Love You When You Whine

Love You When You Whine

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Have you ever known a child who doesn’t occasionally whine? Or hit, or forget to say please, or refuse to share, or interrupt, or throw a tantrum, or ask for every toy in the store? We may like to pretend otherwise, but these are things small children do . . . and we continue to love them even when they misbehave.

This amusing catalog of bad behaviors is playfully illustrat...more
Published September 5th 2006 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Love You When You Whine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love You When You Whine

Ruth Ann
This book is intended for younger children. It reassures them that they are loved even when they misbehave. Appropriately, the unruly child is depicted as a little monster. Minimal text on each page, and most of the meaning is derived from the detailed pictures.
Kristina Silverbears
While I appreciate the sentiment I couldn't like this book. It doesn't feel like a story, and I worry that my children might one day try some of the naughty behaviors because they saw it here. We will not read it again.
Monica
The sentiment is wonderful, but I wouldn't read this to my child or my keys may get buried in the backyard.
Kelly
I was hoping there would be some redeeming quality or good message but all it really did was lay out a bunch of suggestions for how your kid could be bratty in different ways. The moral of the story is that the parent always loves the kid, but the message was really more for the parent than the kid, I think. My pet peeve is books written for children that don't teach good behavior, and this one falls into that category.
Shannon
I thought this was a wonderful book, as did my kids. I believe we read it every night at bedtime for the two weeks we had it on loan from the library. It was amazing to see the lightbulbs come on in their little minds when we got to the page "I love you even when you say that you don't love me." The message of the story was not lost on them in any way. I will absolutely be adding this to our home library!
Randie
A mother expresses her unconditional love to her sometimes whiny, irritating, loud, tantrum-throwing, mess-making child.

A book everyone can relate to. Illustrations are somewhat creepy, but the text more than makes up for it.
Meghan
I didn't like this one as it seemed to emphasize all types of bad behavior, but offered no counterpoint. I get the basic premise, but think the end result would probably give kids new ways to misbehave!
Lucia
This book was obviously written for adults to enjoy and actually not read to their children. Kids wouldn't get it, as they are typically the whiners. Great illustrations of a very disgruntled momma.
Peggy
My child said it was boring, but as a Mom who does tolerate a lot on a daily basis yet still love my kids - it was a really nice book!
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Keena
Keena added it
Feb 24, 2014
Lisa Sarm
Lisa Sarm marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Toys Go Out (Toys #1) Toy Dance Party (Toys #2) Lemonade in Winter: A Book About Two Kids Counting Money Toys Come Home: Being the Early Experiences of an Intelligent Stingray, a Brave Buffalo, and a Brand-New Someone Called Plastic (Toys #3) Mister Posterior and the Genius Child