Basic Research Methods for Librarians (Library and Information Science Text Series)

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Most library post-graduate programs teach research methods using generic research methods textbooks. However, this ground-breaking textbook covers the basic research methodologies likely to be used by librarians with an orientation to library issues. It also includes basic instructions on writing the research proposal and the research report.

Most library post-graduate prog

Paperback, Fourth Edition, 360 pages
Published November 30th 2004 by Libraries Unlimited (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Basic Research Methods for Librarians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Basic Research Methods for Librarians

Kimberly
This book provides a solid overview for research methods for the library and information science fields. The book covers such topics as: developing a research study, selecting a research method, picking the best sampling method, various types of research, data analysis, and styles/outlines to follow when writing research proposals and reports. A rather dry read, but full of good information useful for information professionals. I read it for a class in which I had to write a research grant propo...more
Tatjana
This book uses 10-dollar words where a 1-dollar word would be just fine... and wouldn't diminish the academic quality of the work. While it didn't change any understanding of the text, it made reading it devastatingly ponderous. It's a shame, because the subject is quite interesting.
Karla
This is an outstanding book on research methods in library and information science. It is relatively easy to read and is current as of April 2011. The book helped me to see the value in completing and sharing research in library and information science.
Christa
Really helped me to complete my research analysis and great for helping you focus on journal entries. As for today, I'm not sure if the information will be helpful, since it's sorta dated.
Jeff
An excellent introduction for all social science research. Especially useful for aspiring librarians and information professionals. I found this text very informative.
Scott
This stuff made my head implode. But I had a great teacher.
Mp
I learned basic research methods for librarians.
school book
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Katie Kothenbeutel
Katie Kothenbeutel is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Naeem Ahmed
Naeem Ahmed marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
CNR
CNR marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Peace Coolmind
Peace Coolmind marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Tyough Oliver
Tyough Oliver marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Vivek Kumar
Vivek Kumar marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Azra Aqeel
Azra Aqeel marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Venkatesh K
Venkatesh K marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Next Library Leadership: Attributes of Academic and Public Library Directors Basic Reference Sources: A Self-Study Manual Qualitative Research in Information Management Convergence and Collaboration of Campus Information Services Basic Reference Sources: A Self-study Manual