Start by marking “Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes” as Want to Read:
Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes

Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes

2.77 of 5 stars 2.77  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Wrestling the Hulk

How many people can say they stood up against wrestler Hulk Hogan and came out victorious? Linda Hogan did just that. After twenty-four years of dealing with his cheating, mistreatment, and lies, Linda needed to step out of her marriage ring and start a new life.

In Wrestling the Hulk, the woman who was loved by television audiences for being the supportiv
Published June 28th 2011 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Wrestling the Hulk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrestling the Hulk

Jezebel Jorge
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's not your typical wrestling biography. After 20+ years of putting up with the Hulkster, Linda certainly deserves her boy toy.
♥ Marlene♥
Well first of all I love sports and watch many but not wrestling cause to me that is not sport but fakery. I am sure they have to use special care and perhaps some techniques to not hurt each other. but I just do not like show wrestling. I do enjoy watching MMA though.

I had heard of Hulk Hogan. watched a few episodes of their "reality" TV show. Perhaps 4 or so so not many,
And I did see Lind and her new boy toy in another reality show called Couples Therapy. I still do not know why they were ther
Kera Price
i felt sorry for this woman because i new how she felt being bullied by a man :(.

also every wwe star who has done a book always says Hulk Hogan was a donkey.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
I got this book as a friend loaned it to me, what a joke,
Its awfully written, she makes her self out to be an innocent martyr, contradicts a lot of what was going on compared to what was said on the show/said on cam then changes the story again in her book. i also dislike how she blames the hulk for everything, for e.g Nick driving to fast and the accident he caused! (though how she can blame anyone but those directly involved is beyond me after all Nick is an adult) she blames the hulk for marr
Mags Prz
I was pleasantly surprised to find this book at the Dollar store! I figured even if it as not a good read, it was only a dollar so I purchased it. I am glad I did, it is actually really good and very interesting to find out how much of a hectic/ double life Linda had. I feel for her and look at Hulk Hogan in a completely different light now (not a fan anymore). Fast, easy, interesting read.
Cindy
Every story has two sides so it only seems logical that Linda Hogan would want to speak out after her very public divorce from the Hulkster. That being said I say I believe about 30% of this book, with 20% being "possible with a slight exageration" and the other 50% is just PR spinning babble to make people like her. Don't get me wrong I'm not all pro-Hulk but really this book didn't help me one big like either one of them.

There are random "dirty" details thrown into the book like what type of
Shannon
As with any situation, there is always two sides to a story. Linda, predictably, made herself out to be the perfect daughter, girlfriend, wife, mother, businesswoman -- you name it, she was perfect at it. However, I feel that her "truth" was exaggerated and that she had a lot to hide, but continually focused on Terry's wrongdoings. I'm sorry, but I just find it difficult to believe that she was this absolutely amazing, innocent woman that she portrayed herself to be. It's a little far-fetched an ...more
Chris
I read Hulk Hogan's book earlier this year, and he makes himself look all innocent, and you feel sorry for the guy. Then you read Linda Hogan's account of his cheating, and you can see that "The Hulk", isn't so innocent after all. I believe he lied many times in his book. There is probably exaggeration on both their parts, but it would be really good to read these two books back-to-back to compare. This book really held my interest and I read it in two days. I wish the best for her, and I believ ...more
Kelly Cardwell
She has her story hulk has is. I feel sorry that she had to put up with his nonsense. Linda should have called hulk out many times when she had the feeling about Christina and I would have never let her stay at my house. I hope she finds the peace and man that she deserves to be happy with. Money can't buy happiness is the true story here.
Tara
Did anyone really believe anything that came out of this womans mouth?? Really did she think that she could tame the Hulk?? Did she really think he wouldnt cheat?? And now she's with a 20 year old boy, yet she was upset that Hulk was doing the same thing, even though they were married... Read it for kicks, and that's all
Rebecca Raeske-Grinch
This is one of those "I can't sleep" ebooks. She repeats herself a lot. Is it because she's trying to convince the reader of what she's saying? And the lists. Dear god, the lists. This makes me think there aren't really editors anymore.
Mariana
I thought I was buying a book by an American Indian author. The too shallow ex-wife of Hulk Hogan whines about his cheating. What did she expect?
Patricia
I'm going to try this book because I already read Hulk Hogan's version of the truth. Well, I didn't care for it so stopped reading.
Steven Spoelstra
Not a real intelligent read. Nice to hear her side of the story. Borrow it. Don't buy it.
Danton
sad pictures...started to cry right away.....beautiful babies, wild life...unimaginabel.
Kariann
Interesting to learn her side of the story.
Doug
Doug added it
Apr 23, 2015
Tammy Bellflower
Tammy Bellflower marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Walt
Walt marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015