Start by marking “The Owner's Manual for Christians: The Essential Guide for a God-Honoring Life” as Want to Read:
The Owner's Manual for Christians: The Essential Guide for a God-Honoring Life

The Owner's Manual for Christians: The Essential Guide for a God-Honoring Life

It's never too late.

Whether you're a new Christian or you've walked the road for decades, it's never too late to find the critical truths that make life make sense.

We often start out believing that common sense will be enough, that we're prepared for the road ahead with our good values and quick thinking.

It doesn't take long to learn otherwise. A broken friendship. An obse
Published June 1st 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Owner's Manual for Christians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Owner's Manual for Christians

Tim Chavel
Dec 31, 2012 Tim Chavel rated it it was amazing
Chuck Swindoll is my favorite Bible teacher. He always is so practical. I pray the quotes from this book will bless and challenge you:

It’s never too late to start doing what is right. p. x

Donald Grey Barnhouse said, “ Love that goes upward is worship; love that goes outward is affection; love that stoops is grace.” To show grace is to extend favor or kindness to one who doesn’t deserve it and can never earn it. p. 5

One more thing should be emphasized about grace: it is absolutely and totally fre
Clara Roberts
Aug 14, 2011 Clara Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of Swindoll's better written books. In many ways this book is a type of the Christian discip[line life books. Comments in this book were "Prayer is not bargaining or pleading","To do what is right is to side with the truth of God", "We need to bow low before our God". This is a book I will reread at some later time in my life.
Tim Chavel
Apr 16, 2012 Tim Chavel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chuck Swindoll is one of my favorite Bible teachers. This book is so simple but has so much insight. I plan to add many quotes on my blog, http://timchavel.blogspot.com/ as time permits. Let me just give one quote at this time:

God often does His best work in us when He catches us by surprise and introduces a change that is completely against our own desire.

I highly recommend this book!
Scott
Jan 21, 2013 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like Swindoll as a preacher you will love this book. This is a book of Theology that provides reassurance and guidance for living the Christian life...
Dave
Aug 13, 2009 Dave marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-hand, gifts
gift from Kevin
Karen
Aug 01, 2010 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I skimmed it, as it is very basic. It's a summary of many of Swindoll's other books. Solid, good reading, simple.
Jessie
Jessie rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Cheryl Willams
Cheryl Willams rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Michael Greene
Michael Greene rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Andrew Devries
Andrew Devries rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Carlos Zazueta
Carlos Zazueta rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Daniel Carman
Daniel Carman rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Arnold Williams
Arnold Williams rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2012
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Gregory Leszyk
Gregory Leszyk rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
Darryl
Darryl rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2011
Sue Bullock
Sue Bullock rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2015
Carlos Zazueta
Carlos Zazueta rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2011
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2017
Lane Widick
Lane Widick rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Juanita
Juanita rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2013
Zacarias Rivera, Jr.
Zacarias Rivera, Jr. rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Szehuey
Szehuey rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Mellany Paynter
Mellany Paynter rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Graham
Graham rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Buddy
Buddy rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Melba
Melba rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2017
Charles Swindoll has devoted over four decades to two passions: an unwavering commitment to the practical communication and application of God's Word, and an untiring devotion to seeing lives transformed by God's grace. Chuck graduated magna cum laude from Dallas Theological Seminary and has since been honored with four doctorates. For his teaching on Insight for Living, he has received the Progra ...more
More about Charles R. Swindoll...