Start by marking “Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)

Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy #3)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  19,763 Ratings  ·  410 Reviews
Something terrifying is happening in the world of the Clans. Amid the destruction of the forest, cats are disappearing, including ThunderClan's beloved medicine cat apprentice, Leafpaw. Now the young cats who set off on a quest many moons ago have returned with a chilling message: The Clans must move to a new home, or risk extermination.

But it is not easy to convince the c
Published November 14th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published December 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn, please sign up.

Lilly C. You can purchase this book through the site, but you cannot read it for free. GoodReads wouldn't get any money that way. There is a preview that has…moreYou can purchase this book through the site, but you cannot read it for free. GoodReads wouldn't get any money that way. There is a preview that has the first few pages (Prologue and Chapter 1). This is for free. (less)

~♥~ happinesslife

La verdad es que el libro tiene muy buen ritmo y es muy ligero, algo que me ha dejado un poco descolocada es que hay asuntos que no se resuelven al final y veo un atisbo de misterio muy interesante.

Un final de trilogía lleno de miedos, peligros y aventura, los gatos deberán unirse para poder sobrevivir.
Kate Matson
Mar 18, 2015 Kate Matson rated it really liked it
So good!!!
Luke!GO LSU!
I am at the part of the book where te cats on the journey come back from midnight(the badger). They must convince their leaders to go to the great rock to see star clan. They must do this to save all of the cats in the forest. So i far i think this book is a good book. I think it is because i am currnetly having an read-atthon on talking cats! I think that the warrirors seirs is a great book to start on! I still wonder if they are going to save the cats on the clans...
Amanda
Aug 12, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES*

Squirrelpaw, Brambleclaw, Crowpaw, Stormfur, and Tawnypelt have finally returned from their long journey to find Midnight and a place for their Clans to flee. The twoleg destruction has grown much worse since the 5 cats left. Twoleg monsters have torn up half the forest, and Windclan is on the very brink of starvation, with Thunderclan and Shadowclan not far behind. Riverclan is the only clan that doesn't seem to be suffering, with t
Owen
Brambleclaw, Squirlflight, Cropaw and all the other Cats that went on the journey have returned. They convinced the rest of he clans that they had to run from the humans that were destroying everything. The cats convinced all the clans to go on the journey over the mountians. They come across the Tribe of Endless Hunting. They stay a few days. Then Stormfur decides to stay because he is in love with brook.

I can make a text-to-self connection to thiis book. In this book All the clans decide to
Emma Chris
Oct 09, 2014 Emma Chris rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I love Erin Hunters writing style. This book starts of where Moonlight left off. The cats have just returned from there quest to find Midnight. They have found out that they must leave the forest to find a new home because the Twolegs are destroying the forest. The conflict comes in when some of the clans can't or won't leave the forest for one reason or another. I really like how we can see Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaws relationship grow stronger in this book. I also ...more
Scott
Apr 12, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Upon returning to the forest, the cats of the quest to the Sun Drown place now face a new challenge ... to convince their clans that they must leave the forest. The Two Legs are destroying the forest and the clans must work together in order to survive. The cats of the quest have proven it is possible and FireStar understands how urgent the situation is ... but will he be able to convince the leaders of the other clans? Remaining is impossible but the path to new home chosen by StarClan remains ...more
Lydia Dyslin
May 02, 2016 Lydia Dyslin rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, adventure
It was good! Actually, when I first tried out the Warriors series to see if I liked it, I started with the third series, "Power of Three" and the new forest where book four and beyond is going to take place in is the place that I first "set up" everything in my mind first, so it feels really familiar to me.

I don't see why Squirrelpaw was not made a warrior in this book. She just went on a long and dangerous journey to a place that no cat except them had ever been before, and then she comes alll
Ashlynn Carpenter
Apr 28, 2016 Ashlynn Carpenter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rereads-3
I've read the book before but I'm rereading it again because I loved Brambleclaw so much:) I realized a lot more detail now that I'm reading this series again! This is an awesome book! FIVE STARS IN MY BOOK:)!!
Anton
Feb 16, 2016 Anton rated it really liked it
Not as exciting as the previous two installments, but lots of character development, with a bittersweet ending that left me wanting more!
Linda
Aug 27, 2016 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3,5
Claire Booking
Jun 23, 2015 Claire Booking rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reseña
Claire
May 10, 2014 Claire rated it it was amazing
Awesomely awesome!
Starfire
Feb 24, 2017 Starfire rated it it was amazing
Joseph Leskey
Dec 17, 2016 Joseph Leskey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not easily bored people
The theme and plot of this book was interesting to follow, but the average length of each section of plot was too long, causing rather drawn out and slightly boring reading sometimes. This should not be a problem, however; makes a person empathize with the characters more or something, eh? Overall, I enjoyed the novel with about 36.348323% of vehemence. There is a great deal of opportunity for fantastically exhilarating events revealed by the end of it.
Kirsti
Feb 03, 2014 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a pretty cover! Who wouldn't want to read this book based entirely on the cover alone? Luckily the story itself is reflected well with that pretty cover, filled with suspense, new friends, and excitement.

It was so sad to see the severe destruction of the Forest we grew to know so well in the first book series. Sunningrocks, Fourtrees and the River all destroyed by man's relentless ravaging of the Natural world. I would never call myself an Environmentalist, but I still hate the effect
Wildheart
Dec 26, 2010 Wildheart rated it it was amazing
This was awesome, though it took the cats little time to get to their new territory, it felt real and totally believable. The fact that it was mainly the twolegs fault, and that they drove them out by starvation and killing them off, made me have to continue. I did cry when Crowpaw got his warrior name. In this book you can see that first, what humans do to the environment is disguisting, all forms of life are special and have feelings, and lastly what you believe follows you no matter where you ...more
Ynwa
Jan 22, 2015 Ynwa rated it really liked it
Je pense que ce tome était un tome de transition avant les trois derniers. Peu d'actions dans la première moitié du livre mais de la réflexion. En effet, chacun des membres de notre petite troupe retrouve son clan. Malheureusement la menace est déjà en train de ravager les territoires des quatre clans.
Les chefs vont devoir prendre des décisions. Vont-ils réussir à s'entendre et dépasser les frontières de leurs clans pour ne devenir qu'un? Faut-il vraiment quitter le territoire comme l'indique
Anita
Jul 14, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Los gatos guerreros se merecen una oportunidad, los libros van mejorando conforme pasan y sus personajes se hacen cada vez mas reales, dejan de ser gatos, siguiendo siendo gatos a la vez, al contarnos una historia entretenida en la que empezamos ver en su comportamiento y en su forma de organizarse cosas cada vez más humanas.
Carol
Dec 28, 2015 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Los libros de en medio de las series siempre se me hacen tediosos. Estuvo bien, pero fue solo el viaje de los clanes en busca de su nuevo hogar, y la primera mitad fue pura pelea entre que unos clanes querían irse y otros no. Hubo partes pesadas, otras más emocionantes. Sabía lo de Borrascoso desde que se empezaron a acercar a las montañas de nuevo y me intriga que sucederá con Látigo Gris. Espero que los que siguen se vuelvan a poner emocionantes.
Aoife
Feb 11, 2011 Aoife rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All warrior fans! Read them in order everyone!
This book was as enjoyable as the last. The clans must unite together on a journey as the clans go on the search for their new home. It has good and ending and is another addicting read, can't put them down!
Lune
-Nonagésimo primer libro del Goodreads Challenge
-Décimo segundo libro para el Autumnthon 2015 (Libro con una portada bonita)

--------------------

4.5 estrellas
JJ
Sep 23, 2007 JJ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 9-12 year olds who like cats, or fantasy
Shelves: cat_books, fantasy
Good-bye Graystripe :,(
Whitaker
Dec 10, 2010 Whitaker rated it really liked it
A really great book shows us how everything is great and worth to die for
VeganMedusa
Jun 16, 2016 VeganMedusa rated it really liked it
Humans suck.
Christina
Feb 16, 2017 Christina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People with cat obbsession
A wonderful piece of literature that holds adventure, bravery, and sacrifice. It is as if one can imagine wild cats, yet in social groups, live and thrive in the forest. Makes reader wonder if they are somewhere in this world, prowling, waiting for a "Twoleg" to find them. Think about it, a clan of cats that have beliefs just as we did in ancient civilizations. It is like Christianity, but with a twist. StarClan, the Dark Forest, these are perfect words for their atmosphere! The characters are a ...more
Gracie
Feb 07, 2017 Gracie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fun, cats
This was amazingly good! I thought the rest of the books would be dull without Feathertail, but they are as lively as ever. The part where Stormfur stayed with The Tribe Of Rushing Water was a little sad, and that's the only reason this book doesn't get five stars.
Kathy Filardo
Jan 14, 2017 Kathy Filardo rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed learning how the cats settled into their new home around the lake and also the testing of Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight.
Julian U.
Oct 11, 2016 Julian U. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-nine-weeks
Everything is falling apart. The twolegs are closing in on the Clans. It's only a matter of time before the forrest is destroyed. The cats must wait for the dying warrior to show them the way. But what if the sign does not arrive? What if the Clans have to leave after all? And if they do, how long will they survive? Or, if they will survive.
This has to be one of my favorite Warriors books yet! It's totally AWESOME! There are happy and sad events on every page that just make you keep on reading.
Duststormbooks
Oct 12, 2016 Duststormbooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, tiere
Die Mitte war etwas zügig, aber das Ende mega spannend!
Freundliche mich so auf die Fortsetzung!
Was Jayfeather (Leafpool's blind, gray son) Crag's spitting image? (Crag: dark gray tom) 5 7 Jan 03, 2017 12:54PM
who liked this book and why? 3 10 May 06, 2015 04:46AM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Dawn [#3] 7 7 Jan 11, 2015 01:26PM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Dawn 1 2 Aug 23, 2013 05:34PM
Who else likes the new WindClan? 17 21 Jun 20, 2013 02:42PM
warriors: the new prophecy 6 23 Sep 04, 2012 09:09PM
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • Firewing (Silverwing, #3)
  • The Sight (Sight, #1)
  • Poppy's Return (Dimwood Forest, #4)
  • Rakkety Tam (Redwall, #17)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)

5 trivia questions
4 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“This is not an end. It is a beginning. You will need the courage of a lion to face this journey.” 58 likes
“Our father was a great warrior. Our mother is proud and strong. They shared only one flaw: that their only loyalty was to themselves above all other cats. We're not like that. We understand what it means to be loyal to our Clan. We have the courage to live by the warrior code. And because of that we'll be the most powerful cats in RiverClan one day, and our Clanmates will have to respect us then.” 27 likes