Start by marking “Considering Kate (Stanislaskis #6)” as Want to Read:
Considering Kate (Stanislaskis #6)

Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #6)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  7,101 ratings  ·  108 reviews
She'd turned her back on glamor and fame and Kate Stanislaski Kimball had come home to begin a new life. The only thing more perfect than the beautiful - dilapidated - building she'd bought for new dance school was Brody O'Connell, the frustrating, surprisingly fascinating contractor she'd hired for the renovation.

A man didn't often come across a woman as gorgeous, sensuou
Hardcover, Large Print, 288 pages
Published September 1st 2001 by Thorndike Press (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Considering Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Considering Kate

jenjn79
Jun 30, 2008 jenjn79 rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
This is one of those "awww" type books - more sappy romance than anything else. I wouldn't want to read that type of story all the time, but it's nice once in a while. And I especially enjoyed it in this case because the book is a continuation of a series that I really enjoy.

One of my favorite parts of this book is the parallel that is created between the romance of Kate and Brody, and romance of Kate's mother and father, Natasha and Spence (Taming Natasha, Stanislaskis #1). The romances start o
Saly
This is the story of Natasha's youngest daughter Kate, an accomplished dancer who at the age of 25 has decided to retire and open a dance studio teaching ballet in her home-town.
She meets the hero in her mother's shop and starts hitting on him and then finds out later that he is a widower raising his six year old son Jack and does not want to get involved but Kate is a modern woman who knows what she wants and makes all the moves. For, Brody his business and son is his priority and he doesn't ne
Esra
Bu kitabı okumayı unutmuşum!! Spencer ve Natasha'nın küçük kızları Kate'in hikayesiydi..
Kate ünlü bir balerin.. Ancak ailesine duyduğu özlem sebebiyle bie bale okulu açıp, çocuklara öğretmenlik yapmaya karar vererek doğup büyüdüğü yere dönüyor.. Ve okulu açacağı binanın restorasyon işlerini yapacak olan Brody ve oğlu Jack ile tanışınca yeni bir hedefin peşinden koşuyor..
Bu kadın daha çok böyle seri yazsın.. Her seferinde söylüyorum bunu... Aile ilişkilerini o kadar güzel anlatıyor ki okumaya doy
Fernanda
li esta historia há já lagum tempo... sem me ter apercebido que afinal fazia parte de uma serie -
(Família Stanislaski), ou seja comecei exactamente pela ultima historia! :S

mas há parte de tudo isso, foi uma historia "fofinha" com alguma atitude dos personagens.... "quero mas nao sei se quero" ... :D
mas a protagonista acaba por vencer e convencer e tudo acaba bem com um "Happy Ending" amoroso!
(quando mete crianças ao barulho fica tudo tão mais docinho) heheheh

leitura bastante agradável e rapida,
Tammiek
Hated to see this wonderful series come to an end. I loved the entire series so much. Sweet, well written romance novel. I LOVE Nora Roberts books. She is one of the best writers I've experienced reading. I enjoy her writing style, and this book was so enjoyable from start to finish. Made me warm and fuzzy all over. The characters in all the Stanislaski books were so unique and made you want to be part of their family! I look forward to reading more of Nora Roberts because each one just keeps ge ...more
Duncan Mandel

She'd turned her back on glamour and fame
and Kate Stanislaski Kimball had come home to begin a new life. The only thing
more perfect than the beautiful--dilapidated--building she'd bought for her new
dance school was Brody O'Connell, the frustrating, surprisingly fascinating
contractor she'd hired for the renovation.

A man didn't often come across
a woman as gorgeous, sensuous, provocative...and utterly irritating as Kate. But
Brody was determined to resist her effortless allure. She was Natash

Rebecca Rose
Kate Stanislaski Kimball is home from a profitable career in dance. Ballet has been her passion since childhood and now she wants to teach. She's picked out the perfect building. All it needs is some love and a lot of renovations. After a chance meeting with her mothers contractor, Body O'Connell, Kate has decided that ballet isn't her only passion.

She's pampered, spoiled and a socialite--plus, the last thing a widowed single dad needs. Except, he craves her. Kate's beautiful, irritating, and a
Maria
A good addition to the Stanislaski saga, Kate's book in some way completes Natasha's story. I always wondered why Natasha didn't teach ballet instead of opening a toy store, so I was happy that Kate does. The descriptions of rehabbing an old home make interesting reading, giving a sense of accomplishment and beauty. I found Kate a bit pushy for my tastes, but Brody and his past and especially Jack were wonderful. The Stanislaskis have a way with words. I love visiting.
Kristie (fabk)
::4.5 stars:: but I am being generous and giving 5!
I was really kind of nervous to read this book. I loved Nick and Freddies story so much, and Kate was really the only character we didn't get to know very well before hand. So I was worried that this book wouldn't hold the candle to Nick and Freddie. Boy was I worrying over nothing!!
Right away I was in love with Kate and Brody and more importantly, with Jack.
Nora Roberts does a fantastic job writing her Male and Female main characters, but she
Romanticdryad
I liked this one. I enjoyed Kate and Brody and Jack. I liked that this was a book where the woman went after the guy she wanted instead of the opposite which is far more standard for Roberts' books. I enjoyed the adult relationship Kate had with her parents.

The parallels between them and the rest of the family that made this generation of Stanislaskis seem like an organic continuation of the last which was nice.

And there were a few deliciously steamy moments, as one should expect.

It was a good f
Maria
I really loved this book, as i did Waiting for Nick, but i loved Brody's connection with his son, and how above everything he wanted to protect him and put him first and Brody realized that Kate wanted the same thing. I loved how Kate pushed him, and then at the end they were both at the same place without even knowing it! I think my favorite part was when Jack proposed to Kate and how he wanted her to live with them and marry his dad and give him a baby sibling. I also loved how Kate proposed o ...more
Arieana
Omg, Kate Stanislaski Kimball is such alike with her stepsister, Fred. She goal-oriented and know her goal. She retreated from ballet arena to become a ballet teacher. With new building, new career, new goal, and unexpected, she found new love, for Brody o"Connelll, a carpenter widower with one son, just like her mother.
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Ali
Love this book, loved the series. Borrowed the book as an ebook from my local library, only to realise by page 5 that I read this book before. Remembered I love the book, so i decide to keep on going. I've read 3 books in the series, have 1 on hold and hopefully my library will get the last 2.
Mary
I really enjoyed reading this book. The setting for this book, is a Ballerina coming home to West Virginia. Even though she could have Continued ballet, traveled all over the world sipping Champagne, and dancing the lead characters such as Giselle, Aurora, And Juliet, she was returning home to live out another dream. She was going to open her very own Ballet studio. Why not? her family''s name plus her Success as a respected top ballerina could not hurt. Since she had been cautious with the mone ...more
Linda Farrell
Not nearly long enough, it as like the author sat down and knocked it off in an afternoon. A beach book with a twist - the main character is very aggressive and knows what she ants and who she wants and when she wants it. Okay book but could have been a LOT better.
Jessica
this book was very good but it sort of faded into the background of the stanislaski series. kate was a very likeable character her stubbornness was entertaining but always the right tone for the storyline. she didnt really have depth the way the other heroines did...her background as far as we know is perfectly stable with no major upsets which is frankly kinda boring. brody was sweet and sexy and a decent hero but he was far too much of a worrywart for my tastes. he was a very good dad though w ...more
Beth Cox
I live to read Nora Roberts' romances between really long novels because they're easy and always have a happy ending. This book was wonderfully sweet, schmoopy and so good! A single father raising his son after the mothers death learns to live again. The little boy is so sweet!!!
Ashley Medbury
Great book another one from Roberts. I messed up and read this one first but this is the last in series. I did feel a little lost but I was still able to follow the main story and fall in love with the charcters. 3/5 stars
Stephanie
❀ Mary ❀
Great book!! I really want to be part of the Stanislaski family. The best part of book was the marrige proposal from little Jack to Kate, it was so sweet and adorable! I like Brody, he´s meticulous, careful and put his son's welfare first, a very admirable man. About Kate, she's a determinated woman and she knows what she wants but she's pushy and wants things to be on her own way, I think she should sit down and relax a little bit and have more patience.
But like I said before the star of the bo
Marianna
I was in love with this serious the minute I started reading it. I dislike that it ended.
Such a wonderful story and heart warming characters
Shea
Meredith
A sweet romance, with an adorable little boy. Great series about a diverse, delightful loving family that supports each member fully.
Janeiowa
I enjoy the Stanislaski extended family and this book was no exception.
Tanja
Nov 14, 2011 Tanja rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who's out for a simple, sweet love story
This was my first book of the Stanislakis series.

It was easy for me to like this book, mostly cause I didn't have many expectations. It's written in easy language, it's predictable from front to back. But there were some cute moments that made me think: 'Aaawww'.

The plot is easily told. Famous ballet dancer turns back to the roots, comes back home. Buys a building to open her own ballet school. Cute widowed contractor (with child) comes along and they fall in love. Short fight, happy ending. But
Demetra Smith
another installment in the Stanislaski family story
Mercedes
This is the last of the Stanislaski's series and good ending for this one. Kate Stanislaski Kimball fulfilled her ballerina dream and she is now ready to settle down to a new career as ballet teacher, finding a husband and having children. She found that in Brody and his son Jack; it is so similar to her mother Natasha's story but without the additional heartbreaks. If this is your first book that you read, then go back and fill in the blanks with the story of Mikhail, Alexis, Rachel and Natasha ...more
Deirdre
This was a charming story featuring Kate Stanislaski Kimball, one of the next generation of the Stanislaski's. She was a professional ballerina until she decides to move home, renovate an old building and open a dance studio. Her plans are disturbed somewhat when she meets a young widower and his son, the man she's going to have to work with to create the studio of her dreams.

I'm usually not one for kids in a story but this one stole the show. He was cute and charming and his father's love for h
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • Father's Day (Harlequin Romance #3130)
  • Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Connected by the Sea (Hawaiian Crush, #1)
  • Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2)
  • Between the Lines
  • Double Digit (Digit, #2)
  • Live and Let Shop (Spy Goddess, #1)
  • Captive Embraces (Captive, #2)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...