Start by marking “Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POWs in Vietnam” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POWs in Vietnam

Kiss the Boys Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POWs in Vietnam

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Two award-winning journalists contend that the U.S. government has knowingly suppressed evidence of American soldiers still held captive in Southeast Asia. Over the course of a five-year investigation, the authors became convinced that the safety and interests of these prisoners and their families were being sacrificed to American foreign policy. 16 pages of photographs.
Published September 30th 1990 by Dutton Books (first published September 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Boys Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Boys Goodbye

Susan
Sep 03, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
This was first non-fiction historical book I read on the cover-up and the mere fact that our government did indeed leave our POW's and MIA's behind for the sacrifice of American Foreign Policy and operations that were highly questionable and were concealed from the American public for decades.

When evidence did surface that their were prisoners of war were still left in the jungles of Vietnam the government denied it and when a soldier came forward to say he was a prisoner of war and that there
Peggy
Nov 03, 2013 Peggy rated it really liked it
I alternated between feeling angry and feeling a terrible sense of injustice and sadness.
Written by a previous 60 minutes producer, Kiss the Boys Goodbye is a suberb and in depth look at a story no one wanted told, a story that people would do almost anything to supress, and others would sacrifice everything to have told. The research is excellent and very detailed. At times I had to stop reading, just to take a step back. What if, I kept asking myself, what if my father, uncle, brother, husband
William
Nov 14, 2015 William rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again this book is another indictment of the US government knowingly abandoning it men at the conclusion of their wars in Southeast Asia. One of numerous books on the POW/MIA issue that everyone should read. When this book was being written and subsequently published these men were still leaving E&E (Escape and Evasion codes) for US satellites to find. The government was still getting credible reports of Americans imprisoned in Vietnam and Laos.
Tom Burden
Jan 30, 2016 Tom Burden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and Infuriating Look into Vietnam POWs

Compiling years of research and clandestine meetings that would fit a Bond film, the authors present a compelling and dark look into a highly contentious issue.
Kathy
Mar 19, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Wow.........excellent and sickening and enlightening and sad......I have a grandson in the Marine Corps and one going into the Air Force..........I will keep praying
Nora
Mar 14, 2012 Nora rated it really liked it
Very good book, worth the time to get through this = = UNBELIEVABLE AND SHOCKING!! Second time I've read this which took me as long to read this time too. Takes a lot of concentration to stay with it. Difficult to read and take in all that goes on "under cover" in our government. Politicians covering up there "red faces" as one lie leads to another, etc. It's hard take!
Bill
Dec 13, 2012 Bill rated it it was amazing
Now I know why Ross Perot spoke to George H W Bush with such disdain during the 1980 Presidential debates. GJWB, as CIA chief, left our MIAs there and BOTH knew it!!! Read it and you will understand why the 2,500 MIAs were never rescued. Shame on us!!
Beth in SF
Sep 13, 2007 Beth in SF rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
War is ugly, politics is uglier, and individual pain is both hidden and screamed. Commentaries on frustration and despair.
Tammy
Jan 16, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it
Hard to swallow but well-researched and well-done.
Janet
Sep 20, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it
Hard information to swallow. Very eye opening!
George Wilkins
George Wilkins rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Shasta
Shasta rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Katlyn Michaels
Katlyn Michaels marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Adam Thomas
Adam Thomas marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Tehila
Tehila marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Jamie
Jamie added it
Mar 05, 2016
evie
evie marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Erik Angle
Erik Angle marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
David Wilcher
David Wilcher rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Jon Cvack
Jon Cvack marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Wayne Grogan
Wayne Grogan marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Donald Forster
Donald Forster marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Heinz
Heinz marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Steven Frizzie
Steven Frizzie marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Jeff Wasel
Jeff Wasel rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Ronni Adams
Ronni Adams rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015