't know if I should laugh or cringe.
Janelle
I loved this book....it was touching, sweet, and made me look at Victor in a new way...I can't wait to see what Joyee Flynn does with the next Marius brother.
Marsha Spence
I loved Victor and Malachi. This series just gets better and better. It was good to visit some of the other couples as well.
Carolyn88
Joyee is one of my favorite "mate" authors. I can usually read on of her books in one evening.
Lisa
Absolutely got to read this series. Loved all the characters.
Jodi
My only problem with this book is it was written 1st person
Ashes
Ashes is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? (Wolf Creek Pack, #6)
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #16)
  • Christian's Menace (Christian's Coven, #1)
  • Dark Devotion (Fatefully Yours, #1)
  • Ravyn's Blood (Ravyn War­riors, #1)
Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings, #1) Micah (Marius Brothers, #1) Tristan (Resistant Omegas, #1) Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9) Fur And Flightless  (Midnight Matings, #12)