Bullied (Bullied, #1)

Bullied (Bullied #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  36 reviews
***STEPHEN KING ON CHRISTOPHER SMITH***

"Put me down as an enthusiastic Christopher Smith fan. Smith is a cultural genius."

DESCRIPTION: From international best-selling thriller author Christopher Smith ("FIFTH AVENUE") comes a new young adult series of paranormal thrillers written under the name, C.R. Smith.

"BULLIED" is the first novella in THE BULLIED SERIES, which focuse...more
Published (first published April 11th 2011)

Smile by Matt ShawButterfly Potion by Trent ZelaznyShifters by Jaime JohneseeThe Darkest Shade of Grey by Alan BaxterPRISON PLANET by Billie Sue Mosiman
Best Horror Novellas of 2012
55th out of 83 books — 180 voters
Revenge by Christopher  SmithKiss of a Demon King by Kresley ColeDeep Kiss Of Winter by Kresley ColeNo Rest for the Wicked by Kresley ColeBullied by Christopher  Smith
Fave Authors
5th out of 36 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Keri (The Book Pirate)
When Christopher first asked me to read his novella series, I was hesitant. I hadn't heard of many book reviewers accepting author requests. But, I figured being a new book blogger meant that I couldn't be picky. I have to say that I was really lucky with what Christopher threw my way.

Bullied will keep your heart pounding with every turn of the page. You are introduced to Seth, a kid who has been bullied his entire life for reasons he never had control of. With every punch or mocking word, you r...more
Lynne Lowe
Another great freebie from Amazon! I'm sure everyone can relate to bullies, either being the one that dished it out, or on the other end receiving it. I don't want to give the plot away, but naturally I was rooting for the underdog. Having been bullied in grade school, I could relate to Seth, the main character and what he was going through. I wish I could have "handled" my problems the way he did. I only had trouble in grade school for a couple of years. I can't imagine dealing with bullies as...more
Paula Humphrey
I'm not much into sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal type books and I thought this book ran more towards that kind. That being said, it was a story to keep you wanting to turn the next page. Not really sure that I would read any of the sequels to it. I was expecting more of a legal type story.
Joel Liriano
Really interesting story! Love the way it makes you want to keep flipping pages until the very end, also the way it mixes magic with complex feelings of the life of a bullied teenager and the whole right-and-wrong scheme of things.
Holjo
Seth Moore has not been granted the best lot in life. He lives in a trailer, his parents are both unemployed drunks, his skin is covered in acne, and his body is weak. Thanks to this terrific combination of attributes, he has been bullied his entire life. The last three years of high school have seen him beat up regularly and verbally abused constantly by his fellow students.

On the first day of his senior year, Seth receives an amulet as a gift from a friend of his father. This amulet gives him...more
Becca
Imagine if you were ruthlessly bullied your whole life because of things you could not change - where you live, what your parents do etc AND then one day you suddenly gain the power to change your fate. What would you do? Christopher Smith gives us a novella (& free ebook), which shares Seth's story of exactly that premise. This is indeed an intense story that deserves a chance of you reading it!

Goodread summary: "Seth Moore, a relentlessly bullied 18-year-old boy who is gifted an amulet th...more
Nancy Silk
"Amazing Thriller of a Story"

I started reading this story last night and finished it this afternoon. Amazing! Seth Moore is a senior in high-school hell, as he calls it. He's been harassed, bullied, kicked, spit at, all of his life in this small community. Even his teachers are non-supportive, and the worst part ... he has no friends. Both his parents are alcoholics, unemployed, impoverished, living in a trailer. Seth is returning to school in September for his last year of school. After which h...more
Michelle
Nooooooo!!!!! How could it end like that? Why? How did this guy get me so invested in his characters in just a few short pages? How did he do it? Aghhhh! I need the rest yesterday! If you even think about taking a break while writing this series I will find you Smith! I Will Find You! This is amazing work! You are up there with Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs as one of my favorite authors, people I would kidnap and take with me on a desert island to write for me! (Well, a desert island with am...more
Julie Johnson
This book grabs you from the start, the voice of the narrator is compelling & insistent. I was drawn in immediately & literally did not stop until I reached the end. The only downside--its a short read & the way it ends BEGS you to get the next book. I feel Book 1 & Book 2 could have made one book--but thats a mere quibble. The story is gripping, flows great, the characters are real, the connection one feels to the main character is solid.

Great, great start to a series that I hop...more
Suzie
I thought this book was very very good! I was surprised I liked it because it is for young people which I usually don't care for, but am now inspired to read more of! It's still hard for me to give an adequate review due to my inexperience in this genre. I've read Christopher Smith's other books and I must say, he is one fantabulous writer. FIFTH AVENUE is a very good book and I'm excited to read PARK AVENUE. So that's why I picked up BULLIED. I was NOT disappointed. Keep it up Chris! I love you...more
Carla
I read this off and on for a bit and finally finished it. It wasn't a long book but I loved it. I'm sure most people can relate to Seth and his being bullied. In this story he gets a little help from an amulet of unknown origin that makes things happen. I think those who have been in this situation probably wished for something 'mysterious' or 'magical' to happen and make things better.
I hate it took so long to finish, but glad I did. Looking forward to finishing the series.
Darlene Ferland
Great book for anyone interested in the problem of bullying. It is gaining much more notice and Christopher Smith deals with it in a way that exposes some of the dirty little secrets underlying the bully's reasoning as well as the thoughts and feelings of those being bullied. If anyone could write a well-defined story that is both educational and interesting (I just can't say enjoyable but I did enjoy reading it), it is Mr. Smith. This is a must read for families.
Angela
This was a great find. You really feel sorry for Seth as he is continuously tormented, and I genuinely found myself hating Mike, Ginny, and Tyler. I was bullied as a child, but no where near this bad. He finds an amulet that helps to turn things around, but as I could feel hate for his tormentors, I started to fear what he was becoming. I've started the sequel, Revenge, and I can't seem to put it down either. I'm sure a review for it will be up shortly.
Jeanne
If you have ever been bullied in your life, this book will interest you. I really enjoyed the book, and the author writes well. I am drawn into his story and can barely put the book down. I am drawn in from the first page all the way through to the last. This series has a tendency to just Drop at the end of the book, but the next book picks up immediately where it left off. I'm glad I don't have to wait for a new book to be released!
Nathalie Hamidi
Having been bullied during college and high school, I can relate to what’s happening to Seth. Bullying is something I will not tolerate on any other person, and that is why my heart made a jump at the mention of the buff friend that stands up to the bullied. Had I been in Seth’s place, no way I could not have gotten revenge right there… I’m looking forward to reading the sequel. Great novel, I recommend it.
Tere Garza
The story of a guy who is constantly bullied by almost everyone at school. He gets an amulet that helps him against his problems. I got this book in my kindle because the title and sinopsis is catchy. The book excedeed my expectations, I enjoyed it a lot.

I think many youngsters would feel identified and get a lot of fun thinking about what they would do if they had magical powers to solve their problems.
Dawna
i got this as a free book on my kindle and let me tell you am i so happy that i did! i read the first book within a few hours and was able to get the second book free also.
i loved the premise behind the book. a bully gets a chance to be stonger and better but at what cost to him, and to the ones he loves?
this is a four book series that is directed to the YA / fantasy set but is an amazing read!!!!
Lisandra
WOW! I think this is one of the best written books ive read in a long time. The concept was incredible and the characters where unbelievable. This book can relate to so many people (althought things hit a bit of an e xtreme here for bullies, however, i dont put it past them to do such things or worse). I cant wait to read the nxt one and the next and the nxt! Im totally hoocked!!
Donna
This is a very short book, a bit different to what I would normally read, very sci-fi with the Amulet having powers, but once started reading it I couldn't put it down, excellent writing, it draws you in!
Look forward to reading Revenge :-)
Beccie
A very gripping story although it was a short read. A great story for any teen who has ever been bullied and wanted to kick butt. Although I will say I don't like this cover, it's ugly. I like the ones with the chess pieces better
Lori
Not bad. I don't remember bullying being this bad when I was in high school, but then again I wasn't bullied or a bullier. This was a pretty quick read so I'll probably check out the 2nd book to see what happens to Seth. . .
Dawn
Good short story - starts out nice and real - then goes to the witch things. For a person who is not a fantasy fan I thought this was fun. Even went out to find the next book in the series.

David Burton
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!

Loved this book! For anyone who's been bullied, or is watching their children go through this, this book will resonate with you. Now, off to buy the second!!
Linda Look
Seth Moore, a relentlessly bullied 18 year old, now has the ability to use his amulet for good or for evil. Which does he choose? This is a short novel but worth reading. I give it a 3.8.
Michelle Rich
So awful. Predictable story line, terrible grammar, completely unbelievable. This is probably the worst series I've ever read. What were you thinking, Stephen King? He was totally ripping off Carrie!
Christine
A Kindle Freebie.

I was impressed with the novel overall. However, this book is such a quick, short read, that it seems more like half of a TV movie than novel.
Connie
I didn't realize it was a Novella when I started. I enjoyed what I've read so far. It has an entertaining story, good pace and interesting characters.
Angela
another great book but was way too short. Looking forward to reading the next books in the series to see what happens.
I really enjoyed this book, but it was too short! Guess I've got to read the rest of the series now.
Christian Forbess
It started off interesting but ended up being really strange and sort of demonic. Not a fan
  • Plaza
  • Blood Reaction
  • Anon (Anon Duology, #1)
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • The Screaming
  • Twisted Vengeance (Twisted Vengeance, #1)
  • Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Dark Passage
  • Suckers
  • Absorbed
  • Jimmy
  • Ashes
  • Sea Sick
  • The Turtle Boy (Timmy Quinn #1)
  • The Takers (The Oz Chronicles, #1)
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • Callis Rose
  • Death Has a Name (Brodie Wade, #1)
About the Author:
Christopher Smith is the international best-selling author of "Fifth Avenue," "Running of the Bulls," "From Manhattan with Love," "Bullied," "Revenge," "Witch" and "War." For fifteen years, Smith was the film critic for a major newspaper in the Northeast. For eight years, he appeared weekly on NBC affiliates, and two years nationally on the E! network. He has written over 4,000 re...more
More about Christopher Smith...
Fifth Avenue (Fifth Avenue #1) Running of the Bulls (Fifth Avenue #2) The Fifth Avenue Series Boxed Set From Manhattan with Love (Fifth Avenue #3) A Rush to Violence (Fifth Avenue #5)