The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)

The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #7)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  1,774 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A class trip to the aquarium winds up in the depths of the ocean as Ms. Frizzle's class must escape the jaws of a great white shark! During their adventure, Ms. Frizzle teaches the class about different shark species, including the goblin shark, angel shark, whale shark, and others. Illustrations.
Published September 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2000)

Sharks by Catriona ClarkeSharkabet by Ray TrollSurprising Sharks (Boston Globe-Horn Book Honors by Nicola DaviesSharks! by Anne SchreiberDolphins And Sharks by Mary Pope Osborne
Children's Books about Sharks
29th out of 29 books — 9 voters
The Big Field by Anne MorddelNeurology by April Chloe TerrazasCellular Biology by April Chloe TerrazasChemistry by April Chloe TerrazasSuper Smart WORKOUT Series #1 by April Chloe Terrazas
Science for Kids
139th out of 166 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Gabriel
In this book, Arnold escapes from a Goblin shark. The magic school bus traveled inside a Tiger shark. I liked the part when the class saw all the bones inside the Tiger shark's stomach. The smallest shark in the world is the Pygmie shark. It will fit in the palm of your hand! The fastest shark in the world is the Lemon shark. It is called a Lemon shark because of the deep yellow color on it's stomach. I liked the part when they escaped from the Great White shark. The escaped by hooking up to ano...more
Sarah Sammis
Ms. Frizzle the vampire promises her class a normal field trip to the local aquarium only to find that it is closed for repairs. What to do? Of course, transform the bus, endanger the students and take them on a deep sea adventure!

The facts presented in this book are almost identical to Cole's older book, Hungry, Hungry Sharks except now they are dressed up in the trappings of The Magic School Bus. I wouldn't have noticed the similarities if I hadn't read the books back to back.

Both books teach...more
Adiva Siddeky
I would not like to share this book because Arnold got attacked by a goblin shark. What I liked in the book was that Arnold was a hero by detaching the sub from the Mako shark. What I didn't like in the book was that Arnold's whole class even Ms. Fizzle and Mr. Hill, the owner of the Aquarium was a Tiger Shark's dinner. The book was interesting because I learned many facts about sharks.
Heather
I read this with my son at bedtime last week. He loved it! The Magic School Bus books are terrific at combining the fun of fiction with facts about the topic. I've read many of the Magic School Bus "picture books" but had never read one of the chapter books. I'll definitely be picking up more of these.
Twyla
Taylor Destito

The Magic School Bus books and TV episodes have been a hit among children since they first came out, and The Great Shark Escape is no exception. In this book, the children in Ms. Frizzle’s class have to pick a marine animal to write a report about. To give them some inspiration, Ms. Frizzle plans a field trip to the aquarium. Unfortunately, there was an accident at the aquarium and it had to be shut down for the day. But of course that doesn’t disappoint Ms. Frizzle. She decides to change the bu

Dolly
Apr 05, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We've read all of the Magic School Bus picture-books that we can find and now we're working our way through the Magic School Bus chapter books too. We just love the Friz and her class; the characters feel like old friends to us.

This story takes us to the ocean to see several types of sharks. It has a lot of factual information about the different sizes, food sources and areas where various sharks live. There's a lot of excitement and danger in this tale and we enjoyed reading it together.
Rebecca Brown
I loved this book. It was interesting and a great informational book. There was lots of information about sharks and other ocean life. This is a great book to teach kids about some ocean life.
Katherine
Magic School Bus Chapter Books are not very interesting or well written. Their only redeeming quality is getting kids who like Magic School Bus picture books weaned off of them.
Violet Goldberg
Favorite part: When Arnold saved the class when he drove the submarine bus to get off the shark.

Luke
I liked it because I like to read and I like science. I learned that rays are sharks.
My 4 year old loves these chapter books. He really enjoyed this one.
Rohmah
Feb 14, 2008 Rohmah rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: anak
Cara yang asyik dan mudah belajar sains buat anak-anak.
Theresa
science supplementary material for the classroom.
Jaden
I learned about Goblin Sharks.
Krishna
Arnold was never THAT brave!
Alexander
Cool book! :)
Vivian Huynh
Vivian Huynh marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Jennifer Gadberry
Jennifer Gadberry marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)
  • The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
Jennifer Johnston is a shout-it-from-the-rooftops proud mother of two and militantly loyal wife, despite what could be concluded from these stories. Jennifer graduated from the University of Michigan, worked for a gigantic accounting firm until 14 days before the birth of her first daughter, and now "full-time-mom"s in Rochester, Michigan.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodRe...more
More about Jennifer Johnston...
The Myth of the Bonbons: Exposing the Life of a Full-Time Mom The Magic School Bus Chapter Book Boxed Set, Books 1-10 The Magic School Bus Chapter Book Boxed Set, Books 1-12 The Magic School Bus Chapter Book Boxed Set, Books 1-8: Penguin Puzzle, The Great Shark Escape, The Giant Germ, Twister Trouble, Space Explorers, The Wild Whale Watch, The Search for the Missing Bones, and The Truth About Bats